Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:41:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone wants to set a protest in DC against Chinese government  (Read 2295 times)
xselam1988 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:46:37 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 02:33:13 PM by xselam1988

Anyone wants to set a protest in DC against Chinese government freezing all Chinese bitcoin trade platforms?
Chinese government just ceased all bank from trading with all bitcoin/LTC/etc related platforms. ALL PLAYERS HAS TO WITHDRAW before Chinese the new year.
They cut the price to almost 1/3
Now here is no way for chinese not to sell.
After chinese new year in January. These platforms will have no way to cash out.
so there will be no chinese way to sell bitcoins. And remember they have the Great Firewall. Mtgox is already banned in china.

3505 International Pl NW
Washington, DC 20008
techstorm2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:00:31 PM

Huh Huh

DC?

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
xselam1988 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:01:46 PM

Huh Huh

DC?
where the Chinese embassy is.
aynstein

Activity: 128

Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:05:08 PM

can i pay a professional protester to go in my place?

AltaVista 4 Life!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:07:17 PM

There will be blowback. The news about the crash being caused by China will be bigger than the Chinese rally a month ago.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
xselam1988 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:10:55 PM

There will be blowback. The news about the crash being caused by China will be bigger than the Chinese rally a month ago.
chinese government ceased all bank from trading with all bitcoin/LTC/etc related platforms. ALL PLAYERS HAS TO WITHDRAW before Chinese the new year.
etnlona

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:20:38 PM

what's this about?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:28:26 PM

Don't blame the Chinese government, blame the panick sellers and the weak hands. Now and in the coming days there will be good buying opportunities before the usual January/February rally.

Wink

Signature space available for rent.
jarhed

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:30:19 PM

+1 Cheesy
xselam1988 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:32:34 PM

Don't blame the Chinese government, blame the panick sellers and the weak hands. Now and in the coming days there will be good buying opportunities before the usual January/February rally.

Wink
there is no way for chinese not to sell.
after chinese new year in January. these platforms will have no way to cash out.
so there will be no chinese way to sell bitcoins. And remember they have the Great Firewall. Mtgox is already banned in china.
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:56:40 PM

Wink
there is no way for chinese not to sell.
after chinese new year in January. these platforms will have no way to cash out.

What do you mean? I though they still allow withdrawal from website but not payment?

fronti
Legendary

Activity: 2909
Merit: 1308

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

only no news are bad news

If you like to give me a tip:  bc1q8ht32j5hj42us5qfptvu08ug9zeqgvxuhwznzk

"Bankraub ist eine Unternehmung von Dilettanten. Wahre Profis gründen eine Bank." Bertolt Brecht
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:28:45 PM

Someone just needs to tell the Chinese government that by banning Bitcoin they are losing the chance to become the next great world power.  They need to encourage everyone to purchase them or lose out on this opportunity.

I thought by the fact that they seemed to be allowing it that they had already figured this out?  I guess the fact that the banks were getting involved just scared them. 

Hopefully they loosen some of the restrictions.  I just wish it was more clear what is really happening. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
psyclon

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:04:17 PM

Someone just needs to tell the Chinese government that by banning Bitcoin they are losing the chance to become the next great world power.  They need to encourage everyone to purchase them or lose out on this opportunity.

I thought by the fact that they seemed to be allowing it that they had already figured this out?  I guess the fact that the banks were getting involved just scared them.  

Hopefully they loosen some of the restrictions.  I just wish it was more clear what is really happening.  

yeah sure. you must be blonde.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:02:18 PM

They can use localbitcoins.com or OTC, that's the right way to do bitcoin trading IMO.

xselam1988 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:26:27 AM

They can use localbitcoins.com or OTC, that's the right way to do bitcoin trading IMO.
but doing this will definitely hurt the price, which hurts us.
yeah there are some cheap coin to buy, but I assume that we have a lot of coins in hand.
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:29:24 AM

+1 Cheesy

+2  Cheesy How much do we have to pay? Can we get a group discount?
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:30:41 AM

Someone just needs to tell the Chinese government that by banning Bitcoin they are losing the chance to become the next great world power.  They need to encourage everyone to purchase them or lose out on this opportunity.

I thought by the fact that they seemed to be allowing it that they had already figured this out?  I guess the fact that the banks were getting involved just scared them. 

Hopefully they loosen some of the restrictions.  I just wish it was more clear what is really happening. 

Maybe you can write an email to the Chinese Government, and tell them they are missing out.
Ludwig Von Mises

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:11:44 AM

I live in China, and trade bitcoin OTC, localbitcoins, and using btcchina.

I think this is a false rumor:  I have seen nothing to indicate that people are required to withdraw their cash by Chinese New Year.  In fact, the PBOC  (China central bank) explicitly said people can continue to trade bitcoin, but they are treating it as a "commodity" rather than a "currency".  This is actually a good thing, because use of alternative currencies is not allowed in China.

You can still buy bitcoin as usual on btcchina, but selling (convert to Chinese Yuan RMB) is "temporarily" suspended.   Note they explicitly say they will provide "other ways of recharging."  (see below)

My guess is, the suspension will be lifted in a few days, after the rules are clarified, and it will be back to normal.  I think ultimately China will go for the USA model:  try to force all trades through registered exchanges that require proof of identity and use of banks.  This will allow them to track and regulate money exchange.

If I am wrong, and bank transfers are not allowed, then it will simply force bitcoin trade underground.  It will not stop bitcoin.  People like me will make a premium selling OTC and localbitcoins to Chinese who are desperate to buy bitcoin  Grin

The biggest users of bitcoin in China are rich guys who want to move or hide large quantities of RMB.  Bitcoin is the perfect vehicle for them, but they will use OTC trades for anonymity, anyway.

Governments and banksters are afraid of what they don't understand and can't control.  They can fight bitcoin, but bitcoin is bigger than governments, and will continue to grow regardless.

--
Here is the official notice on BTC China, and translation:

亲爱的各位比特币中国(BTC China)用户:由于众所周知的原因,比特币中国(BTC China)不得不暂时停止人民币充值功能,比特币充值、比特币提现和人民币提现不受影响,比特币中国(BTC China)会继续运营。请大家继续关注我们的主页,我们会尽快提供其他的充值途径。给您带来的不便,我们在此表达深深的歉意。比特币中国(BTC China)2013.12.18

Dear bitcoin China (BTC China) users: due to well-known reasons, bitcoin China (BTC China) had to temporarily freeze the recharging function, bitcoin charging, coins and currency are not affected, bitcoin China (BTC China) will continue to operate. Please continue to focus on our home page, we will provide other means of recharging. To bring you any inconvenience, we express profound apology. Bitcoin China (BTC China) 2013.12.18

Anyone wants to set a protest in DC against Chinese government freezing all Chinese bitcoin trade platforms?
Chinese government just ceased all bank from trading with all bitcoin/LTC/etc related platforms. ALL PLAYERS HAS TO WITHDRAW before Chinese the new year.
They cut the price to almost 1/3
Now here is no way for chinese not to sell.
After chinese new year in January. These platforms will have no way to cash out.

3505 International Pl NW
Washington, DC 20008
pletharoe

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:23:57 AM

A few points to mention (I work a lot in China, so have a slightly better idea of the government's mindset than most people on this forum).

1. Do you really think the Chinese government cares about a tiny protest in a far off land?

2. Apart from the Chinese government, who (who actually matters) would hear about your protest?

3. [q]Someone just needs to tell the Chinese government that by banning Bitcoin they are losing the chance to become the next great world power.  They need to encourage everyone to purchase them or lose out on this opportunity.[/q]
By effectively banning BTC, they are saying that they can "beat" BTC.  China is all about control, and they can see that BTC could mean they lose control of their currency.  That strikes fear into the hearts of the leaders.  Besides, through currency manipulation etc. China has a very real chance of being the next great world power.

I don't want to spread FUD, but this kind of move is exactly the way to end BTC.  It will just take one or two major governments to follow China's example and it'll all be over.  To those who say that it's impossible to regulate BTC, I say "you're right".   However it's very easy to regulate transactions using BTC as well as financial exchanges between banks and BTC exchange companies.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: