Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OT stuff from the CoinJoin thread  (Read 414 times)
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 06:02:30 PM

Coinjoin will be worthless in court.  Your case is not going to prosecution when the sole evidence is a bitcoin transaction.  Instead, that transaction is going to be used as the basis for collecting gobs and gobs of further evidence.  At that point, the coinjoin isn't going to help you in court, it is going to hurt you, since it will be evidence that you knew what you were doing was wrong and tried to bury the evidence.
What???

Aaaa, sorry - I forgot that you guys are form US.
In your courts words like "wrong" or "evil" are the daily bread Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:20:31 PM

Coinjoin will be worthless in court.  Your case is not going to prosecution when the sole evidence is a bitcoin transaction.  Instead, that transaction is going to be used as the basis for collecting gobs and gobs of further evidence.  At that point, the coinjoin isn't going to help you in court, it is going to hurt you, since it will be evidence that you knew what you were doing was wrong and tried to bury the evidence.
What???

Aaaa, sorry - I forgot that you guys are form US.
In your courts words like "wrong" or "evil" are the daily bread Smiley

You've spent a lot of time in our court system, have you?

I was speaking informally, but the point remains.  Covering up the evidence of a crime never looks good.

You rarely hear "wrong" used in the moral sense here, and about the only time you'll ever hear "evil" is during closing arguments and victim impact statements prior to sentencing.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 06:25:02 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 06:44:55 PM by piotr_n

You've spent a lot of time in our court system, have you?

I was speaking informally, but the point remains.  Covering up the evidence of a crime never looks good.

You rarely hear "wrong" used in the moral sense here, and about the only time you'll ever hear "evil" is during closing arguments and victim impact statements prior to sentencing.
What crime? Since when using CoinJoin has been a crime?

No, I haven't spent a lot of time in your court system, but I have watched a lot of your TV and Hollywood movies - that should be enough, shouldn't it? Smiley
Your president's second name seems to be "evil" and you are all shitting your pants just thinking about a remote possibility of pissing off the nigga.
You do have a decent constitution, but since it is so old that it is literally the fist constitution in the world, your government nor courts don't seems to be giving a shit about it anymore.

But you know, where I live people are innocent until proven otherwise and nothing looks bad in court, until the prosecutor can prove beyond any dispute that it is illegal.
Though unlike the great US we are not here an exceptional and self proclaimed worldwide source of the freedom and democracy, so what do I know after all, right? Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 08:58:30 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 09:08:33 PM by Rassah

But you know, where I live people are innocent until proven otherwise and nothing looks bad in court, until the prosecutor can prove beyond any dispute that it is illegal.
Though unlike the great US we are not here an exceptional and self proclaimed worldwide source of the freedom and democracy, so what do I know after all, right? Smiley

Hey, stop attacking our country!  Angry Angry Angry

even if everything you're saying is true...

It's off topic  Cheesy
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:42:57 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 10:56:50 PM by piotr_n

Hey, stop attacking our country!  Angry Angry Angry
Why won't your country stop attacking other countries first?
And I mean like with bombs - not just words like me.

But you're right - we should get back on topic.

If using CoinJoin in your court will only work against you, than it is even more useless than I had tought. Dangerous actually. I heard that US has the biggest prisoners population in the world. If I had owned bitcoins while living in there I would probably be very scared. Using coinjoin in such an environment - that sounds just like insanity :-)

Anyway, keep in mind that when you have enough bitcoins you can go living anywhere in the world. You don't need to live in a nazi shithole anymore :-)
Especially since you apparently don't even have the balls to fix it.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 10:58:37 PM

Anyway, keep in mind that when you have enough bitcoins you can go living anywhere in the world. You don't need to live in a nazi shithole anymore :-)

We're all sticking around for the health insurance.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 11:09:44 PM

Then you all must be really sick.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: