Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:41:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Classic (ETC) Wallet on MyEtherWallet - Which node to choose?  (Read 88 times)
Flight-87 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:46:16 PM

I am new to using Ethereum Classic (ETC) and was looking for a good web based wallet to store it. Luckily, found that I can store ETC on my favorite MEW https://www.myetherwallet.com Wallet. I just have to click the drop-down menu button on the top right corner of the website and change the node to either of the two ETC nodes currently available. Now I don't know which node to choose and does it makes any difference if I choose the first one, or the second. Popular choice seems to be epool.io. Their wallet addresses are identical too which is also confusing. Came through a term called "splitting" don't know what's that. Can anyone enlighten me about these basics? What else should I know to not lose my funds?
Anycoin Direct Support

Activity: 106
Merit: 13

https://anycoindirect.eu

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 09:36:00 AM

Hello Flight-87,

Good to hear you are getting interested in Ether Classic. Yes, there are a few web-based wallets that allow you to store your ETC. The wallet recommended by the ETC community is the ClassicEtherWallet which can be found here. However, we always recommend people to use the official software wallet in combination with a hardware wallet.  This method is better for your own security and will prevent you from losing coins via for example phishing methods or DNS attacks. In this case the official ETC software wallet can be found here and the Ledger wallet can be bought here.

MyEtherWallet also supports ETC storage, but we suggest you create a new separate wallet to store your ETC coins. Unless you would like to store all your ERC20 tokens, ETH and ETC on the same address it is safer to have them in separate wallets. If you do choose to store your ETC on MyEtherWallet you should pick the epool.io node. The Ethereum Commonwealth node is meant for the Callisto network, so if you have no CLO coins it is not interesting for you.

If you have any more questions feel free to send us a DM.

With kind regards,
The Anycoin Direct team

Helping the crypto-community. Anycoin Direct
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 11:24:16 AM

I am new to using Ethereum Classic (ETC) and was looking for a good web based wallet to store it. Luckily, found that I can store ETC on my favorite MEW https://www.myetherwallet.com Wallet. I just have to click the drop-down menu button on the top right corner of the website and change the node to either of the two ETC nodes currently available. Now I don't know which node to choose and does it makes any difference if I choose the first one, or the second. Popular choice seems to be epool.io. Their wallet addresses are identical too which is also confusing. Came through a term called "splitting" don't know what's that. Can anyone enlighten me about these basics? What else should I know to not lose my funds?

I think all the nodes will work fine so don't bother about it, I will adive you to first try out with small amount before sending all your funds through it, also don't click on any link to visit any wallet alot of people have lost their funds this way, it is better to type the link out because I can see some people are pasting links for you, don't be foolish and don't trust anyone here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: