Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymity  (Read 311 times)
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:17:50 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 01:51:00 PM by theyoungmillionaire
Merited by paxmao (1), acmakc12 (1)

Bitcoin known as anonymity, but there are a lot to talk about being anonymous, a harmless and safe technique of creating & receiving payments without compromising your identity and your activities (lawful, illegal &/or illicit). We believe that bitcoin is anonymous, but if you check back in history like the "Silk Road" and latest articles about its anonymity, you tend to question things surrounding its “anonymity”.
Some articles that are worthy of reading:

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/20/the-nsa-worked-to-track-down-bitcoin-users-snowden-documents-reveal/

“Though the documents leaked by Snowden do not address whether the NSA aided the FBI’s Silk Road investigation, they show the agency working to unmask bitcoin users about six months before Ulbricht was arrested, and that it had worked to monitor Liberty Reserve around the same time. The source of the bitcoin and Liberty Reserve monitoring, MONKEYROCKET, is governed by an overseas surveillance authority known as Executive Order 12333, the language of which is believed to give U.S. law enforcement agencies wide latitude to use the intelligence when investigating U.S. citizens.”

https://www.cyberscoop.com/bitcoin-tracking-zcash-monero-cryptocurrency/

https://rroyselaw.com/technology-transactions/cryptocurrency/time-to-hide-your-bitcoin-wallet-how-the-irs-is-tracking-your-virtual-currency/

https://siliconangle.com/hacking-team-found-a-way-to-track-and-trace-bitcoin-transactions-and-the-software-is-now-in-the-wild/

https://www.techspot.com/news/74246-amazon-granted-patent-tracking-bitcoin-transactions-selling-data.html

https://www.ccn.com/researchers-unmask-anonymous-tor-users-tracking-bitcoin-transactions/

https://news.bitcoin.com/irs-crackdown-tracking-bitcoiners-with-chainalysis/

"The IRS will no longer target a wide-range of Coinbase users via its information request, which it filed on Coinbase back in March. Instead, the agency made concessions to seek account data of individuals who transacted — meaning they bought, sold, sent, or received — $20,000 worth of bitcoin in any transaction type."

Actual contract between the IRS and Chainalysis: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3935924-IRS-Chainalysis-Contract.html

As specified, that all bitcoin sales & purchased amounting to $20,000 or above, are reported to the government and all details involve are shared.

The ownership of Bitcoin is not actually the problem here, spending them is. Buying for products/goods, have transported or exchange them, we can easily be track & identify. Let's say these are true (for discussion purposes) & bitcoin is less anonymous, which is different from we believe in. How can we decline the chances of being recognize as holder & increase our security? Sample, I have 150BTC which is equivalent to $1.2M as of the moment & I would love to convert it to fiat money, what are the methods I can do to be safe and anonymous? I think that exchanges/mixing will not answer these. If I sold it to a person via hard wallet, with large BTC in it, it will not help. When the FBI or any government institution seizes that person, he/she will just cooperate and tell the details of your transactions: the place of transactions, security cameras, describing your face, and parking lot cameras can captured your license plate or any form that is relevant to capture your identity.

Your thoughts on protecting your anonymity using bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 10:14:43 PM

I wonder why you want to sell your bitcoin fund? if you don't believe in cryptocurrencies so why you invest your money in it from beginning?
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:55:51 AM

The question is what are you afraid of considering that you didn't do anything illegal to get your bitcoin.
Bitcoin anonymity is a problem for the government, in fact anonymity is a big problem for us all considering the fact that this can be exploit by drug dealers and other illegal platforms out their.
USE YOUR ILLEGAL MONEY BUY BITCOIN THEN SPEND BITCOIN LEGALLY.

My advice to you is that since the US is hostile on bitcoin and you obtain yours legally travel to a crypto friendly country and transact their.
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 04:09:13 PM

The question is what are you afraid of considering that you didn't do anything illegal to get your bitcoin.
Bitcoin anonymity is a problem for the government, in fact anonymity is a big problem for us all considering the fact that this can be exploit by drug dealers and other illegal platforms out their.

My advice to you is that since the US is hostile on bitcoin and you obtain yours legally travel to a crypto friendly country and transact their.

In your opinion what the crypto friendly countries are, how anyone able to move on there?
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:24:20 PM

I wonder why you want to sell your bitcoin fund? if you don't believe in cryptocurrencies so why you invest your money in it from beginning?
Maybe he has reached a point where he think's he has made enough profits out of investing into bitcoins and would like to enjoy his wealth.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:55:52 PM

Are you aware that you will eventually want to do something with you bitcoins and that nowadays that means converting to fiat? Unless hodling beyond the grave is your plan.
theyoungmillionaire (OP)

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:49:07 PM

Are you aware that you will eventually want to do something with you bitcoins and that nowadays that means converting to fiat? Unless hodling beyond the grave is your plan.

Exactly, paxmao, maybe he does not think of it as of the moment. What is your thoughts about this, my friend?
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:48:20 AM

Exactly, paxmao, maybe he does not think of it as of the moment. What is your thoughts about this, my friend?

Two quick things:

Crypto friendly countries: Germany and I think also Holland. On the first one if you are resident in certain regions you don't pay tax for crypto gains.

Crypto cards: I hodl and hope to have soon the product of FuzeX, so I can spend crypto directly in any place where visa and the like are accepted.

AverageGlabella
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:28:54 AM

I've also brought up concerns/answers and had a discussion with the community regarding anonymity with Bitcoin before that you might be interested in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3203272.msg33247381#msg33247381

Even though I didn't quite get the discussion I was hoping for you might be appreciate a few of the points made by myself or others.
pasha2123

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:34:48 AM

I think that anonymity is needed for those who do choral things. And if a person is honest and pays taxes, then he does not need anonymity. But as most do not want to pay taxes, and some engage in illegal activities, one can say for sure, anonymous crypto currencies will thrive.
kudryas

Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:05:01 PM

Maybe he has reached a point where he think's he has made enough profits out of investing into bitcoins and would like to enjoy his wealth.

Or he doesn't wan't to take risk anymore.
crypto_nd

Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:21:07 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2018, 10:50:49 PM by crypto_nd

In your opinion what the crypto friendly countries are, how anyone able to move on there?
you do some research, must countries in Europe where most ICO meeting are been held are friendly. It's up to you, the fact is you can't get all 150btc sold once, you have to spend it little by little.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: