Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Browser Miner  (Read 128 times)
Naida_BR (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:55:52 PM

Hello. I would like to ask if there is any browser miner for ETH.

I have searched a lot but didn't find anything.

Is this kind of mining still profitable?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:13:09 PM

If what you mean by browser miner is some add-ons that use your browser to mine some coins (in this case ETH), I don't think it is profitable. Just buy a new hardware with great specifications to mine.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:18:16 PM

The only browser miner I know is Coinhive[1]. Though it's an XMR miner, not an ETH miner. But you could easily simply trade your XMR for ETH using shapeshift or exchanges, so in the end you still end up with ETH. But yea, it's really really unlikely for you to make profit off this method.

[1] https://coinhive.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:34:07 PM

Why on earth would you waste time using browser miner. Probably you are new to mining and you wanna try what it feels like?
Better go for Minergate, simple and user friendly.
You can mine many different coins including ETH, but mining with your PC will not be profitable at all.

MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:31:57 PM

It's hard to imagine it'll be worth your time as it will be extremely difficult for you to make a profit. Alternatively, these coins might still be profitable: https://coinwebmining.com/coins-supported

Mintdice.com
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1331

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:14:48 PM

Mostly web miner scripts such as Coinhive are mining Monero and some other altcoins which are best for CPU mining. I don't know Ethereum web miners.
Maybe some faucets are saying that you can mine BTC, ETH, DOGE and other coins, but they are just using same Monero mining scripts. You mine Monero and these faucets are paying in other coins by live exchange rate. You can try to look at Faucethub mining faucets.
But web mining it's just not wort even if you have new powerful PC. You can't earn significant amounts by using web miners. Your PC just will use more electricity and it's likely that you wont earn enough to cover it.

Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:23:07 AM

Is this kind of mining still profitable?
I advice that you follow what others say here since mining using browser is not profitable at all. It would be more profitable if you will mine using a virtual private server using vps providers like vultr and digital ocean rather than mining with your browser(since you won't consume electricity here).. The downside though is that you will only earn few money, not enough to pay for your droplet (unless you are in a trial period but you will only waste your time earning 3-7$ per month).
BTCW
Copper Member

Activity: 193
Merit: 235

Click "+Merit" top-right corner

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:13:11 AM

It was several years since even thousands of computers could generate blockchain dust worth collecting through the browser. Javascript is insanely slow, cannot leverage CPUs and is not at all intended for the purpose.

Also, Java is more or less dead on the web.

So no, even if you hypothetically had 30k visitors who idled 24/7 on a page of yours, you couldn't mine more than pennies a day.

Also, installing scripts that use CPU for mining on a web page will get your domain blacklisted by Google within a day or two.

Back to the drawing board, we're afraid.

SendBTC.me <<< amazing imitative
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: