Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:08:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SXC Sexcoin price manipulation  (Read 2461 times)
holzer (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:36:53 PM

Just want to warn people about getting burned with this scam coin. Ive been watching SXC coin closely from the beginning. During the big pump when the price skyrocketed on cryptsy it was fairly obvious that the price was being manipulated with bots and fake buy/sell orders. Now that this coin has completely tanked and the people who pumped and dumped this coin were able to rebuy everything they sold on the cheap, are now restarting the pump. I can see the exact same tricks they used in the beginning being used again exactly the same way. This is a total scam coin. Lots of fake buy orders for tiny amounts to push down the low bids, all the sell orders constantly jump up a point in tandem the second someone buys at the previous high sell order.

If you look in the official sxc thread today lavajumper who affiliated with sexcoin and runs the biggest pool for them posts this...

"And the granddaddy, GodFather, MacPimpDaddy of them all (appears not in operation yet):

http://sexcoinbank.com

Does anyone know if this is legit or not!?! I'm investigating"

Interesting that a person who is majorly invested in sexcoin just happens to come across a domain that was only registered 7 days ago and probably only live a couple of days and only indexed in google maybe a day ago at the exact same time the price of sexcoin starts going back up to coincide with the pump. It doesnt even show up in Google unless you search for the domain name with the .com extention. Doesn't show up for sexcoin or even sexcoinbank. There is no way that lavajumper just happened to stumble across this domain. He acts like he did and is "investingating" which is total bullshit. Something stinks here.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 11:38:42 PM

Blablabla....
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:55:49 PM

wow price manipulation in a crypto on an exchange   Roll Eyes....well I never  Shocked....

thanks for the warning  Kiss
Baleinium

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:04:58 AM

Seriously? The price exploded due to SXC being listed on coinmarketcap.com granting larger market exposure. The price went up exponentially because of this and people noticed and bought in trying to ride the wave. After a few days people sold again and the price went down, but that ALWAYS happens when you have a huge increase in price during a short period. Most recently you can see what happened to DGC when it got listed on BTC38. The price shot up and quickly went down again due to people cashing out. It's the nature of cryptos right now and nothing that points to manipulation.
holzer (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:18:10 AM

I realize there are other factors and I'm not implying that manipulation is the only reason for the price. I'm just saying that when the price first skyrocketed, I noticed some strange things and It was definitely being helped along. Then today I see the price suddenly rebound and sure enough I see those same things, huge buy orders that never actually buy anything and are only there to feign demand, tons of tiny worthless buy orders at high rates to push the low buy orders down etc.. Then i go in the main thread and see lavajumpers post which seems suspicious to me and very convenient timing to be posted within an hour of the price starting to rebound after it has been tanking for the past 5 days. There was a a fairly large buy order sitting in the que for sometime the past few hours and 5 minutes after I post this it suddenly disappears....  shocking!
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:25:05 AM

There has been a lot of talk on the forums on implementing an easy way to convert SXC to $USD and other fiat currencies to help promote its intended use, and there is a website in development for this purpose.
st9999

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:27:32 AM

Never seen it before. Interesting. Is SexCoin mining profitable?
Baleinium

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:30:23 AM

I realize there are other factors and I'm not implying that manipulation is the only reason for the price. I'm just saying that when the price first skyrocketed, I noticed some strange things and It was definitely being helped along. Then today I see the price suddenly rebound and sure enough I see those same things, huge buy orders that never actually buy anything and are only there to feign demand, tons of tiny worthless buy orders at high rates to push the low buy orders down etc.. Then i go in the main thread and see lavajumpers post which seems suspicious to me and very convenient timing to be posted within an hour of the price starting to rebound after it has been tanking for the past 5 days. There was a a fairly large buy order sitting in the que for sometime the past few hours and 5 minutes after I post this it suddenly disappears....  shocking!
First of, you're talking about Cryptsy which is the most broken tradingsite on the net right now. Orders appear and disappear constantly over there. Secondly, what exactly do you mean by large orders? I mean the volume is 2000 LTC...
holzer (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:42:44 AM

And now the mass of super tiny buy bids that were used to look like there was demand and push down all the low orders have ALL suddenly disappeared as well, all at the same time. Before I posted this theer was probably over 30 bids above .0014 and now there are only 2...
nrhs05

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:46:14 AM

And now the mass of super tiny buy bids that were used to look like there was demand and push down all the low orders have ALL suddenly disappeared as well, all at the same time.
So if i go and put a bunch of small orders on BTC, will that make it a scamcoin?

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
holzer (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:50:34 AM

And now the mass of super tiny buy bids that were used to look like there was demand and push down all the low orders have ALL suddenly disappeared as well, all at the same time.
So if i go and put a bunch of small orders on BTC, will that make it a scamcoin?

No, it wouldn't. But when you have all kinds of different red flags happening all at the same time, all towards the same goal and then they suddenly disappear when someone points it out sure raises some eyebrows.
Kryptox

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:35:49 AM

I sold some Sexcoin and moved price down by 0.001.  It continued to drop somi though I'd now buy some.  My buy now moved the market up by 0.001.  I manipulated the market.  So now it's a scam?

If you see the same market movements now as you saw before and you feel the price will go up, why don't you buy some?
KingGoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:37:01 AM

wow price manipulation in a crypto on an exchange   Roll Eyes....well I never  Shocked....

thanks for the warning  Kiss

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:34:22 PM

Just want to warn people about getting burned with this scam coin. Ive been watching SXC coin closely from the beginning. During the big pump when the price skyrocketed on cryptsy it was fairly obvious that the price was being manipulated with bots and fake buy/sell orders. Now that this coin has completely tanked and the people who pumped and dumped this coin were able to rebuy everything they sold on the cheap, are now restarting the pump. I can see the exact same tricks they used in the beginning being used again exactly the same way. This is a total scam coin. Lots of fake buy orders for tiny amounts to push down the low bids, all the sell orders constantly jump up a point in tandem the second someone buys at the previous high sell order.

If you look in the official sxc thread today lavajumper who affiliated with sexcoin and runs the biggest pool for them posts this...

"And the granddaddy, GodFather, MacPimpDaddy of them all (appears not in operation yet):

Interesting that a person who is majorly invested in sexcoin just happens to come across a domain that was only registered 7 days ago and probably only live a couple of days and only indexed in google maybe a day ago at the exact same time the price of sexcoin starts going back up to coincide with the pump. It doesnt even show up in Google unless you search for the domain name with the .com extention. Doesn't show up for sexcoin or even sexcoinbank. There is no way that lavajumper just happened to stumble across this domain. He acts like he did and is "investingating" which is total bullshit. Something stinks here.

Let me guess... You're holding a big, big bag of sexcoin! Well good for you. I think it will go places.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:54:04 AM

Lets see.. You've only been registered since December the 2nd..

How do we know that you aren't a scam account, here to deliver FUD as part of a pump and dump on SXC ?

And really, price manipulation happened long before SXC was even released.. There are online groups who specialize in pumps and dumps, Alt Club being a good example.

If you stopped for even a moment and checked domain registrations you'd see lavajumper has nothing to do with the site. If then you checked out recent domain registrations you'd see about 10 new registrations all starting with sexcoin... Not unusual that after a bit of exposure people would decide to develop a site, or squat on a domain.

If we were developing such a site we would announce it, obviously.. but we aren't. Basically you are making wild accusations in some vague conspiracy theory which makes about as much sense as saying bitcoin developers are responsible for coinbase's development and operation. SXC developers have no stake in this website, or responsibility for it.

I really don't mind you embarrassing yourself, It will help point out your lack of credibility if you continue to spread misinformation, especially if you are doing so to try to manipulate the market..

Now why don't you hop on to another just created newbie account and pretend that someone, somewhere supports your idiocy. The normal reader will no doubt be naïve enough to trust the rantings of just joined newbies rather than the voices of well established personalities who give a well thought out, measured opinion that actually follows some logic, be it for or against SXC.... but then again they have been around and are actually knowledgeable about the subject

LittleDigger

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:15:02 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 05:29:41 AM by LittleDigger

I can see you are online.. Cat got your tongue ?

EDIT Or are you too busy accepting bribes in lotto coin to push it on to cryptsy with false support? Bitjohn said in chat "SXC will never be listed on Cryptsy" in chat, but we built the infrastructure, developed the coin and recruited merchants until they changed their minds because they had to take it seriously.. without one bribe, unlike the pump and dumps you knowingly support in exchange for quick profit... HYPOCRITE !!!

Thanks Merry Christmas!

Lz6LSztLshowd7Xs3K7wNCNyHVHF9iS5FD

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/45274/page/7

The crap coins you dump onto crypsty will always be crap coins, supported by underhanded tactics such as bribery and defamation.

SXC will prove itself through honest development and utility, and all the half baked lies you spread won't make a difference over the long term..

binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:32:57 AM

I agree with you.  I watched the Sexcoin bubble as well.  There are some major hands at work in that using bots and tricks for price manipulation.  Once the bubble burst, the guys used tricks and walls to make sure the price never gained ground again, and pushed it right down to the floor to rebuy.

However price manipulation will happen any time the overall market cap in a coin is low enough.  This cryptocurrency world is filled with people trying to make a quick buck, and people with lots of coins will do that every time.  Wouldn't you if you could?

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:47:44 AM

Are you familiar with the Stock Market?
Do you know what Quants are?

You live in a world that is all built on "manipulation".
You do it every day yourself. Look in the mirror.

Sexcoin is one of the few coins that actually makes sense.

LittleDigger

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:53:21 AM

I agree with you.  I watched the Sexcoin bubble as well.  There are some major hands at work in that using bots and tricks for price manipulation.  Once the bubble burst, the guys used tricks and walls to make sure the price never gained ground again, and pushed it right down to the floor to rebuy.

However price manipulation will happen any time the overall market cap in a coin is low enough.  This cryptocurrency world is filled with people trying to make a quick buck, and people with lots of coins will do that every time.  Wouldn't you if you could?

And why would the developers kill the price ? why would the developers want volatility turning merchants off.. I haven't disagreed with the fact manipulation is taking place, just unfounded accusations as to who is responsible for it..

binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:22:43 AM

Hello sir

I never said the devs killed the price.. I was just referring to some major hands at work manipulating the prices.

I wanted to love this coin and list it on dedicatedpool.com, but I stopped short of it because I felt it was being manipulated way too much to do any good.

I'll keep watching it.

Ryan, Dedicated Pool Support
admin@dedicatedpool.com

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: