Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else bought high? Worried? Still holding strong? (I bought in at $1080)  (Read 3861 times)
poewerden

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:12:47 AM

You didn't choose a great entry point, but just don't try to fix it by selling at a lousy exit point, too!

In market you can never be sure if the entry point is wrong. Look at this April and entry point of 40 when under 20 was long time price
bitbridgett

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:45:31 AM

wow today was a huge drop in value... low of 423 Shocked

iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:14:23 AM

People which bought at 260 last time at the second bubble high are in profit even today after 3 bubble burst. There is no point for you to sell now. Just wait and you will be fine. If we fall to $260 and you have some spare money to spend buy some more
manofcolombia

Activity: 84

SizzleBits

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 11:55:09 AM

yea guys btc and ltc are too big to just go away forever. they will last

JulieFig (OP)

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:04:19 PM

These responses all warm the heart. It's almost as if you sensible guys see every bump in the Bitcoin road as just an opportunity to weed out those who really don't believe (for lack of a better word - perhaps 'understand' would be better) in its long term viability. I think it's been referred to as swapping from weaker hands to stronger hands.

Averaging my cost per coin does seem like the smartest strategy. I'm in Australia though and have a good 11 hrs before the banks open... whether we'll still be at the bottom then is another story. This ride is absolutely crazy, that's for damn sure.

1ACcUJkhaCjb9LuzdHkuTj3rEwhx5PZ3mk
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:32:14 PM

It will go down to $160 wait until then
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:34:32 PM

When the bubble @ 32 happened, tons of people bought in and watched it go all the way down to $32. It seemed an impossible task to get back up to that level, but low and behold, only 2 years later, people would kill to have bought even at that price.

To have any peace of mind, you need to view bitcoins as a long term investment.
Sephera

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 12:46:17 PM

These responses all warm the heart. It's almost as if you sensible guys see every bump in the Bitcoin road as just an opportunity to weed out those who really don't believe (for lack of a better word - perhaps 'understand' would be better) in its long term viability. I think it's been referred to as swapping from weaker hands to stronger hands.

Averaging my cost per coin does seem like the smartest strategy. I'm in Australia though and have a good 11 hrs before the banks open... whether we'll still be at the bottom then is another story. This ride is absolutely crazy, that's for damn sure.

I am also in Australia, what is your strategy? I recommend you buy some more at these rock bottom prices.
MR2

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:52:37 PM

I truly believe that cryptocurrencies are the way of the future, and that in all likelihood, Bitcoin will be the one to rule all

Why do you think this? Assume, that Cryptos will be a future currency .. it will not be BTC, just because we have no "global order" and US will not accept to have no full control over their currency. Easy like that. So IF cryptos were used, each continent at least will have its own one. But actually .. looking at the current warfare against money laundry .. no .. don't believe, that big entitites will accept a cryptocoin.

If that happens, BTC value suddenly drops to zero.

But I am sure, at the moment someone can still made good money with BTC Bubble, just because so many people are believing in it. Believe is the only value, BTC has at the moment.
gooryheta

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:19:36 PM

I truly believe that cryptocurrencies are the way of the future, and that in all likelihood, Bitcoin will be the one to rule all

Why do you think this? Assume, that Cryptos will be a future currency .. it will not be BTC, just because we have no "global order" and US will not accept to have no full control over their currency. Easy like that. So IF cryptos were used, each continent at least will have its own one. But actually .. looking at the current warfare against money laundry .. no .. don't believe, that big entitites will accept a cryptocoin.

There is no point of having centralized cryptocoin, banks already doing this job with online banking. And no government will be able to control decentralized currency, so there is no point creating something different than Bitcoin

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
UncleMonty

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:59:17 PM

I sympathize with the OP, I just had a massive learning experience myself. I bought in at about $415 for Bitcoin and Litecoin at $2.90 and held onto those as a "Long Term" investment. Then I started trading daily with "New Money". When it reached its peak at about $1220 and then started dropping I bought more as it was falling, thinking that it would recover again. Unfortunately it never did and I began to be in a loss situation with my New Money. So I kept on buying when the price dropped, thinking "This must be it" and it never was and was in a total loss with my New Money to the tune of $40k. (This included Bitcoin, Litecoin and Peercoin)

Last night I had to make a huge decision. Hold the faith that the coins will rise again or sell everything and still make an overall profit with my "Long Term" coins and then buy in again when it reaches near the bottom. So, I decided to sell and ended with a bit of an overall profit but totally gutted that I have sold my babies.

However, I do believe that it will eventually climb back up again, may just take some time. A few positives like new countries accepting it as currency will make it stronger and new large operations taking it on will strengthen it.
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:02:00 PM

Average down and try to bring your price as low as 600$ Smiley

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:18:06 PM

Its the old saying "buy low, sell high" or the warren buffet saying "be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful."

Best investing advice ever and it works most of the time.
nastybit

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:30:04 PM

I hope you spent money you don't need to live. bitcoin is highly rewarding as speculative and manipulation happens all the time. if you can, and you still believe it, buy some more near the bottom to average your unit cost.
we will be back at the top. don't worry :-)

china will probably create their own version, that's what they do when they cannot control people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Aurora
acidcrawler

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:30:27 PM

I bought .0.55 btc at the value of 1000 USD. Still holding on. Hopefully they will rise again  Grin
mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:40:48 PM

I hope you spent money you don't need to live. bitcoin is highly rewarding as speculative and manipulation happens all the time. if you can, and you still believe it, buy some more near the bottom to average your unit cost.

You cant say where is bottom, only after price rise enought you can say bottom was there
But every crash is good opportunity to buy
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:52:22 PM

What this is going to do is really whipsaw those people who paid good money for miners delivered "someday". If you bought in bitcoin then it doesn't matter what the USD price does, it's all bitcoin/bitcoin.

But I expect another wave of people trying to get refunds, the fun part will be if they paid in bitcoin and want their refunds in USD. :-)

C
scottjv

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:07:26 PM

Hold tight, all will be fine.  Roll Eyes

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:27:28 PM

just have a look~~
snickep

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:15:32 PM

Looks like it's rising fast now! Time to buy?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: