Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Started With BitCoin  (Read 445 times)
BitCoin_Al (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:30:24 PM

Hello, everyone!

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Bitcoin and would like to get into it, more as a hobby than a security. Can anyone please explain HOW to do so? I am very confused about all the different wallets,  pools and even the FBI/Federal Reserve conspiracies.
Also, do I REALLY have to buy a $2,000 computer just to earn 1 coin every two months?
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:53:23 PM

Hi Al,

Welcome!  The first thing you'll want to do is read everything you can get your hands on about cryptocurrencies.

Next, start looking at mining smaller, easier altcoins.  Mining BTC on the joe-schmoe scale is dead.  Find an alt coin that interests you, looks like it can grow, and get to it.

When you have specific questions, feel free to ask on the forums.  There are a lot of very helpful people here.

DoubleMyCoins!

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

Hello, everyone!

I have been hearing a lot of good things about Bitcoin and would like to get into it, more as a hobby than a security. Can anyone please explain HOW to do so? I am very confused about all the different wallets,  pools and even the FBI/Federal Reserve conspiracies.
Also, do I REALLY have to buy a $2,000 computer just to earn 1 coin every two months?

There are a lot of ways to get started. The easiest way to jump in and buy Bitcoins is probably to use Coinbase.com. If you know how to do something of value, like graphic design for example, you can earn bitcoins by offering your services for them. Check out the Marketplace section of this forum Smiley
currango

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:56:00 AM

Good Day Al,

I got started with BTC throuth TryBTC.org when they were promoting some free micro-BTC just for trying it out ...
Those micro-BTC were sent to my coinbase wallet they created for me and I was the proud owner of some BTC that were worth approx 3 cents Canadian
Then I got a tip and brought my total up to almost 80 cents !

Now i'm gambling on luckyb.it

wish me luck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: