Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:25:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If BTCChina goes to zero...  (Read 1779 times)
freebird (OP)

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:42:53 AM

When will the other exchanges decouple from it? I think many people are waiting for China to stabilize before buying back in. But since China is destined to go down all the way to 0, or close to it, people will keep waiting and waiting for a bottom that never comes. At some point, the non-Chinese exchanges will have to start ignoring the price movements on BTCChina... but it hasn't happened yet. Any thoughts on when/how that decoupling will occur?

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
samsam

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:44:51 AM

When will the other exchanges decouple from it? I think many people are waiting for China to stabilize before buying back in. But since China is destined to go down all the way to 0, or close to it, people will keep waiting and waiting for a bottom that never comes. At some point, the non-Chinese exchanges will have to start ignoring the price movements on BTCChina... but it hasn't happened yet. Any thoughts on when/how that decoupling will occur?

Decoupling???

When BTC China goes to zero the owners of BTC China are going to dump those coins in the coming days on the non-Chinese exchanges.
freebird (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:47:43 AM

Decoupling???

When BTC China goes to zero the owners of BTC China are going to dump those coins in the coming days on the non-Chinese exchanges.

Well obviously bitcoin is not going to go down below a couple hundred bucks on the non-Chinese exchanges, but meanwhile BTCChina will keep going down all the way to near zero, since money can only flow out from that exchange but not in. What I'm wondering is when people are going to realize that at some point, the overall bitcoin market can't keep following BTCChina as it has been doing. Following the China price can't go on forever, since the China price is now based on conditions that don't exist in most other countries.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
samsam

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:50:49 AM

The market is already pricing in the liquidation of BTC China. That is why we are still going down until BTC China liquidates. I don't know what that price will be.

Before the Chinese got involved in BTC it was trading in the $200-$300 range, so I assume it will go back to around that price.
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:52:46 AM

Decoupling???

Well obviously bitcoin is not going to go down below a couple hundred bucks on the non-Chinese exchanges, but meanwhile BTCChina will keep going down all the way to near zero, since money can only flow out from that exchange but not in. What I'm wondering is when people are going to realize that at some point, the overall bitcoin market can't keep following BTCChina as it has been doing. Following the China price can't go on forever, since the China price is now based on conditions that don't exist in most other countries.

And when BTC china starts dumping coins on other exchanges in masses the price will go down even more. Logic! Smiley

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:53:46 AM

Decoupling???

Are they obliged to do that straight away?

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
freebird (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:55:47 AM

The market is already pricing in the liquidation of BTC China. That is why we are still going down until BTC China liquidates. I don't know what that price will be.

Before the Chinese got involved in BTC it was trading in the $200-$300 range, so I assume it will go back to around that price.

My guess is somewhere in the $300s. But my guess is as good as anybody else's. The future of bitcoin is in free countries such as the U.S., anyway, so this just seems like a good buying opportunity long-term. I sold some of my position in the $800-1000 range and am holding the rest, maybe will buy more in the $300s if it goes there.

ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:56:20 AM

If BTCchina = 0
BTC = $150-$225

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
samsam

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:56:34 AM

Decoupling???

No, since it will be their coins. They can do whatever they want with them. I am not sure who really runs BTC China but if they are smart they will slowly sell the coins in order to get a good price for them.
freebird (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:57:37 AM

Decoupling???

No, since it will be their coins. They can do whatever they want with them. I am not sure who really runs BTC China but if they are smart they will slowly sell the coins in order to get a good price for them.

Could this have already happened and be the cause of the huge decline we've already seen?

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 11:01:31 AM

Of course they could just be using the FUD as an excuse to get chinese to sell out cheaply while they make millions selling coins elsewhere Tongue

samsam

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:02:39 AM

Decoupling???

Could this have already happened and be the cause of the huge decline we've already seen?

Not sure...but they must have a ton of BTC right now. I can't imagine that they have sold it all.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

$300 in China holy shit I don't think anyone anticipated this.

Wow just wow, blood bath

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

it would be hilarious if china lifts the ban next week.
Bitbuy

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:38:26 AM

THAT would be...glorious. Revolution in China then?  Cheesy
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:43:43 AM

For me it's ok. But some people really lost it all. I guess we're about to stay at some bottom for a period of time. What do you say?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Bitbuy

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:46:13 AM

Yeah Bottom seems likely for now. Also, confidence will be hurt, so it might take some time to pick up again.
GigaCoin

Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:53:42 AM

Where are all the violent pictures of dead bulls and pigs that usually come up here at such crashes ?  Grin

Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:54:02 AM

THAT would be...glorious. Revolution in China then?  Cheesy

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:00:12 PM

Today's volume on Gox is a lot more than on the previous drops of 16th -17th, but in China it's about the same.
IMO this means that on Gox there is significant resistance to the large price drop, but not so much in China.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: