Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudhasing.com Vs. CEX.IO? which to choose?  (Read 969 times)
miningair (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:38:00 AM

both offer a great service in the sense that you don't have to worry about hardware and electricity costs.

I know that CEX.Io offers commodity trading, while Cloudhashing.com doesn;t.

Cex.io has ghs for sale, and doesn't have a predetermined end date. Either you hold on to them, sell them, or the company goes under. Cloudhasing.com has 1 year contracts.

Between the two, which is more likely to earn a profit?
player01

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:27:27 AM

I use Cex.io

The fact that you could have a difficulty downswing to make your GH profitable in the far future gives you an edge that cloudhashing can't match, plus the fact that you know that the market is going to drop as the difficulty rises, gives you all the information you need to trade....

I buy in, wait a bit, watch as it starts to sink below my buy-in point, set a sell just over that initial buy-in and WHAM, I make profit. not just on mining, but a small amount on the GH itself. then I pick a downside target by scrolling through the buy orders and take a break, it buys in, and I come back and the show repeats.

It's very easy, just gotta be aware of where the stops are and be ready for them when the time comes. The bots are pretty easy to defeat and mess with. Gives you everything you could want, trading without fees, BTC while you are waiting for a small spike to cash out, a chat-box that isn't run by russian gangsters who bad anyone for anything. And cool people who don't mind helping noobies understand how to deal in a bear market.

Oh and cloudhashing spensives. You don't have to risk a paycheck to get into CEX.IO
player01

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:43:16 PM

Thank you for whoever signed up with my link. I am getting an extra 1GH bonus on your investment.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:21:58 PM

@Miningair It's a very difficult choice because both are interesting when you don't have hardware mining.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 02:03:06 PM

Neither don't do it

cobza

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:34:43 PM

I vote for cex 4 diffrent coins (BTC, NMC, DVC, IXC ) in one minnig pool and they ad LTC - not yet for mine trade one for now
player01

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:25:25 AM

Of course you can mine while you trade, at least while you are waiting for a pop-up in price.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:24:42 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 03:36:38 AM by odolvlobo

cex.io is definitely cheaper, but if you do the math, you will find that both are money losers at their current prices. If you don't care about that then I think cex.io definitely wins because of its convenience and flexibility.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
prolom

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:32:42 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 03:47:44 AM by prolom

I buy in, wait a bit, watch as it starts to sink below my buy-in point, set a sell just over that initial buy-in and WHAM, I make profit. not just on mining, but a small amount on the GH itself. then I pick a downside target by scrolling through the buy orders and take a break, it buys in, and I come back and the show repeats.

Hi player01. So essentially most of the time you are not mining at all, right? Because the spikes are short and the decline is continuous?

Oh, and BTW, you've mentioned it before and now I noticed in your sig - why do you think the difficulty is going for a tipping point?

prolom.
player01

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:35:51 PM

Right now, there is a steady rise, good buy support and people are beginning to believe it might be a long steady rise. Now is the time to jump in and make an account, get your BTC ready and buy on the impending big downward spike.

On the difficulty readjustment, simply look here:
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

The top was reached in LTC after a nice steady rise in price. people mined it, then went elsewhere once the difficulty became too much. As competitors to BTC arise that cannot be simultaneously mined, those with large rigs will switch over, and difficulty will begin a downtrend. As that happens, the GHs price will increase because the difficulty will decrease. See eMunie.com for one possible BTC competitor for GHs... Others will come to compete, and that will be demanded by those who have made a large investment into equipment, as so many have over the last few months.

If no competitor arises that cannot be simultaneously mined, everyone who bought a mining rig will try to sell it off ASAP or eventually will turn it off as the power consumption costs more than the BTC being mined.

It is therefore inevitable that those with mining rigs that are becoming non-cost efficient will throw their support behind a mineable product that competes with BTC, once they realize that they cannot even sell their rigs for the same amount they paid.

The difficulty then must trend downwards and BTC mining will become more profitable once the competing coin/coins gain traction.   
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 06:22:13 PM

If no competitor arises that cannot be simultaneously mined, everyone who bought a mining rig will try to sell it off ASAP or eventually will turn it off as the power consumption costs more than the BTC being mined.

ASIC power consumption is very low -- less than 10% of mining revenue for first generation ASICs -- so it will be a while before miners shut off equipment because the cost of power exceeds revenue. Furthermore, even when the cost of power approaches revenue, the difficulty will still rise when the price of BTC rises.

You are likely to lose if you are betting on the difficulty falling.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 06:25:06 PM

Right now, there is a steady rise, good buy support and people are beginning to believe it might be a long steady rise. Now is the time to jump in and make an account, get your BTC ready and buy on the impending big downward spike.

On the difficulty readjustment, simply look here:
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

The top was reached in LTC after a nice steady rise in price. people mined it, then went elsewhere once the difficulty became too much. As competitors to BTC arise that cannot be simultaneously mined, those with large rigs will switch over, and difficulty will begin a downtrend. As that happens, the GHs price will increase because the difficulty will decrease. See eMunie.com for one possible BTC competitor for GHs... Others will come to compete, and that will be demanded by those who have made a large investment into equipment, as so many have over the last few months.

It is therefore inevitable that those with mining rigs that are becoming non-cost efficient will throw their support behind a mineable product that competes with BTC, once they realize that they cannot even sell their rigs for the same amount they paid.

The difficulty then must trend downwards and BTC mining will become more profitable once the competing coin/coins gain traction.   

Puppet

player01

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:18:49 AM

If you bought in when I made that post that got me called a puppet and sold now you would be up 10% in BTC and would have kept all the coins from mining to boot.
prolom

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:25:24 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 05:34:10 AM by prolom

Interesting. I accidentally made a couple of bucks when the price shot up after the latest difficulty increase, I thought my sell targets were way too high, turned out they were too low. Really hard to figure it out.

The market definitely has it's own concept of value and working in that environment requires a certain set of skills that I don't have.

But it's great to be able to participate with minimal risk.

And I learned a couple of things from their trollbox (love that word)  - "Me and my bot don't see the price, only the %" and "It's like trading with training wheels - you're mining while you're holding". And also that you should never listen to the trollbox.

prolom.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: