Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:43:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone wants to set a protest in DC against Chinese government  (Read 2297 times)
xselam1988 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:22:39 AM

A few points to mention (I work a lot in China, so have a slightly better idea of the government's mindset than most people on this forum).

1. Do you really think the Chinese government cares about a tiny protest in a far off land?

2. Apart from the Chinese government, who (who actually matters) would hear about your protest?

3. [q]Someone just needs to tell the Chinese government that by banning Bitcoin they are losing the chance to become the next great world power.  They need to encourage everyone to purchase them or lose out on this opportunity.[/q]
By effectively banning BTC, they are saying that they can "beat" BTC.  China is all about control, and they can see that BTC could mean they lose control of their currency.  That strikes fear into the hearts of the leaders.  Besides, through currency manipulation etc. China has a very real chance of being the next great world power.

I don't want to spread FUD, but this kind of move is exactly the way to end BTC.  It will just take one or two major governments to follow China's example and it'll all be over.  To those who say that it's impossible to regulate BTC, I say "you're right".   However it's very easy to regulate transactions using BTC as well as financial exchanges between banks and BTC exchange companies.
I think media expose is much better than email or anything.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:50:55 AM

Rather than flying to Washington I rather spend those money buying bicoins Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
xselam1988 (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:48:51 AM

I live in China, and trade bitcoin OTC, localbitcoins, and using btcchina.

I think this is a false rumor:  I have seen nothing to indicate that people are required to withdraw their cash by Chinese New Year.  In fact, the PBOC  (China central bank) explicitly said people can continue to trade bitcoin, but they are treating it as a "commodity" rather than a "currency".  This is actually a good thing, because use of alternative currencies is not allowed in China.

You can still buy bitcoin as usual on btcchina, but selling (convert to Chinese Yuan RMB) is "temporarily" suspended.   Note they explicitly say they will provide "other ways of recharging."  (see below)

My guess is, the suspension will be lifted in a few days, after the rules are clarified, and it will be back to normal.  I think ultimately China will go for the USA model:  try to force all trades through registered exchanges that require proof of identity and use of banks.  This will allow them to track and regulate money exchange.

If I am wrong, and bank transfers are not allowed, then it will simply force bitcoin trade underground.  It will not stop bitcoin.  People like me will make a premium selling OTC and localbitcoins to Chinese who are desperate to buy bitcoin  Grin

The biggest users of bitcoin in China are rich guys who want to move or hide large quantities of RMB.  Bitcoin is the perfect vehicle for them, but they will use OTC trades for anonymity, anyway.

Governments and banksters are afraid of what they don't understand and can't control.  They can fight bitcoin, but bitcoin is bigger than governments, and will continue to grow regardless.

--
Here is the official notice on BTC China, and translation:

亲爱的各位比特币中国(BTC China)用户:由于众所周知的原因,比特币中国(BTC China)不得不暂时停止人民币充值功能,比特币充值、比特币提现和人民币提现不受影响,比特币中国(BTC China)会继续运营。请大家继续关注我们的主页,我们会尽快提供其他的充值途径。给您带来的不便,我们在此表达深深的歉意。比特币中国(BTC China)2013.12.18

Dear bitcoin China (BTC China) users: due to well-known reasons, bitcoin China (BTC China) had to temporarily freeze the recharging function, bitcoin charging, coins and currency are not affected, bitcoin China (BTC China) will continue to operate. Please continue to focus on our home page, we will provide other means of recharging. To bring you any inconvenience, we express profound apology. Bitcoin China (BTC China) 2013.12.18

Anyone wants to set a protest in DC against Chinese government freezing all Chinese bitcoin trade platforms?
Chinese government just ceased all bank from trading with all bitcoin/LTC/etc related platforms. ALL PLAYERS HAS TO WITHDRAW before Chinese the new year.
They cut the price to almost 1/3
Now here is no way for chinese not to sell.
After chinese new year in January. These platforms will have no way to cash out.
so there will be no chinese way to sell bitcoins. And remember they have the Great Firewall. Mtgox is already banned in china.

3505 International Pl NW
Washington, DC 20008
if you can read chinese, then
央行已约谈了银行、支付宝、财付通等相关负责人,明确要求银行、支付机构不能给比特币、莱特币等交易网站提供支付与清算服务;对于已经发生业务的支付机构应解除商务合作;对于存量款项可在春节前完成提现,不得发生新的支付业务。(finish all cash outs before chinese new year and no further business for banks with these BTC or LTCetc platforms)
此前,中国人民银行等五部门发布《关于防范比特币风险的通知》,要求各金融机构和支付机构不得开展与比特币相关的业务。该文件指明,各金融机构和支付机构不得以比特币为产品或服务定价,不得买卖或作为中央对手买卖比特币,不得承保与比特币相关的保险业务或将比特币纳入保险责任范围,不得直接或间接为客户提供其他与比特币相关的服务。
截止北京时间今日上午7时,在国内各大比特币交易平台比特币价格约为2800元人民币,较一个月前的7000元人民币已大幅下跌。
Ludwig Von Mises

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:04:54 AM

Thanks.  I do read Chinese, and to me it is a little vague, and not clear if this applies to BTCchina or not.  This was part of the directive against "3rd party payment systems" (e.g. AliPay) handling bitcoin.  The CEO of BTCchina also does not seem to think it applies to them (though he left the door open for future "clarification" from the government).  BTCchina is registered with the government, and does "Know Your Customer"  (requires ID from customers). 

We shall see in the next few days... but regardless the "underground" localbitcoins style market for bitcoin is already huge in China, and will grow bigger if the government forces it underground by making it too difficult for casual users.  I see this as an opportunity to increase my profit trading bitcoin OTC in China   Grin

In the meantime, I am using this time as a buying opportunity!
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:00:46 AM

The China government not liking BTC is due to the fact that they can't take control of this therefore they simply ban it.
Ludwig Von Mises

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:24:17 AM

China did NOT ban bitcoin.  In fact quite the contrary, they have clarified the status to be a "commodity" not a "currency" -- a good thing since trading commodities is allowed, but using alternate currencies is not allowed.  And they have explicitly stated that people have the right to trade bitcoin individually. 

The exchanges did stop accepting RMB from banks to buy bitcoin temporarily, but the problem was a technical one:  the payment processor the china bitcoin exchanges used to xfer to the banks can no longer trade bitcoin.  So the exchanges scrambled to come up with alternatives.  Two of the china exchanges started accepting RMB again from banks and wire transfer already today (huobi.com and chbtc.com), and btcchina is expected to have their solution ready soon, per their website.

So, I suggest loading up on cheap bitcoin before the news trickles out to the world that China did not, in fact, ban bitcoin !    Grin

The China government not liking BTC is due to the fact that they can't take control of this therefore they simply ban it.
aynstein

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:36:36 AM

can i pay a professional protester to go in my place?

+1 Cheesy

+2  Cheesy How much do we have to pay? Can we get a group discount?

I don't know, we should look into it, any one have any unemployed friends? Wall street is probably a good place to find a few. Perhaps they will even accept payment in btc?

We could turn this into a service, iCause - A Protest by Proxy service "for when you care enough to send the best." we could even have a protester ordering app to select options available for an additional fee like
lay in road,
chained to industrial machinery,
antagonize all authorities in riot gear,
no shower for a week etc.

They could even wear a shirt with your photo so people know who is paying for it. Smiley

AltaVista 4 Life!
haos

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:42:07 AM

And who is the cheapest workforce to be hired?  Grin
aynstein

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:33:42 PM

And who is the cheapest workforce to be hired?  Grin
This is one of those things that is so perfectly AWESOME I want to share with others, and in the process end up looking like the crazy guy who is babbling about immigrant protesters being the next big ipo. Almost like when I was the crazy guy babbling about some newfangled math money but without a government to meddle or anything with value backing it. Now I am the financial genius babbling about immigrant protesters. Regardless, I am babbling. babble babble. babble. ba   ... b ...l

AltaVista 4 Life!
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:12:31 PM

Someone just needs to tell the Chinese government that by banning Bitcoin they are losing the chance to become the next great world power.  They need to encourage everyone to purchase them or lose out on this opportunity.

I thought by the fact that they seemed to be allowing it that they had already figured this out?  I guess the fact that the banks were getting involved just scared them. 

Hopefully they loosen some of the restrictions.  I just wish it was more clear what is really happening. 

Bitcoin is freedom of speech, the antithesis of the Chinese government
aynstein

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 07:00:27 AM

Bitcoin is freedom of speech, the antithesis of the Chinese government
no, really?

AltaVista 4 Life!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: