Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:30:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook planning to launch its own cryptocurrency!?  (Read 251 times)
Wearegoodfrends

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

It's just ridiculous, Facebook greed has no boundaries. Like the story of ICO Telegram now many corporations inspire the conduct of its ICO.
tenebriscaelum

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:50:34 PM

If social media platform like Facebook will have a blockchain and own coin/token that would benefit and provide profits to its users via posting or advetising then many small time business and marketers will profit from it and it would give innovation to social media as we know it.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:52:24 PM

It's just ridiculous, Facebook greed has no boundaries. Like the story of ICO Telegram now many corporations inspire the conduct of its ICO.

I agree.

These odious behemoths, like FB and Google have effectively barred themselves from taking advantage of blockchain technology with their bans on crypto advertising.

There will be challenges under antitrust legislation if they decide to change their minds and have a dabble.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:57:31 PM

If it is true and it does happen I believe it will be to the good of the cryptospace as it will lead to a wider adoption of the technology. Just imagine all the Facebook users now using blockchain based cryptocurrency to perform transactions within facebook platform. It will be gain for crypto.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:01:58 PM

If this become reality, i think that i wanna be part of it's ICO because we all know how popular facebook is. Also i think this would help cryptocurrency become more popular. This will be a advantage. Hopefully this will become true.
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:02:16 PM

I think this is good news for the cryptocurrency market. This will make more people pay attention to cryptocurrency further.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:03:55 PM

I think this is very happy news, I think positive to hear this news, I consider this news as Facebook support on crypto, I wonder what cryptocurrency will be launched by facebook, if this news is true, I think many will support facebook.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:15:03 PM

Hello everyone!

This is the latest news update!

Facebook is reportedly planning to launch its own cryptocurrency, according to a report from Cheddar’s Alex Heath.
It’s not the first time the idea of a Facebook coin has been floated, but the plans take on some greater meaning in light of Facebook’s recently reshuffled executive structure and newly formed blockchain group.

Citing anonymous sources familiar with the matter, senior reporter Alex Heath said that the company whose $533 billion market cap is a $140 billion larger than the current cryptocurrency market cap — is holding serious, high-level discussions about directing the focus of its blockchain research team toward releasing its own cryptocurrency.

Cheddar’s report follows an announcement from Facebook’s head of Messenger David Marcus, who said on Tuesday that he plans to leave his current position in order to explore uses of the blockchain at Facebook. At the time, Marcus didn’t mention any possible applications for the blockchain.

Facebook’s work on blockchain technology and cryptocurrency will likely take years to materialize. People familiar with the matter said the social network doesn’t have plans to hold a so-called initial coin offering (ICO) by offering a limited number of virtual tokens for the public to buy at a set price.

Facebook will likely need to make acquisitions in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space to develop its own virtual currency, one of the people said. Blockchain technology could also be used to help Facebook verify the identity of accounts and encrypt data.

US media reports indicated that a disagreement with Facebook over the privacy of user data may have also been a factor in Koum’s decision to quit his position as a high-ranking executive and likely leave his seat on the board at the leading online social network.

For more information click here news link source. https://news.bitzamp.com/facebook-is-reportedly-planning-to-launch-its-own-cryptocurrency/

What is your ideas and opinions about this current news? Is this planning affects crypto currency or crypto world?
Or this event can helps people ?

Thank you!
Facebook's scandal was changing anything in the Facebook structure. This is still in a consideration and remembers if that was still an experiment. It looks like the blockchain can help facebook but it needs a lot of time to do.
I see that in some paragraphs if that was included in the future development to avoid facebook's scandal to happen again.
LuciferMorningstar

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:19:11 PM

Not going to buy Zuckerberg's coin because of the whole incident of 'user date' last month.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:44:30 AM

Great. More adoption for crypto. I wouldn't mind if FB launches its own currency, they have plenty of reasons to. I think it's inevitable that big existing companies will at some point start with implementing blockchain in their platforms. If IBM does it, or Amazon (at some point), why shouldn't FB do it?
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:50:32 AM

this will be a good sign for crypto community. the decission facebook to create their own crypto means they are already accept and support this industry. but this news is very contradictory to FUD that spread several months ago about facebook want to ban crypto and ICO ads. maybe facebook is focusing to develop the blockchain technology, not create their own crypto coin.
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:50:39 AM

Facebook has the most number of users on all social media, maybe user in the entire internet. This will be huge and I see that this is will bring more investors in cryptocurrency.
WAKKOCAI

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:24:04 AM

But this seems to me a sheer fake, because until recently Facebook threatened to ban advertising in general, but many bounties continue to campaign in this social network ..

waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:23:33 PM

If the news that Facebook will create its cryptocurrency will be confirmed by company sources, I think it will be good news for the entire cryptocurrency sector. But I'm very skeptical also because Facebook was one of the social networks that recently banned the advertising of ICO, I still hope that he has changed his mind…
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

facebookcoin will definitely be a visionary coin in blockchain and cryptocurrencies arena with strong message to outer world how the cryptocurrencies will change the world all together
marcripto

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:53:38 PM

I hope that the news that facebook wants to create its own cryptocurrency is true, even if the latest decisions of this social network do not go in this direction. I do not think it was a positive attitude to prohibit ICO advertising recently, but everyone can change their mind, so I'm waiting for official announcements
dfreitag

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:34:46 PM

Blocking crypto ads and launching own crypto? Sounds like willing to be the monopolist   Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: