Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an alternative power adapter for BFL 50GH/s miner ?  (Read 2218 times)
K.A.T (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:47:39 AM

Hi,

The 50GH unit I have is not working anymore. The lights are on, but no fans are running at all. Also, no response from BFL!! is there an alternative or some kind of universal power adapter ? I see the amps are very high (31A)!!!!

Can two (25GH) adapters work (possibly Xbox adapters....)?

Regards,,,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:46:38 AM

Buy any quality 400+ watt PSU locally and just short (with a paperclip) the green ATX lead with any black (ground lead).  It should automatically turn on.  Many others are using real power supplies instead of BFL's since they prefer to not die in their sleep (myself included - I've had 3 BFL PSUs die on 10 miners).
K.A.T (OP)

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:28:35 AM

Thank you.  I saw a photo some where explaining the shorting.... I'll try to find a power supply.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:42:50 PM

Just make sure you have the PSU switched off, do the paperclip trick (google it), plug in the PCIe connectors, then turn on the PSU switch.

People have killed their miners by simply plugging in the PCIe connectors from the crappy BFL PSU when it was already powered.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:33:57 AM

Just make sure you have the PSU switched off, do the paperclip trick (google it), plug in the PCIe connectors, then turn on the PSU switch.

People have killed their miners by simply plugging in the PCIe connectors from the crappy BFL PSU when it was already powered.

The chance of getting shocked is quite low.

When my BFL power supply crapped out, I cannibalized an old dell computer, took out one of the crappiest ATX PSUs I've ever seen.

To get it to start, I stuck the needle of a compass (the drawing instrument) on the green and touched the casing of the PSU.

It's been working without a problem ever since.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:39:41 AM

The chance of getting shocked is quite low.

When my BFL power supply crapped out, I cannibalized an old dell computer, took out one of the crappiest ATX PSUs I've ever seen.

To get it to start, I stuck the needle of a compass (the drawing instrument) on the green and touched the casing of the PSU.

It's been working without a problem ever since.

I meant they get shocked plugging in the crappy BFL PSU into the miner while the BFL PSU is already loaded.  On the BFL forums somebody reported that it toasted their Single.
Frozenace

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:56:23 AM

My 500W PSU doesn't power 2 Little SC's, so I have to use a crappy BFL PSU to do the job... what a waste.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: