Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated: Proof-of-Stake interest is safe and does not act as inflation.  (Read 4084 times)
colinistheman (OP)

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:28:36 AM

Reading through this thread it becomes stunningly apparent that most of you have not done any sort of in-depth research into the mechanics behind Peercoin, and rather are relying on the BTC-e trollbox for information. Please read the thoughts of PPC developer Sunny King into why PPC has been designed the way it has been.

As well, because it bothers me to continually read the same tired arguments, you should NOT be thinking of 1% PoS rewards in the same way as fiat inflation.

Let's say in society I'm holding $100. Let's also say that there is $1000 total in the country held by 10 people including yourself (the money supply). Everyone has $100 in this scenario.

Traditional 1% inflation is if the Government prints an extra $10. Now, I only have $100 out of $1010 total, meaning my relative purchasing power has decreased. This makes me unhappy as a holder of the currency, and is the lens that many of you are thinking of the mechanics of the coin.

With Peercoin, EVERYONE GETS the 1%, assuming you choose to secure the network with PoS minting. Your relative purchasing power has not changed. Everyone has the chance to hold $101 / $1010 (10% of the money supply) so to speak, which is no different than $10 / $1000.

The only difference is that this 1% PoS reward mechanism secures the network, and is offset by transaction fees. It is a useful form of work.

Very good points. You actually shifted my viewpoint when I read this. I see how because everybody is getting the increase, then it is not actually acting as inflation. It's acting in the same manner that moving the decimal place over would have. (As the poster at the quote below stated)

I suppose paper wallets would be the only poor method of storage for these proof of stake coins then because then you would not be getting that 1% right? Which is ironic if PPC is supposed to be intended as a longterm store of value. I don't want to keep my coins on my computer for 5-10 years. Do I have this correct: You'd have to keep your coins online at least once a week or some such interval so that they get the percentage increase? They wouldn't just magically get an increase sitting offline somewhere right?

That one factor is unfortunate, but at least I understand the overall picture to be brighter now: Everyone has the choice (by keeping their coins connected up in a digital wallet) to allow their coins to receive the extra 1%. And no one is excluded from the 1% except by their own choice to keep their coins offline.

Peercoin's PoS is a decentralized increase in the money supply based on the amount of coins you own. It is not bad at all. It is possible to increase the money supply and sill not have inflation. It is exactly the same as if you were to add more decimal places onto the end of Bitcoin. You have more tradeable units but the value stays the same. With Peercoin, you mint more coins, so your value stays the same because you have received more coins.  It is decentralized inflation, which is different than traditional inflation. It is not a top down approach, it is a bottom up approach that is distributed fairly.

The 1% PoS minting is like a gradual stock split.

The .01 tx fee works like a super-mini reverse stock split.

Peercoin has both of these features.

Well said and good analogy.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
colinistheman (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:30:47 AM

I think not many people (like myself) fully understand how proof of stake works. And if nothing else, I hope this thread can serve to help others realize how it works and bring an understanding to a larger group of people.

It seems that's what Bitcoin and this entire crypto-movement is all about: Raising peoples' understanding of a completely new technology.

Mass understanding will help to accomplish mass adoption.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:38:06 AM

You only have to connect to the Peercoin network roughly 4 times per year to mint the 1% per year on your coins. The mint amount is based on coin age and the max coin age is 90 days (so 4 times a year).

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:39:08 AM

Reading through this thread it becomes stunningly apparent that most of you have not done any sort of in-depth research into the mechanics behind Peercoin, and rather are relying on the BTC-e trollbox for information. Please read the thoughts of PPC developer Sunny King into why PPC has been designed the way it has been.

As well, because it bothers me to continually read the same tired arguments, you should NOT be thinking of 1% PoS rewards in the same way as fiat inflation.

Let's say in society I'm holding $100. Let's also say that there is $1000 total in the country held by 10 people including yourself (the money supply). Everyone has $100 in this scenario.

Traditional 1% inflation is if the Government prints an extra $10. Now, I only have $100 out of $1010 total, meaning my relative purchasing power has decreased. This makes me unhappy as a holder of the currency, and is the lens that many of you are thinking of the mechanics of the coin.

With Peercoin, EVERYONE GETS the 1%, assuming you choose to secure the network with PoS minting. Your relative purchasing power has not changed. Everyone has the chance to hold $101 / $1010 (10% of the money supply) so to speak, which is no different than $10 / $1000.

The only difference is that this 1% PoS reward mechanism secures the network, and is offset by transaction fees. It is a useful form of work.
Yeah +1 for this post.... lot of misunderstanding here and bashing peercoin and POS with complete FUD and misconceptions.  May I add that Devcoin has no cap on the number of coins, there are different economic models and requirements and attractions.  Lot of information on

http://peercoin.net/
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php
http://peercoinmyths.com/

We have a dedicated wiki for peercoin information and explanation on its way and we are working hard to educate people on POS and Peercoin in general... there is a LOT of wrong info flowing round.

I make a request to the OP of this thread to change the title of this thread to one that is more appropriate after they have read the entire of the feedback and formed a new opinion on POS.  

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
colinistheman (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:29:17 AM

Lot of information on

http://peercoin.net/
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php
http://peercoinmyths.com/

We have a dedicated wiki for peercoin information and explanation on its way and we are working hard to educate people on POS and Peercoin in general... there is a LOT of wrong info flowing round.

I make a request to the OP of this thread to change the title of this thread to one that is more appropriate after they have read the entire of the feedback and formed a new opinion on POS.  

Fuzzybear

Yeah, suggestion taken. I have updated the title and first post to clear up this point. Maybe it will now help others become educated on it too.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:33:52 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 09:52:40 PM by masterOfDisaster

Admittedly I haven't read the whole topic. Buy maybe I can help with some information about Proof of Stake (PoS) in general or Peercoin in detail.
Forgive me if this is partly redundant. And please correct me if I'm wrong.

Peercoin has a blockchain which allows Proof of Work (PoW) blocks (that are just like Bitcoin's) and PoS blocks.

The reward for the PoW blocks is not defined by block height (like it is at Bitcoin: starting with 50 BTC/block and being halved each 210,000 blocks), but by the difficulty of the PoW process.
At Peercoin the PoW reward is calulated as 9999/difficulty1/4.
As you can derive from the formula, the PoW reward gets halved by a 16-folded difficulty. So the PoW reward decreases gradually if the hashing power of the PoW process grows.

The reward for the PoS blocks is calculated based on coin age. Peercoins that remain unspent in ones wallet gather coin age. Once they are "older" than 30 days they can mint PoS blocks.
Upon successful PoS minting the coins that have been used for PoS minting get rewarded. The reward is roughly 1% per coin yeargloss 1.

The PoW blocks are designed to have an average spacing between 10 minutes and 120 minutes.
The PoS blocks are designed to have an average spacing of 10 minutes.
As you can see, the majority of blocks is PoS: http://ppc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/PPCoin?count=100&hi=86363.

Although the PoW process is quite energy consuming, the PoS process is very low energy.
I have Peercoin running on a RaspberryPi causing 20% CPU load - and that RaPi is needing roughly 3 Watts (without load 2.5 Watts). So I take part in the PoS process with an extra of 0.5 Watts.

That is why it is often called energy efficient.

And regarding the "unlimited supply" I want to say that for sure there is a theoretically unlimited (in fact by code 2 billion) supply for Peercoins, but effectively it is limited.
  • The reward for the PoW blocks gradually decreases.
  • The reward for the PoS blocks is roughly 1% per year.
  • The transaction fees are destroyed (in difference to e.g. Bitcoin)!

Currently there are more new Peercoins created than destroyed. So we have an inflation. I've calculated that based on a recent 2-week time frame as approximately 6.6% (I've calculated that some days ago; this is likely to decline as it did right from the beginning).

But Peercoin is quite young, and much less used for transactions than Bitcoin.
Where you have several hundred transactions (at average) per block at Bitcoin you have less than 10 (at average) per block at Peercoin. So there is not very much tx fee destroyed at the moment but will be once Peercoin is wider adopted.
The PoW difficulty is still low and thus the reward is still relatively high.
But even now the average block reward (PoW and PoS combined) for Peercoin is less than the reward at Bitcoin. I've calculated that recently as roughly 24 PPC per block (estimate for the blocks from 84046 to 86061)
And this is going to decline.
So we are far from "unlimited supply"!

Effectively there will be an equilibrium once the created (PoS, PoW) and destroyed (transactions) Peercoins are at more or less the same level. The increase of total supply will at least hugely decline.
The next year there will be roughly 1 million Peercoins created (depending on the PoW hash rate, the PoS minting, the transactions). With a total supply of close to 21 million Peercoins, this is less than 5% and assumably less than Bitcoin's inflation next year.

One last word about the PoS and the inflation that is caused by that.
You need to incentivize people to do any kind of appropriate minting to secure the block chain.
The PoS reward of 1% per year is that incentive for Peercoin's PoS.
For Bitcoin the incentive is (currently, mainly) the coinbase reward of 25 BTC per block.
This coinbase incentive will decline until the main incentive will be gathering the transaction fees. One can doubt that this will enough incentive to operate energy consuming mining devices (they need to pay off!). It will be interesting to see the network's reaction to the drop of the coinbase reward from 25 BTC to 12.25 BTC per block in approximately 2.5 years.
And a rising price of Bitcoin alone might not be sufficient as the maximum number of transactions is limited by maximum block size and the transaction fee is likely to be lowered if the Bitcoin price continues to rise (I remember tx fees of 0.01/kB for BTC!).
So there might be a total amount of tx fee for BTC per block. If this is not enough to incentivize the operation of mining devices, it will become risky...

PoS enables Peercoin to secure the block chain without those energy consuming devices. All you need is some low-energy device to do the PoS minting.
This is why Peercoin has a unique chance to sustain the network security independently from using lots of energy.

Please take this as a start. Gather information. Make up your own mind. Peercoin might be a bit more fascinating than it appears at first sight!

gloss 1
Details can be found in the source code:

Here is the coin age that determines when you are eligible to mine a PoS block. This is (coin value) * (days since last tx, capped at 90 days, minus 30 days).
(code slightly simplified, see kernel.cpp)
STAKE_MAX_AGE = 60 * 60 * 24 * 90;
nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 30;
int64 nTimeWeight = min(nTimeTx - txPrev.nTime, STAKE_MAX_AGE) - nStakeMinAge;
CBigNum bnCoinDayWeight = CBigNum(nValueIn) * nTimeWeight / COIN / (24 * 60 * 60);

The reward is then calculated based on the totally aggregated coin age since the last transaction:
(code simplified, see main.cpp)
nCoinAge = SUM( nValueIn * (nTime - txPrev.nTime) ) / COIN / (24 * 60 * 60);
int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * 33 / ( 365 * 33 + 8 ) * CENT;
colinistheman (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:19:18 PM

Thank you for that post masterOfDisaster.

I am really quite interested in this system (PoS) now. It is quite ingenius in some regards, I'll admit that! I will keep reading on about it

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
branefreez

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:33:17 PM

that's not proof of stake. the example you provided merely shows a proof of stake coin with inflation. proof of stake can be implemented without inflation.

Can you name one coin that implements proof-of-stake without any form of inflation?

I'd say a coin with both proof-of-stake and proof-of-work and without the inflation, would be a very great coin indeed! I am not aware of one that exists.
why don't you make one?
I'm in the process of making a new revolutionary CryptoCurrency that uses Darknets to its advantage along with having a smaller blockchain size and being fair towards all miners, whether they come early or not. It also has PoS w/o inflation, and won't deflate.
I will keep you tuned on its progress.
colinistheman (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:56:49 PM

that's not proof of stake. the example you provided merely shows a proof of stake coin with inflation. proof of stake can be implemented without inflation.

Can you name one coin that implements proof-of-stake without any form of inflation?

I'd say a coin with both proof-of-stake and proof-of-work and without the inflation, would be a very great coin indeed! I am not aware of one that exists.
why don't you make one?
I'm in the process of making a new revolutionary CryptoCurrency that uses Darknets to its advantage along with having a smaller blockchain size and being fair towards all miners, whether they come early or not. It also has PoS w/o inflation, and won't deflate.
That would be great. Try not to have too high of a total number of coins too. Then it will be the perfect coin. Fewer coins = higher value. 21 mil is good

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:11:57 AM

This sounds interesting. But just out of curiosity:

How will you handle the distibution of the CrytcoCurreny?
How will you prevent inflation - just by not paying any rewards?
How will you incentivize miners to work on the blockchain - without paying some kind of reward (do you consider paying out the transaction fee)?

I'm really interested in the concept. I just need some help to understand how this shall work.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: