Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:54:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: selling casascius on ebay: how to  (Read 731 times)
geoffreyqp (OP)

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:57:43 AM

how do i sell casascius coins on ebay, without risking a chargeback?

even if i ship the coin with tracking and signature confirmation, i'm afraid they will say "item is not as described" and then what do i do?

i think not accepting paypal would be the way around this?, but then what payment options are there where i am protected, and it's easy enough for the buyer that i'll still get plenty of bids?

any advice appreciated.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:21:51 AM

how do i sell casascius coins on ebay, without risking a chargeback?

even if i ship the coin with tracking and signature confirmation, i'm afraid they will say "item is not as described" and then what do i do?

i think not accepting paypal would be the way around this?, but then what payment options are there where i am protected, and it's easy enough for the buyer that i'll still get plenty of bids?

any advice appreciated.

Almost, not accepting Paypal or any other payment methods that one can chargeback with is the answer. Sadly, you can't not take paypal for a listing on Ebay.
gary492

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 02:27:17 AM

Just make it a buy now listing but in the description put message me for paypal address to pay and make them pay as a donation

I will buy your old broken or used iphone or Samsung Galaxy for Bitcoins or Litecoins
Send me a PM
Check out www.mojavecryptoshop.com for iPhone repair and Replica beats for Dogecoins and Bitcoins
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:34:26 PM

Just make it a buy now listing but in the description put message me for paypal address to pay and make them pay as a donation
Would this work? I've been wondering about these eBay auctions and who wins the disputes; obviously there are a lot of shady people around.
gamybtc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:39:38 PM

Would this work? I've been wondering about these eBay auctions and who wins the disputes; obviously there are a lot of shady people around.

This doesn't work either. Most of the people are afraid to pay outside of the payment system. so it will be easy for the other seller to scam easily, because what ebay can do, if they pay outside?

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
geerdt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:22:23 AM

Who wins the disputes is the buyer, especially if the discussion is about a cascasius coin that is opened/closed or bitcoins that are sent/not sent.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 12:55:08 PM

Sell it here

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: