Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2024, 05:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 20013-12-18 Infowars.com - US Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network  (Read 1188 times)
SoNic67 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:08:20 PM

US Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network “Reaching Out” To Bitcoin Businesses

http://www.infowars.com/us-treasurys-financial-crimes-enforcement-network-reaching-out-to-bitcoin-businesses/
ButchHashidy

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:17:01 PM

I'm sorry but Alex Jones is like the walking personification of a mouth breathing, slack jawed fud-machine.  Him and his network have been harping about end times for half a decade or longer.  I always take news from that site with a pinch of salt.

Jumpin' Jack Hash is a gas gas gaas
dopey

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

Alex has been right about alot of things, and wrong about alot of things, I hope he is wrong about this.
I do admit though he goes way over the top sometimes and can tend to "over-exaggerate" certain things.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:12:43 AM

This is incredibly outdated news. He's referencing guidance issued in March. This should have been published almost 9 months ago. Nothing's changed. FinCEN is still holding digital currency businesses to money transmission laws because it is the closest existing framework they have to try to cram it into, whether it fits or not. Of course they aren't going to let these businesses operate without any regulation. This is a very poor article. It's misdirected and uninformative.

If the author had watched the US Senate hearing on digital currency, they would have heard from Jennifer Calvery, Director of FinCEN, and noticed her remarks to be surprisingly openminded and friendly. She spoke on numerous occasions about how digital currency is an important innovation and FinCEN has no intention on stifling the ability of American companies to lead that innovation. In fact, if I remember correctly, she said future regulation would be no more limiting than current regulation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: