Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:31:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Bieber & Bitcoin  (Read 11132 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 06:04:05 PM

Charlie Sheen?

Hah! I would love to see that! Somehow I don't think he'll be interested Grin

Well, we can convince him to use Bitcoin in the way Satoshi described, to receive paid fan mail.
I'm sure Charlie would find something on Silk Road to spend the Bitcoin  Tongue

Charlie Sheen: The Only Customer Silk Road ever Declined to Sell To  (they didn't want their products abused)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 09:20:33 AM

It makes me feel good to be at the forefront the Bitcoin community.

Unless the conspiracy theorist want me to believe this was done with photoshop.
Gladiator

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 10:02:32 AM

Using Bieber is terrible idea. His audience is worst possible fit for bitcoin and it is too big. It may boost bitcoin user base, but too fast and will bring concentrated amount of targets for hackers and scammers.
More damage than good.
If you want celebrity endorsement you need to choose very carefully and start smaller.
I would propose Stephen Fry. He is a tech-savvy guy and has good enough following not to overwhelm. He is more of intellectual type of celebrity... And he supports open source.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 03:52:57 PM

Using Bieber is terrible idea. His audience is worst possible fit for bitcoin and it is too big. It may boost bitcoin user base, but too fast and will bring concentrated amount of targets for hackers and scammers.
More damage than good.
If you want celebrity endorsement you need to choose very carefully and start smaller.
I would propose Stephen Fry. He is a tech-savvy guy and has good enough following not to overwhelm. He is more of intellectual type of celebrity... And he supports open source.

I used JB as an example and for shock purposes. This post is not meant as trying to endorse a celebrity--JB or otherwise. For it to work correctly, as I've outlined, it would have to happen organically and with stealth. If possibly done in that fashion, the growth rate should not be that overwhelming. You're suggestion of Stephen Fry, Gladiator, is a fine example.
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 05:51:17 PM

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 06:24:13 PM

Nice job! Real nice! But I was not thinking of Bieber's Bitcoin B Being so small. Remember that since he's a letter man--The B, don't you think the symbol B should be on the back of his jacket in the largest font as possible.

Or, because Bitcoin is so cool:

What if The Fonz got on board?
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 09:31:02 PM

Bitrated user: Mick.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 12:28:09 AM

ROFLMAO...This is...still ROFLMAO...so frickin'...and still ROFLMAO...funny!!!!!

I can't leave this board for a few hours to check on the progress of the barns I'm having deconstructed, then to come back here and see this. What love! And to think I just sent Mjbmonetarymetals a "Your Welcome" note via PM. I truly enjoyed it. Thanks, again.

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:56:30 PM

I was thinking of asking the queen to get a bitcoin tattoo (not in person - I'd have to send lots of letter until the police came and politely asked me to stop) - there is no grander sight in life than seeing a woman in her 80s donning a tattoo.
BitcoinHats

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 05:06:41 PM

Everyone chill, I got this.   Cool

I'm working on some bitcoin hat designs for my upcoming bitcoin hats store, including some cool ones the youngsters might like.  I'll send one to Bieber but won't mention anything about bitcoin, I'll just say I'm a huge fan and made this hat for him.  Grin Maybe he'll wear it and be seen wearing it.  Feel free to suggest a design, I'll send you a free one if I have it made.

http://bitcoinhats.com/test5.png

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 07:07:29 PM

Everyone chill, I got this.   Cool

I'm working on some bitcoin hat designs for my upcoming bitcoin hats store, including some cool ones the youngsters might like.  I'll send one to Bieber but won't mention anything about bitcoin, I'll just say I'm a huge fan and made this hat for him.  Grin Maybe he'll wear it and be seen wearing it.  Feel free to suggest a design, I'll send you a free one if I have it made.

Great idea! Sending The B a Bitcoin hat and stating you're his biggest fan without mentioning Bitcoin what-so-ever. Do It!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 07:11:13 PM

I was thinking of asking the queen to get a bitcoin tattoo (not in person - I'd have to send lots of letter until the police came and politely asked me to stop) - there is no grander sight in life than seeing a woman in her 80s donning a tattoo.

You are so correct. And she is why I purchase Jergens at Sam's Club.

dancupid

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:34:30 PM

Who do you think you are kidding? - she's mid 70s at most. I spend a lot of time on the internet looking at pictures of older ladies so I consider myself very much an expert in these matters. Let me know if you have anything older - I can pay in bitcoins.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 03:17:17 PM

Who do you think you are kidding? - she's mid 70s at most. I spend a lot of time on the internet looking at pictures of older ladies so I consider myself very much an expert in these matters. Let me know if you have anything older - I can pay in bitcoins.

Just goes to prove one could be an expert in anything. I also knew darn well she wasn't 80ish. That's not the reason I opted to show this image. I wan going to title it Hunt the Bitcoin. Did you find it? Hint: On here right... I dare anyone here to tell me it ain't so. I'm here to tell you that years decades ago, she got the first Bitcoin tattoo before Bitcoin was cool.

BTW, I'm an expert on German speaking young blond ducks. Maybe we could meet up sometime and discuss our fetishes. Bring a shoe if you come.

dancupid

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:29:23 PM

Just goes to prove one could be an expert in anything. I also knew darn well she wasn't 80ish. That's not the reason I opted to show this image. I wan going to title it Hunt the Bitcoin. Did you find it? Hint: On here right... I dare anyone here to tell me it ain't so. I'm here to tell you that years decades ago, she got the first Bitcoin tattoo before Bitcoin was cool.

BTW, I'm an expert on German speaking young blond ducks. Maybe we could meet up sometime and discuss our fetishes. Bring a shoe if you come.

I was too overwhelmed with lust to waste my time looking for some time travelers tattoo - I'm a red blooded heterosexual, so forgive me.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 03:57:46 PM

Here's an image of a 103 year old women getting a tattoo after reading this thread.

silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 02:37:22 AM

Who is Justin Beiber? Does he mine?  Smiley

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2011, 02:47:45 AM

Who is Justin Beiber? Does he mine?  Smiley

He was just an average kid until he attached himself to Bitcoin: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Justin+Bieber%22+bitcoin&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:25:26 AM

This thread sure does bring back memories.

In the news today: Justin Bieber Greeting Cards Now Available

Justin Bieber fans have been rewarded once again. True "Beliebers" can now pick up Justin Bieber greeting cards from Hallmark at Walmart stores nationwide.

The cards will also be available starting in May at Hallmark Gold Crown stores and other stores where Hallmark products are sold. The cards range in price from $2.57-$9.99, and range in size from 19-by-13-inch "Big Time" cards down to "Itty Bitty Greetings," which are perfect for slipping into lunchboxes, according to a news release.

Now, imagine if those same cards had bitcents in them, like gifts from "The Bieb".

~Bruno~
blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 08:58:37 AM

It's a great idea but you forgot to consider competing sponsors/interests. There's the possibility that the Biebs is already sponsored by the government (via whatever proxy/ies) to keep society entertained.

These guys sound much more likely to be interested in a bitcoin payment system: http://streetlightmanifesto.com/streetlight-manifesto-proudly-boycotts-itself/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: