Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:47:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Analyzing ICO's; My Checklist and Guide.  (Read 105 times)
ci1990 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:52:21 AM
Merited by Elysio (3), renemagritte (3), anatolykarpov (2), cgokt (2)

Fellow Crypto friends, though I've been following the forum for a long time, I haven't contributed much since I didn't have the time.

I have been into Crypto for almost a year. I earn mostly from ICO's. I never day trade since that's too stressful and time consuming for me. Investing in ICO's is quite risky if you don't know how to analyze them. Most of the ICO's are useless and dangerous to invest in. After spending many months in this ICO space, I feel quite experienced now thus I would like to share my own checklist and guide with you guys.

There are various parameters to keep in mind and research before investing in any ICO’s.
(Btw, with great reward comes great risk. ICO investing is risky thus always DYOR.)

Here is a checklist that I’ve prepared for myself.

Initially I take a look at the Whitepaper, the Roadmap, the Team and the Token Metrics.

Then follows;

-Check if team members and partnerships are legit. Contact and ask them from Twitter/Linkedin etc.

-If team members and partnerships are legit; take a look at their previous projects and how well those projects did.

-What’s the hardcap ? What’s the private sale, presale and crowdsale ratios for hardcap ?

-Bonus amounts that will be given in private sale, presale and crowdsale ?

-Will those bonuses be locked ? If so, for how long ?

-What’s the ETH/USD peg rate and do they differ for private sale, presale and crowdsale ?

-Will private sale, presale and crowdsale tokens be released and unlocked at the same time ? If not, find out about the release and unlock dates for each.

-Circulating supply and marketcap during initial unlock ?

-How many tokens are reserved for bounty program ? Will bounty program winners’ tokens be released at the same time with crowdsale tokens ?

-If not, when will they be released ? Over a period of time, or all at once ?

-Is there social media hype ? Did “crypto influencers” mention about this ICO ? Are they shilling it ? *

*Note that this can be bad but also good;

Can be bad because lots of flippers may invest and as soon as they see 1.5x returns they may immediately flip and sell, causing the price of the token to drop in short term. Nevertheless, if it’s a long-term project, no need to worry about flippers. It’s better to get rid of them in the beginning.

Hype can also be good just because simply supply-demand economics. Thanks to hype, many people may want to invest during ICO but they may not get the chance to do so, thus they will try to buy it from a DEX or CEX. Timing of hype build up is critical. If hype builds up right after or just before whitelisting ends, then that’s good since many people won’t have the chance to invest from ICO due to lack of whitelists. They may try buying from exchanges. (Especially if it’s a long-term project with nice token metrics)

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. Hope my guide will help you.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:11:58 AM

Thank you very much for the guide. Greatly appreciated. It's very important to have a checklist because this whole ICO thingy is too risky. I know many people who lost lots of money by investing in wrong ICO's. Always have to research deeply and be cautious.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:20:03 PM

Thanks for sharing your journey, experience and thoughts.
Those are nice tips.
renemagritte

Activity: 235
Merit: 40

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing. I believe hardcap, token supply and hype is really important, and like you said pre or private sale and their tokens' release dates are pretty important. (they can dump sometimes!)

Also if people get more than 30% bonus for presale, I probably pass that ico.
Sifon

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:56:20 PM

Wow this is super rich in all its ramifications. I don't think you left anything out. I'm definitely copying and pasting this on my clipboard to serve as guide. This can also pass for bounty hunters seeking which projects to be vested in. Thanks for sharing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: