Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:47:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 2 TH/s Coincraft Rig with expected delivery mid January for $12k  (Read 918 times)
jchi18 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:25:51 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 05:03:19 PM by malevolent

I placed an order for two coincraft rigs to be delivered in mid january.  Each rig has total hashing of 2.8 TH/s on turbo.  I will need a deposit asap and we can work out an escrow for the rest.  I live in Northern NJ USA.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcasics

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

Any indication from Cointerra they are actually delivering in mid January?
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:33:03 PM

It's from bitmine.ch, not Cointerra.

Have you asked whether they can transfer the order? If so, escrow would only be needed for a day or however long confirmation of the transfer would take. Otherwise, I don't know you well enough to risk the deposit.

jchi18 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:48:30 PM

They have told me that they will not change name/address on order but someone could try to pursuade them.  Ideally, someone local will be interested.  If not, then I can send over once it has been received.  I would need some sort of assurance though.  An escrow created asap would suffice.
btcasics

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:03:12 PM

Thanks for correcting me, apparently I can't read.. I had talked with them a couple of weeks ago about transferring orders and at the time they said they were happy to do it. I wonder if they started getting too many requests and changed their minds..
Keefe

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

I am considering offering you 17.1 BTC, to be put in escrow right away and released to you when I receive the unit. I'm in California. Let me know if this works for you, and we'll discuss the details.

jchi18 (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:11:56 PM

I have yet to ask whether they will allow someone else to pick up.  I will do that and let everyone know.

I cannot accept BTC to be put in escrow.  If put in escrow, I would need it in US dollars as I do not know the value of BTC when you receive the unit.

Note that I have two units.  I am guessing that your offer was for one unit.  If not, I am unwilling to take such a loss as I believe demand will be there eventually.
Keefe

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:27:18 PM

I have yet to ask whether they will allow someone else to pick up.  I will do that and let everyone know.

I cannot accept BTC to be put in escrow.  If put in escrow, I would need it in US dollars as I do not know the value of BTC when you receive the unit.

Note that I have two units.  I am guessing that your offer was for one unit.  If not, I am unwilling to take such a loss as I believe demand will be there eventually.

I assume you would need to reship the package to me as soon as you receive it.

Yes, 17.1 BTC for one unit. I believe the value of bitcoin mining hardware is more closely tied to the value of bitcoin than to any national currency. I wonder if any bitcoin escrow service would be able to hedge against the exchange rate by selling the BTC while in escrow.

jchi18 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:56:12 PM

Looks like I have a deposit from someone.  So this is sold as of now.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:30:07 PM

Looks like I have a deposit from someone.  So this is sold as of now.

buzz me if the buyer pulls out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: