Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:13:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory databases folder location  (Read 3517 times)
Iroru (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

Hello to everyone!
I am new to the world of cryptocurrency and thrilled to be here.
Sorry if this is not in the right place, but forum policy is for nwebies to post only in here.
So, the problem is that the Armory wallet software creates and stores the database files at the following path:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases and that is a problem because I don't have enough space for the databases to be created there. Therefore, the software wont run and it is practically useless. I want to use one of the other drives on my system. Tried the mklink method but didn't work-I get an error message and it closes. Couldn't find any solution or a similar problem in here or anywhere else.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you!
SchplookenBit

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

I have this problem also, does anyone know how to change this to another location? I've done it for the blockchain but don't know how to do it for the databases.
TZPykJed

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:56:45 AM

I had the same problem. I have no space in C:\ hard drive. It was possible to solve it.

Armory uses the bitcoin database and also it creates its own database.

To specify the bitcoin database you have to specify it in the armory settings or use the command line option --satoshi-datadir=C:\bitcoin\datapath

To specify the armory home directory (where it will create its own database) you have to use the command line option --datadir=PATH

For example, I changed my armory direct link in Windows 7 menu: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory\ArmoryQt.exe" --datadir="E:\Bitcoin\Armory"

You can see help for command line in this link: https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/troubleshooting/   (Command line options)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: