Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:31:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Alert: Do not use OKPAY (part 2)  (Read 1260 times)
feebs (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:57:40 PM

another scam alert, i notice few people are falling victim to okpay in this forum, like me

it is now more than 40 days since i wired my funds and since okpay started to ignore me

$2000 of my money i consider gone to the pocket of okpay

i confirmed with my bank my wire was a success

DO NOT be a victim -- do not send money to okpay, do not use okpay

people who have contact to the authorities, please do your part, report okpay.com, this scammer website has to shutdown.... every day people are falling victim and making a financial loss
gogodr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:19:20 PM

:O Thanks
I was about to send funds to my OKPay account since it looked like the only way to get money into BTC-E
eeh

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:20:51 PM

They have posted a notice a few weeks ago that they no longer support US customers.

Use 24change or Cryptonit.com to get your funds in. Cryptonit even offers PayPal.
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:57:50 AM

after my experience with okpay, all the listed funding options in btc-e are suspect scammers...

since okpay is also listed as an option in mtgox, mtgox's reputation goes down the drain for me

to stay safe use another bitcoin exchange with a good reputation and public information, so far i think this is cryptsy, they have a registered https website, but they dont accept usd deposit right now

another one is coinbase.com which is backed by the well known ycombinator venture capitalist

do not use 3rd party payment or funding processors, they are all the same shit after what happened to my $2000 scammed away from me by okpay
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:26:27 PM

i think they have some kind of waiting time for external deposit
something like 45 days

you should wait another 5 days to see how it goes

also try to contact any senior member of company by mailing and tell him what happened

just my 2 words

Available
PM me to rent this space.
Zveto

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:35:06 PM

i think they have some kind of waiting time for external deposit
something like 45 days

you should wait another 5 days to see how it goes

also try to contact any senior member of company by mailing and tell him what happened

just my 2 words

wow 45 days  Shocked
That's just crazy..  Undecided
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 04:42:06 PM

wow 45 days  Shocked
That's just crazy..  Undecided

yes it is
i have read that somewhere and also it happened to one of my friend
i personally never use okpay, i love skrill(moneybookers).

Available
PM me to rent this space.
eeh

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:45:36 PM

Even though I'm US, I still use OKPay to pass funds from BTC-e and crypto-trade. No issues. Never had any problems with OKPay.
TheWulff

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:07:28 PM

I got scammed $24,542 USD with OkPay.

I contacted my local police which they in turn contacted the FBI.

The FBI basically told me I was fucked and laughed at me on the phone.

So I contacted the CIA and the CIA told me they will send a spy to OkPay.

The Spy was never head from again.

This is will only get deeper.
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:01:52 AM

this is the problem with unregulated industries -- this bitcoin industry -- it is a scammers paradise, okpay is taking advantage of people who are used to accountability, used to regulated banks/stock brokers

it's too late for me, i got scammed already, and sadly each day okpay is scamming people - WHY?

BECAUSE OKPAY IS AN OPTION TO FUND YOUR BTC-E.COM AND MTGOX.COM ACCOUNT

if not for btc-e and mtgox, okpay will only scam very few people

if not for btc-e i will have never used okpay never will know of okpay - THANKS SO MUCH BTC-E FOR INTRODUCING ME TO OKPAY

oh and i know okpay did not scam older clients its their way to build up their reputation in the past so that THEY CAN NOW SCAM MORE PEOPLE LIKE US, SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE HERE WILL ATTEST TO THEIR GOOD FUCKING SERVICE
SunnyBTC

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:02:47 AM

Thanks for the heads up mate.
Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:15:22 AM

I got scammed $24,542 USD with OkPay.

I contacted my local police which they in turn contacted the FBI.

The FBI basically told me I was fucked and laughed at me on the phone.

So I contacted the CIA and the CIA told me they will send a spy to OkPay.

The Spy was never head from again.

This is will only get deeper.

$24,542 ohh my god, thats alot of money, i hope thats not a big % of your savings, its very shamefull that people like OkPay will scam people like this, im wondering why mTGOX and BTC-E still backing them?
eeh

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:28:47 AM

Do you happen to notice the people complaining about OKPay appear to be very new to the crypto thing?

Just an observation.
norcomgriffin31

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:52:54 AM

Thanks for the heads up
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:22:07 PM

Do you happen to notice the people complaining about OKPay appear to be very new to the crypto thing?

Just an observation.

here is the story of okpay, they did not scam as many people as they are scamming now, why? so that there will be some people who will give positive feedback and positive post about them - so now at the current stage, they are greedy and they are scamming probably all new customers who send wire transfer to them

who will arrest them? they are not registered in any country, all you see in their website are a front, a fake

now this leads me to an idea - how about their domain name, can someone complain to the domain name regulatory body icann.org about this scammer company so that they lose their domain name okpay.com since after all they are scamming innocent people everyday (like me)

i don't have time to do this, but if someone has contacts to icann.org or to where okpay.com is registered as a domain name, then that is one way to get back at this scammer company

GTminer

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:31:46 PM

I hope its just a delay in your case. Ill heed the warning.
eeh

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:32:09 PM

Sheesh.

Crypto-trade and BTC-e both use OKPay.

Look at your verification status on OKPay. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that whoever the noob is complaining most about this is not approved for such a hefty transaction. They do have limits. And it takes a while to get set up in any of these sites like Payee, OKPay or anything other than 24change.

And then just scroll through the user names. Over there on the left. Find someone who has been trading crypto for more than two weeks. And then ASK for assistance instead of just throwing out the SCAM tag.
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:55:35 PM

Sheesh.

Crypto-trade and BTC-e both use OKPay.

Look at your verification status on OKPay. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that whoever the noob is complaining most about this is not approved for such a hefty transaction. They do have limits. And it takes a while to get set up in any of these sites like Payee, OKPay or anything other than 24change.

And then just scroll through the user names. Over there on the left. Find someone who has been trading crypto for more than two weeks. And then ASK for assistance instead of just throwing out the SCAM tag.

obviously your not the person who sent a wire transfer in thousands of usd and was suddenly ignored upon by okpay support, your okpay wallet still empty, my account is verified with okpay, that means i sent the scanned billing document etc, i did the usual asking first before sending money and sure okpay was quick to answer my queries, and when i told them i sent the wire, then that's it, their support group fell silent, i only got 2 vague response that their finance dept is checking something that they will not tell me.... the wire transfer was more than 40 days ago, i called okpay's london tel no. and it turns out to be an answering machine, i check their address, its a po box in the british virgin island

what i am posting here is a warning to people who are dreaming of making money by bitcoin arbitrage using okpay, its not going to happen.... save yourself the burden and loss, in fact, consider all similar companies like okpay to be very dangerous, if you still did not get it "stay away from money processors like okpay - very dangerous"

i am not alone with this situation, many others here and in reddit have scam alerts as well on this scammer company from hell

eeh

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:42:41 PM

Fair enough comment, I suppose.

I've probably only put about 1K USD through it in the last month and the only problem I've encountered is getting BTC-e to actually send the funds. No problems with OKPay once they have it.
Noteadr

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:01:23 PM

Thanks for the alert Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: