Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:39:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My newb story..  (Read 788 times)
smoothrunnings (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:48:19 PM

I started to really take notice in Bitcoin 4 to 5 months ago.

Recently I put an add up in the Toronto kijijiji looking for an Avalon miner and was approached by a person named Jennifer Morrison at mjennifer465@gmail.com who has a KnC Saturn that she was selling for 5BTC's. Thinking the ad was posted in the Toronto section I figured this person was close to me, so I offered to pay them half up front and half once I get confirmation, a tracking number and could confrim the package is coming to me. Well things started going sideways Carley Vanhorn at carleyv7@gmail.com started getting involved by sending me his wallet ID "17UwNEP1sQ2zw9pH9sGh3X6iUyb8KoKsJb", once they had received the 2.5BTC Jennifer demanded the full amount, telling me Carley her husband wouldn't ship it until he got full payment. Jennifer emailed me through Carley's account.

So I requested they refund the 2.5BTC's, my request fell on def ears. I admit if I had done a little more research I would have probably requested a Escrow upfront but hey at least I didn't lose all 5BTC's (phew), but it's still a blow.

I am telling everyone this story so share my experience and since it's normal human behavior to brag about ripping off people I going to guess that this person or persons is going to brag about at some point and I hope whoever they tell reports them in the bitcoin community!! Smiley

Thanks
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:02:57 PM

People brag about ripping people off? I've never seen anyone brag about scamming someone in my entire life.

However, the person who got scammed often speaks up, in order to get consolation.

smoothrunnings (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:25:32 PM

People brag about ripping people off? I've never seen anyone brag about scamming someone in my entire life.

However, the person who got scammed often speaks up, in order to get consolation.

You must live in a small world. There are all kinds of stories of people who have admitted to their friends people who they have ripped off. Heck I am sure you have told your friends some of the evil and dark things you have done before, if you have any friends? Smiley

The problem people's friends are talkers too.

SHHhappy

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:46:57 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 02:48:45 AM by SHHhappy

Please  contact me .we can share her information together and report frauds to police and send her to court.
She is probably living in Ontario.

Here is my fraud experience from Carleyv7@gmail.com.:

Someone contacted me via the phone number I posted on the localbitcoin.com to sell me bit coins by interac e-transfer. Then The first trade is 1050 CAD. I paid 1050 CAD and got 1 Bitcoin from her. The second trade is 1900 CAD. I paid 1900 CAD and got nothing from her. Then she disappeared and turned off her phone. She used the first successful trade to win my trust and did fraud for the second trade.

That person's email is Carleyv7@gmail.com. Her phone Number is 226 241 4199. I know she registered on Localbitcoins using Carleyv7@gmail.com. Her name on google email is Carley Vanhorn. I have reported to police and will send her to court later.

Her wallet address is 17UwNEP1sQ2zw9pH9sGh3X6iUyb8KoKsJb If you guys are trading with her , don't believe in her
smoothrunnings (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:33:04 AM

I am glad you are coming forward with your experience in dealing with this person. Hopefully others will too. I figure soon or later this person or persons will rip off the wrong person and will either end up dead or in the news, hopefully they end up in the news that way I can make sure they don't get their free get out of jail card! Smiley

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: