Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:03:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 10 large servers doing nothing else right now, what can I do to mine?  (Read 538 times)
dant (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:37:34 PM

We bought 10 1 year reserves on AWS for cc3.8xlarge servers. Our project is done and we have a few months left, they're just idling. Regardless of what they're doing, idling or not, we have to finish out the next few months as agreed.

Each server has 60GB of memory, 32 VCPUs and 108 ECUs. It's some decent horsepower and I'd like to tap into it for mining.

I've never mined before. Never even had a bitcoin wallet before today. I was testing earlier this morning by setting up ypool, jhprimeminer and running it, it seems to be doing okay I guess, looks like after conversions it's earning a dollar or two an hour.

I'd like to ask the pros here, and if someone can put me on the right track to making more I'll share it. I'm new to mining and new to bitcoins.

So if you had 10 large servers waiting to do anything, how would you set them up for maximum potential?
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:43:52 PM

To make any real money you are going to have mine alt coins....

I'm horrible at trying to mine anything but bitcoin,

I had to use bitminter.com (graphical user interface mining)..

But you should try this.... It's not mining, but a distributed computing network that pays dollars.

http://cloud.mql5.com/

Cash out in paypal or webmoney, for any amount.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:44:27 PM

Id pick a CPU coin to mine like Primecoin. The price of it has dropped (along with everything else) recently but I would think it has a strong chance of going back up at some point.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
dant (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:45:47 PM

I should add that these are CentOS Linux. No GUI, terminal only of course. They're just work horses.
aerrac

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:46:14 PM

Yeah pretty much limited to what can gpu mine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: