Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent KIN coins to Parity Wallet, need help  (Read 91 times)
rsl15 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:01:47 AM

Hi there,

I had bought slightly over 2 million KIN coins at Yobit and decided it would be smart to keep them in a desktop wallet. I ended up downloading Parity, because it is supposed to hold ERC-20 coins like KIN. Instead of using MEW I sent them directly from my Yobit account to the ETH address provided by Parity. It has been 5 five hours since I have sent the coins and the Ethereum block explorer still says zero transactions. Could anyone advise me on what to do right now. I'm pretty new to Parity, is there anything to set up, before I can receive ALT coins? The status over at Yobit hasn't changed during the last 5 hours and tells me "In Process".

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:02:45 PM

I suggest you to wait first. Since the status in your yobit account is still "In Process", the issue is not with Parity. I've seen some posts[1] about delay or stuck KIN withdrawals in Yobit previously, so... give it some time.

You better use other exchange next time to sell your KIN.

[1] Withdrawal stuck in yobit , update about avoiding YOBIT and using MERCATOX instead
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:07:37 PM

Hi there,

I had bought slightly over 2 million KIN coins at Yobit and decided it would be smart to keep them in a desktop wallet. I ended up downloading Parity, because it is supposed to hold ERC-20 coins like KIN. Instead of using MEW I sent them directly from my Yobit account to the ETH address provided by Parity. It has been 5 five hours since I have sent the coins and the Ethereum block explorer still says zero transactions. Could anyone advise me on what to do right now. I'm pretty new to Parity, is there anything to set up, before I can receive ALT coins? The status over at Yobit hasn't changed during the last 5 hours and tells me "In Process".

It may better for you to provide your txid, and i guess you should have gotten it. If your transaction doesn't appear that means if there is a problem in the ethereum network right now. Maybe it has been getting bloated and that makes your transaction can't be delivered as fast as possible because your transaction was in low priority.
rsl15 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:47:54 PM

I've figured out, that Yobit isn't the best platform to trade crypto, but I think you two are right, Yobit is probably delaying the withdrawal or the network is bloated. I'll wait and will keep you posted.
rsl15 (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:52:11 AM

The tokens were released from Yobit prison yesterday night. I'm going to need your help now. Parity crashed and ended up deleting my account, but I had saved the JSON file and the private key. Right now parity is syncing, going to take a while, before it finishes. I restored the ETH Wallet in parity, but having trouble adding the contract to show the KIN token, any help is appreciated.

https://etherscan.io/token/0x818fc6c2ec5986bc6e2cbf00939d90556ab12ce5?a=0x0067c351ca049772ba8e20a5b453bbb03bc125da
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:06:19 PM

Good to know that the withdrawal got confirmed already. What do you mean exactly by having trouble in adding the contract? Are you getting an error or you don't know how to add it?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: