Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CEO of BTC China speaking to CNBC  (Read 8958 times)
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 01:59:40 PM

He just got rich

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:10:33 PM

'No, don't panic Mr. Lee. You can still drink as much water as you want. All we are simply doing is tying your hands behind your back and sowing your mouth shut. '
jerem2398

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:13:33 PM

You better thank him. If they do not stop the panic then BTC will reach 200 USD per bitcoin. Which makes it look bad for those who bought in at $1,200 a few weeks back. Why would a person wanna ever get involved in bitcoin again when they have an experience that bad. They won't.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:18:05 PM

His exchange can still trade in USD or EUR just not Yuan/RMB. So he opens Unionbank USD account and trading resumes
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:56:37 PM

His exchange can still trade in USD or EUR just not Yuan/RMB. So he opens Unionbank USD account and trading resumes

Somehow I doubt the Chinese gov't would go for that.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 02:58:24 PM

It really annoys me when people start all their sentences with "So...". In English you BARELY EVER start a sentence with "So..." and it's even rarer to use it to answer a direct question. I mean WTF? I thought this was a quick fad but it's been going on long enough and we have to put a stop to it. I'm starting a committee or something. It drives me fucking nuts. Learn to English.

I wonder if you know how to speak chinese LOL . world are changing accept it !

as a native english speaker its very dumb so say that. can you speak any other language than yours?   Roll Eyes

so, thats not the topic for such a discussion  Grin

thatbluedude

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:00:53 PM

anybody got an alternative link?

thanks
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:02:43 PM

It really annoys me when people start all their sentences with "So...". In English you BARELY EVER start a sentence with "So..." and it's even rarer to use it to answer a direct question. I mean WTF? I thought this was a quick fad but it's been going on long enough and we have to put a stop to it. I'm starting a committee or something. It drives me fucking nuts. Learn to English.

So, I start sentences with 'so' all the time. So what?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:03:36 PM

anybody got an alternative link?

thanks

so, that would be nice.  Tongue

R2Pleasent

Activity: 139

Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:15:29 PM

Bobby Lee is the least trustworthy person in the Bitcoin world right now.  Just 2 days ago, BTC China released a statement saying they were re-implementing 0.3% fees "to prevent market manipulation".  You really believe this was not in response to private talks with government officials?  They knew the rug was being pulled out from under them.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/16/breaking-news-btc-china-trading-fees/

Bobby Lee is also saying he's never heard of anyone using BTC in China to get money out of the country.  What a lying sack of shit.  Bitcoin's Chinese value was derived almost exclusively from the ability to circumvent currency controls.  This guy has been in the e-commerce game for over 15 years, he graduated from Stanford.  He's playing everybody for a fool.

Now he's telling everybody not to panic.  Uh, hello dude?, your company was the BIGGEST BTC exchange in the world.  In the past week the perceived message from the PBOC has gone from:

- Bitcoin trading is allowed, banks just can't manipulate the prices
- Bitcoin trading is allowed, third party processors are now banned
- Bitcoin trading is allowed, but no banks / third party processors can do business with anything bitcoin-related

It's bad, Bobby.  Don't lie to us.  You'll keep working on trying to figure out a compromise with the PBOC, but the odds are slim.  Bitcoin stands for everything China is against.  If the ability to search for information on Google is perceived as being a threat to the system, where does that put Bitcoin?  The ability to instantly transfer wealth, anonymously, to people around the world.

Owner & Co-Founder @ CryptoFundingTracker.com
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:19:42 PM

Yes, I think he is a LITTLE biased in his view of what's going on.  That said, did he stop the crash from happening by saying not to panic? Smiley

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
btbrae

Activity: 680

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:25:44 PM

Me too, every morning driving to work, every person being interviewed on the radio starts with "SO", AAARRRGGH, this is not the way to start a sentence, where did this come from, its nearly as annoying as the upward inflection which makes every statement sound like a question!

Angry Angry Angry Angry

My post was largely misunderstood but glad to see at least one person knows what I was getting at. I'm not picking on Bobby Lee in particular a lot of native English speakers have been infected with the "So..." virus too, I notice it a lot on the US business channels.

Now he's telling everybody not to panic.

This is an interesting thought. What would you have somebody who is watching a crowd of people panicking say, in order to try to stop them panicking?  Grin
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:33:32 PM

These charts show that the selling is no where near as high as the crash back in April.

http://coinregulations.com/ban-on-btc-china-taking-cash-payments-causes-bump-in-the-road/

Also, the ratio of sellers to buyers is more balanced. This talks to the increased popularity of bitcoin around the world, which is good news. Having one or two countries dominating the landscape is bad news as it causes negative spikes like we are seeing when regulators throw their toys out of the pram.

The more people around the world that use it, the greater the price stability, and it almost goes without saying that there will be greater demand keeping prices rising due to scarcity of supply.

Bitcoin just went on sale for a few weeks, thats all.

R2Pleasent

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:39:57 PM

Now he's telling everybody not to panic.

This is an interesting thought. What would you have somebody who is watching a crowd of people panicking say, in order to try to stop them panicking?  Grin

I expect him to put his money where his mouth is.  It's clear he was panicking himself.  He added fees to BTC China less than 48h before deposits were disabled.

These charts show that the selling is no where near as high as the crash back in April.

http://coinregulations.com/ban-on-btc-china-taking-cash-payments-causes-bump-in-the-road/

Also, the ratio of sellers to buyers is more balanced. This talks to the increased popularity of bitcoin around the world, which is good news. Having one or two countries dominating the landscape is bad news as it causes negative spikes like we are seeing when regulators throw their toys out of the pram.

The more people around the world that use it, the greater the price stability, and it almost goes without saying that there will be greater demand keeping prices rising due to scarcity of supply.

Right, the #1 market for Bitcoin, the market which fueled the entire rise up in the first place, is insignificant.  Tell me, what is significant?  If Bitcoin added 47% market share in one day, would you say that is significant?  Wouldn't you expect your coins to skyrocket?  But when it's the opposite, it's simply a "blip in the road". 

Anatol Kir

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:42:27 PM

I think I've seen this before.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/images/300x/163347.jpg

e4xit

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:43:56 PM

nice chart, glad I saw this!

Not your keys, not your coins.
CoinJoin, always.
R2Pleasent

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 03:54:10 PM

The numbers are extremely deceiving.  The primary catalyst in the April crash was the fact that everyone used the same exchange, MT Gox, and the system crashed during the sell-off.  People could not put in orders.  If they did put in orders, the lag was literally up to an hour.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:57:24 PM

The numbers are extremely deceiving.  The primary catalyst in the April crash was the fact that everyone used the same exchange, MT Gox, and the system crashed during the sell-off.  People could not put in orders.  If they did put in orders, the lag was literally up to an hour.

Which, if anything, would support the view that this crash isn't as volume intensive.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:58:44 PM

Exactly, and I plan to buy through other exchanges like Coinjar and BTCMarket to avoid Mt.Gox like the plague.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:09:42 PM

Don't panic BECAUSE, you lose only 70% capital,  Shocked

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print