Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assuming Satoshi owns a million Bitcoin but lost his private keys...  (Read 213 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:42:46 PM

And the only way to recover the Bitcoin is through a hardfork, would you accept the hardfork for the Father of Crypto?

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:50:27 PM

And the only way to recover the Bitcoin is through a hardfork, would you accept the hardfork for the Father of Crypto?
I guess Satoshi (if he is alive) will never do that. That will disapprove the slogan of decentralisation. Bitcoin is has not created to serve a single person, it created to serve the whole world.  

PS: Losing a million from the total of 21 millions actually will increase the demand of bitcoin price.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:40:14 PM

I guess Satoshi (if he is alive) will never do that. That will disapprove the slogan of decentralisation. Bitcoin is has not created to serve a single person, it created to serve the whole world.  

PS: Losing a million from the total of 21 millions actually will increase the demand of bitcoin price.
This is actually a very huge fortune that we are talking about and if i was Satoshi, I would make sure that i did everything that i could in order to retrieve this fortune. I will forego all the principles and get my Bitcoins.
sham100899

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:06:32 AM

That's a lot of treasure. And assuming that satoshi accidentally sent his private key to you on email. What a destiny.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 09:14:34 AM

Sigh... why delete a wallet instead of moving it aside and keeping the old copy just in case?  You should never delete a wallet.
I'm anticipating nakamoto would never lost his wallet.dat and private keys is not a big deal back in 2010 as they were only testing and finding bugs.

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more.  Think of it as a donation to everyone.
Assuming nakamoto lost his privatekeys it only makes everyone else's coins worth higher. He would only think of it as a donation to anyone.
aplistir

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:45:32 PM

I'm anticipating nakamoto would never lost his wallet.dat and private keys is not a big deal back in 2010 as they were only testing and finding bugs.

Assuming nakamoto lost his privatekeys it only makes everyone else's coins worth higher. He would only think of it as a donation to anyone.

I do not think he "lost" his keys. Instead I think he intentionally did not save them.

He did not try to become rich, instead he was an idealist and wanted to create a new kind of currency. He probably thought that if he would take 1M coins for himself both the credibility of Bitcoin and Satoshi would have suffered, and maybe we would not have bitcoin now.

I believe, Satoshi mined bitcoins with other computers too, and  became rich.  At-least I hope he did Smiley
bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:52:59 PM

I think satoshi will eventually sell off his bitcoins , he is just waiting for a higher prie and even more adoption so that the price wouldn't crash much if he sold.  Its the reason I m oved on to other crypto currencies that are more fair.   I can't trust a coin where the foudner owns over 6 percent of total supply.  that is a massive amount.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:44:51 PM

Assuming Satoshi is alive, still have the private key and wish to sell the Bitcoin, that would be difficult since exchange can trace deposit source and it's not difficult since most Bitcoin in early years were mined with Satoshi.
Satoshi's only chance is using decentralized exchange with proper configuration, secure connection and exchange to private cryptocurrency to ensure his/her/their safety and anonymity. But the problem is decentralized exchange trading volume is very low Roll Eyes

Also, there are many cryptocurrency where founder owns high percentage (1% or more) of total supply, especially Ripple Tongue

That's assuming that he would want to exchange his Bitcoin for fiat. I doubt he would personally.
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:31:55 PM

No matter who lost their Bitcoin (or any decentralized cyptocurrency), there shouldn't be any hard-fork or blockchain rollback just to recover the lost Bitcoin.

I think satoshi will eventually sell off his bitcoins , he is just waiting for a higher prie and even more adoption so that the price wouldn't crash much if he sold.  Its the reason I m oved on to other crypto currencies that are more fair.   I can't trust a coin where the foudner owns over 6 percent of total supply.  that is a massive amount.

Assuming Satoshi is alive, still have the private key and wish to sell the Bitcoin, that would be difficult since exchange can trace deposit source and it's not difficult since most Bitcoin in early years were mined with Satoshi.
Satoshi's only chance is using decentralized exchange with proper configuration, secure connection and exchange to private cryptocurrency to ensure his/her/their safety and anonymity. But the problem is decentralized exchange trading volume is very low Roll Eyes

Also, there are many cryptocurrency where founder owns high percentage (1% or more) of total supply, especially Ripple Tongue
how about he creates his own exchange, after about a year of giving good features and make people adopt it. Then you moves in to sell his bitcoin anonymously, remember he is the owner of the exchange.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:29:12 AM

I will be lucky if nakamoto will accidentally send me an email with his private keys.
This will be a big donation for everyone if he will send everything he has here on the forum member will recieve it.
Pablito89

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:11:52 AM

100% agree with that.
If he's still alive, he will never do something like that.
He made this just for decentralize the entire system.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:13:17 PM

as in "reclaim" his coins to redistribute somehow? or "burn" them?

the moment i see that coming i will sell all my btc on that chain. they are his, to lose, burn or spend as he pleases. just like mine are.
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:01:20 AM

I often wonder if satoshi will one day get the shits with the huge percent of "hodling Lambo hunters" accumulating bitcoin, will cause him to dump his load and crash it back to a few hundred dollars just to teach us a lesson.... and resume its original purpose for P2P transactions.

There isn't enough lambo's in the world if btc goes to $1M ea.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: