Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:01:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Drop Cause?  (Read 1752 times)
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:15:54 PM

You can just consider this as some sort of correction .. each correction is HEAVY because BTC has no actual value. The actual value of BTC is the value it has BEFORE the bubble. The real value of BTC is directly connect to usage of it - and that was more or less stable before the bubble - used in "dark places" as a good currency to exchange illegal goods. Doesn't sound good? Sorry, but that's what it is. And THOSE markets will find another currency which will work better than BTC does NOW - because BTC - with this volatility - is pretty useless for everyone and will keep everyone from using it in terms of payment or good exchange.

With more traders and trading volume, Bitcoin will be more stable against another currency.
MR2

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:18:57 PM

That's BS - because Traders are not responsible for the stability of a currency. Merchants and Customers are. At least when considering BTC as a currency.

How Many Milk Bottles is 1 BTC? And how many Milk Bottles will it be tomorrow .. you see, nobody will sell you milkbottles when he does not know how much the exchange is worth just 24 hours later. And that's the point of stability.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:23:55 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 07:43:32 PM by CoinCidental

everyone who panic sold recently or who panics at every bit of news that may or may not
be properly translated from china shouldnt be investing in btc anyway and if some lost money
its difficult to feel sorry  them since it was caused by their own greed
(ie: buying at 1200 - expecting to see 5000-10,000) and then panic  selling at  600 or 500 when it nosedived  )

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:27:37 PM

That's BS - because Traders are not responsible for the stability of a currency. Merchants and Customers are. At least when considering BTC as a currency.

How Many Milk Bottles is 1 BTC? And how many Milk Bottles will it be tomorrow .. you see, nobody will sell you milkbottles when he does not know how much the exchange is worth just 24 hours later. And that's the point of stability.

I believe you could buy 20 USB Block errupters for 1 BTC few months ago when 1 BTC = 150. Surprisingly (for you) you coud buy 20 USB Block errupters for 1 BTC few weeks later when 1 BTC = 600.

If you make the whole supply chain in one currency, it really doesnt matter how much it is trading against another currency.

Bitcoin is meant for future worldwide use as one currency
MR2

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:19:20 PM

I believe you could buy 20 USB Block errupters for 1 BTC few months ago when 1 BTC = 150. Surprisingly (for you) you coud buy 20 USB Block errupters for 1 BTC few weeks later when 1 BTC = 600.
If you make the whole supply chain in one currency, it really doesnt matter how much it is trading against another currency.

You didn't get the point. Mining Equipment is pretty linked to BTC, so that is a bad example of real world usage 'cause errupters value rises with demand rises with BTC value.

In the end someone had to buy those erupters from a factory, paying electricity in fiat, paying employes in fiat, paying resources in fiat - so there has to be a stable BTC/Fiat relation - which is not the case. So, for not-directly-BTC-related products BTC is completely useless because the lifecycle of a product (production/distribution/sale) is an unpredictable period of time for BTC value. So there is no chance for any product without massive(!) profit-span to get created/sold solely at BTC level. (except short lifetime products or just in time deliveries - which both is rare)

I know, that most of the current BTC-"Fans" are not aware of this, because they may have no idea how product cycle actually works and what makes a currency valuable at all. A highly volatile currency will drop in price because noone (no merchant/manufacturer) is willed to use it. Simple as that. Do not believe me? Well then visit the next factory and ask if they will produce something for you in exchange of iPads. iPads have a distinct value, but the manufacturer just dont care, because he cannot pay his employes in iPads nor can he pay his bills in iPads. Get the point?

And as long as this problem is not solved for BTC or any other Crypto, no crypto will ever be successful in big scale thinkings.
MR2

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:37:14 AM

yes it drops because of china  Roll Eyes not like I told you it is dropping because of christmas  Roll Eyes

ooops? look at it! it is at 1k again - wohhoo? why is it? did china explode?  .. or was it just christmas as I said .. omg .. btc market is so predictable. please stop technical analysis of BTC because BTC market simply does NOT react to that but instead react on dumb peoples panic selling/buying and/or very obvious facts.

And now you can call me guru. "Mr. Guru" if you want

Everyone who has understood the fact I tried to tell you will have made a 100% percent gain in under 2 weeks without any effort and nearly no risk at all while laughing at idiots in various trollboxes :-)

Excuse my sarcasm - but it is important to understand how BTC market does work and that has nothing to do with stock exchanges or forex or whatsoever. it is just plain and simple psychology - at least at the moment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: