Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox Euro Withdraw - What happened?  (Read 1209 times)
telegdyd (OP)

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 09:35:24 PM

I have withdrawed on 25.Juli some money.
Now its 16.Sept, end i still dont have the amount in my bank.
Is it normal? Or what?

(sorry about my english)

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ffuentes

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 06:19:50 AM

I have withdrawed on 25.Juli some money.
Now its 16.Sept, end i still dont have the amount in my bank.
Is it normal? Or what?

(sorry about my english)

Now is 16 17 August Smiley

Have you emailed Mtgox or your bank about that?

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:46:30 AM

Mt. Gox's Support / Ticket System:
 - http://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:33:13 PM

Their french account Macaraja SAS was disabled due to high volume & refusal of the bank to process bitcoin related transactions.

They are acquiring a new bank account which takes time. Even their new bank refused to open an account,
But since that's illegal (all registered companies in France are entitled to a bank account) they had to get the account opened in front of a judge.

If you email them they can cancel your pending SEPA bank transfer. I did that a while ago.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 01:51:55 PM

Their french account Macaraja SAS was disabled due to high volume & refusal of the bank to process bitcoin related transactions.
Absolutely not. It is because they were getting fraudulent wires from people with hijhacked/phished bank accounts.

Jack of Diamonds

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 03:39:25 PM

Absolutely not. It is because they were getting fraudulent wires from people with hijhacked/phished bank accounts.

Yes, I'm aware of fraud issues too.

I was basing it on this message by MagicalTux:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=32767.msg412894#msg412894

Quote from: Mark Karpéles
We do not lie to our bank, and that's the reason why we have so much trouble getting a new European bank. We have a full presentation (what is bitcoin, etc) and explain to each financial institution what we are dealing with.

Secondary, neither Tradehill nor MtGox is conducting any financial business. We accept deposits from users for the purpose of buying a service, that's a common system known as "prepaid", used by many merchants around the world. You can ask for a refund ("withdraw"), and that's not a problem either.

We are, however, talking with the FSA about Bitcoin and want them to understand and let us know if there is any specific requirement for us.

They are negotiating to get accounts in Switzerland, Hong Kong and France

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 04:08:05 PM

I was basing it on this message by MagicalTux:
Yup, you were mixing up the "bank account cancellation" problem and the "we can't get a new account opened" one. Different problems, different reasons.

We do not lie to our bank, and that's the reason why we have so much trouble getting a new European bank. We have a full presentation (what is bitcoin, etc) and explain to each financial institution what we are dealing with.
That's a great thing, for them, and for all the customers.

Secondary, neither Tradehill nor MtGox is conducting any financial business. We accept deposits from users for the purpose of buying a service, that's a common system known as "prepaid", used by many merchants around the world. You can ask for a refund ("withdraw"), and that's not a problem either.
That's logical, however, when merchants do that, they don't state on their website that "You are trading with other users of Mt Gox. Mt Gox does not act as a counter party to any trades.", it's a clear contradiction.

Because ok, you're prepaying the fees part, but if mtgox users trade directly with each other it means that all the money that doesn't pay fees is transmitted to the other party directly, making mtgox a money transmission business. Logical isn't it ?

That's also the reason it's not possible anymore to send money directly to another mtgox account from your account, it would make them instantly a money transmission business. The redeemable mtgox codes are a clever and legitimate way to *not* be considered an MSB, because they're accounted for in a different fashion.

We are, however, talking with the FSA about Bitcoin and want them to understand and let us know if there is any specific requirement for us.
How surprising Smiley

I don't think mtgox is doing anything wrong, in the morall sense, but I think they are operating in a legal gray zone and should be a little more transparent about it. Doesn't it surprise you that a web based business that handles tens of thousands USD a day doesn't have any terms of service to be found ?

Jack of Diamonds

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 06:59:32 PM

Maybe a little.
They are running the business just fine but they should be more careful about small details like the ToS.

Also, while their corporate info and physical address in Japan is discoverable, they don't list any of it on the website (except just 'Tibanne Ltd'), not even a phone number.

The minimalistic no-bs approach is great for the customer but I can see why a higher up bank manager would be more than skeptical after a quick glance at the site.

telegdyd (OP)

Activity: 362
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:48:24 PM

Thanks guys, i opened a request on the support site Smiley

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 05:53:41 PM

Open some bank accounts in Poland for example. Banks over here mostly don't give a shit what kind of trade you do with the account.

I can't imagine them looking at the website.

They just care about your company papers and showing your passport. Never heard of anyone being refused/closed account in the last 10 years, if he had the normal documents stated on the bank website that are required to open the account.

Probably most Eastern European countries have most banks with such laid-back attitude. Latvia, Estonia, Czech Republic, etc.

They just care about your banking fees.

Countries in western Europe are much more strict, and its difficult to open an account - Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland - completely different attitude, they want to know much more, who are you, from where is the money, etc, which would be completely unthinkable in Eastern Europe.

aandreas

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:26:17 AM

anyone wondering, why they got so much organized crime in eastern europe?  Grin
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 01:36:11 AM

Who told you that Eastern Europe (I'm not talking about Russia obviously) has more crime then Western? I bet UK has more. Eastern EU is as safe as most Western EU countries, if not safer.

gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 01:48:46 AM

With all the stupid anti money laundering procedures going on, for the western banks, we the customers are criminals until the contrary is proofed.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: