Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking about listing an investment property (residential) for sale for BTC  (Read 901 times)
bitcoinmiami (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:38:02 AM

I OWN a property in Fort Lauderdale FL. It is a +/- 900 Sq. Ft. condo within a gated community five minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach. I am interested in making a listing (perhaps an auction?) for BTC. I reach out to you guys in the BTC community to tell me where I should list it (perhaps this forum?) and what details should I include in order to make this a successful transaction. Any input is appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:42:08 AM

I OWN a property in Fort Lauderdale FL. It is a +/- 900 Sq. Ft. condo within a gated community five minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach. I am interested in making a listing (perhaps an auction?) for BTC. I reach out to you guys in the BTC community to tell me where I should list it (perhaps this forum?) and what details should I include in order to make this a successful transaction. Any input is appreciated.

For starters,

Pics and price.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:57:50 AM

Yes, of course pics and price. What I am seeking are means of proving ligitamacy and confidence to potential purchasers. I want to show transparency on my end. Unfortunately the community is infested with fraud.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:22:03 AM

Yes, of course pics and price. What I am seeking are means of proving ligitamacy and confidence to potential purchasers. I want to show transparency on my end. Unfortunately the community is infested with fraud.

Wow - "infested with fraud" - and yet you still want to sell deal in bitcoins?
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:59:06 PM

Yes. Why not? Just like any other transaction conducted thousands of times a day with BTC (or with any other medium), people take reasonable steps to protect themselves. Additionally, if one has a vision of bitcoins being a dominant medium of transportation of wealth, advocates like us must contribute to the community by encouraging transactions involving tangible property, or even better, real property.

Ill be putting a listing up this weekend I suppose. If anyone else would like to shine in with their two cents, please do so.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:05:59 AM

Yes. Why not? Just like any other transaction conducted thousands of times a day with BTC (or with any other medium), people take reasonable steps to protect themselves. Additionally, if one has a vision of bitcoins being a dominant medium of transportation of wealth, advocates like us must contribute to the community by encouraging transactions involving tangible property, or even better, real property.

Ill be putting a listing up this weekend I suppose. If anyone else would like to shine in with their two cents, please do so.

Cool. Go ahead. Very hard to price in bitcoins at the moment, changing by the minute .......
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:57:59 AM

Yea, I might have to wait till prices stablize for a few days, or list it at a set dollar figure to be paid in btc.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:03:47 AM

Yea, I might have to wait till prices stablize for a few days, or list it at a set dollar figure to be paid in btc.

I wouldn't wait for price stabilization. You'll be lucky if it does indeed last a few days. But property sales take a while. There is no way the price is going to be anywhere near stable for the sale to go through, because one of the parties will see a big loss happening before their eyes.

Better to set a dollar figure and just ask for payment in btc.
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:51:45 PM

I wouldn't wait for price stabilization. You'll be lucky if it does indeed last a few days. But property sales take a while. There is no way the price is going to be anywhere near stable for the sale to go through, because one of the parties will see a big loss happening before their eyes.

Better to set a dollar figure and just ask for payment in btc.

I agree.
Paul Troon

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:58:35 PM

If I were you, I'd start investigating escrow companies and find one willing to handle a Bitcoin transaction.  There is little risk of fraud if the escrow company (properly) handles the deal.  Perhaps investigate using a 2 of 3 transaction, but honestly a paper wallet might be easier unless the Escrow company is very savvy.

Bitrated user: paultroon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: