Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 09:19:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poppppp!!! I'm calling it See you at 300  (Read 3116 times)
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:13:59 AM

what I find most amazing, is that some massive wallets with 10 000 + bitcoins did not sell a single bitcoin in the run up to $1200 - not even one.

Either these guys know something I don't, have COJONES the size of watermelons, or are just plain delusional. I do not know.

FTFY

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:15:28 AM

no, alot of these wallets understand where BTC will end up in several years, so these minor dips or runups in price don't interest them.

i am satoshi
raid_n

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:17:46 AM

no, alot of these wallets understand where BTC will end up in several years, so these minor dips or runups in price don't interest them.

+1

It is sufficient if bitcoin goes up, say 25% a year.
jasonjm

Activity: 1288
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:18:38 AM

what I find most amazing, is that some massive wallets with 10 000 + bitcoins did not sell a single bitcoin in the run up to $1200 - not even one.

Either these guys know something I don't, have COJONES the size of watermelons, or are just plain delusional. I do not know.

FTFY

I guess I will be sticking to English words.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:22:06 AM

oh man... How low could this go?

Think about all the money that was pumped in early on... There's a huge amount of coins now that people will be looking to pull out at any price.

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:23:19 AM

+1

yeah, well it still makes zero sense unless these people are all wealthy before bitcoins.

How can someone possibly have millions of dollars in bitcoin, and not sell one single coin - not even one. Something is not right, I am trying to work it out.

If these people believe that much in bitcoin, all of them, to the point that of their 10 000 or more bitcoins, they cannot even part with one, then they cannot be mentally sound - or they are so rich that they do not care.

OR

as previous poster stated, perhaps almost all of these are dead wallets. That would make sense to me at least.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:25:57 AM

+1

yeah, well it still makes zero sense unless these people are all wealthy before bitcoins.

How can someone possibly have millions of dollars in bitcoin, and not sell one single coin - not even one. Something is not right, I am trying to work it out.

If these people believe that much in bitcoin, all of them, to the point that of their 10 000 or more bitcoins, they cannot even part with one, then they cannot be mentally sound - or they are so rich that they do not care.

OR

as previous poster stated, perhaps almost all of these are dead wallets. That would make sense to me at least.

I would believe they're dead wallets. Why would you care about something that was worth nothing at the time. Who would've known? 10,000BTC for a pizza looks insane at todays prices, but was it really?

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 07:29:51 AM

+1

OR

I would believe they're dead wallets. Why would you care about something that was worth nothing at the time. Who would've known? 10,000BTC for a pizza looks insane at todays prices, but was it really?

this is pretty important stuff though, if all these accounts are truly dead, then the threat of a complete bitcoin wipeout  (down to $10 or less) is far less than I initially calculated, as these coins can't come back into the market as sell orders en masse.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
raid_n

Activity: 269

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:32:29 AM

The next few days will be exciting. We're down over 50% of ATH
Now the true valuation of BTC is going on
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:08:44 AM

+1

OR

1. they might have large cold storage and smaller wallet for spending; most do
2. they might have enough cash on hand to not care about selling undervalued asset
3. cold wallets are just that - cold, being on paper somewhere in a deposit box to make selling on emotions hard

i am satoshi
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:18:17 AM

+1

OR

this is pretty important stuff though, if all these accounts are truly dead, then the threat of a complete bitcoin wipeout  (down to $10 or less) is far less than I initially calculated, as these coins can't come back into the market as sell orders en masse.

Remember - all that matters in Bitcoin pricing is the going rate for only the coins on the exchanges.  The only impact one of those big cold wallets can have on price is downward if it is liquidated.  Those wallets not being touched is already priced into the exchange rate.
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:20:54 AM

Remember - all that matters in Bitcoin pricing is the going rate for only the coins on the exchanges.  The only impact one of those big cold wallets can have on price is downward if it is liquidated.  Those wallets not being touched is already priced into the exchange rate.

well said
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:29:40 AM

shit.

i feared 300.

i hope i need not to hope for 300.
massivebitman (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 08:40:57 AM

wow we're dropping fast!!

ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 08:52:07 AM

The dead wallets contains near 2,5M of bitcoins (actually we can estimate a 22% of all the bitcoins with the great majority are from addresses with 25-50BTC) : there is a post on the italian section of the forum in which all the movements of all the wallets since 2009, we have considered that the wallets with no input or out for more than 2 years are to be considered  dead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353156.120

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:55:18 AM

the wallets with no input or out for more than 2 years are to be considered  dead

but this is wrong on many levels, I have some wallets like that, they are not dead.

i am satoshi
ercolinux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 09:04:21 AM

the wallets with no input or out for more than 2 years are to be considered  dead

but this is wrong on many levels, I have some wallets like that, they are not dead.

Yes, actually I've 4 too that are more than 2 year that are stuck (but alive  Grin). But the only way to estimate if a wallet is alive or not is to check is movements. I can imagine that at least 10% of the dead wallets are only sleeping, but I feel that are not much more than that.  Anyway if you've an idea on how try to determine if a wallet is dead or not you're welcome.

The number is much more usefull read on the other side: for sure 78% of bitcoins are alive.

Bitrated user: ercolinux.
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:10:02 AM

I don't mind all the panic selling. More cheap coins for me Smiley
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:13:47 AM

The dead wallets contains near 2,5M of bitcoins (actually we can estimate a 22% of all the bitcoins with the great majority are from addresses with 25-50BTC) : there is a post on the italian section of the forum in which all the movements of all the wallets since 2009, we have considered that the wallets with no input or out for more than 2 years are to be considered  dead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353156.120

The dead wallet are too often underestimated. I also have an old dead wallet. There was a time 10000 BTC could only afford a pizza, why would you care about few thousand BTC ?
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:14:10 AM

I don't mind all the panic selling. More cheap coins for me Smiley

and for me !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: