Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:06:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Given inefficient market conditions...  (Read 532 times)
skovbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:03:36 PM

Shouldn't people be attempting to aggregate price somehow before making market "predictions"? I'm not a big fan of technical analysis myself, but I know many people swear by their methods. Shouldn't the candles be aggregated into one candle, albeit with a much higher spread due to the differences in exchange prices?

Mark
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:14:32 PM

Everything anyone knows about technical analysis is useless when it comes to Bitcoin.

What I know about trading and technical indicators is that you aggregate based on your trading strategy. Some do 6 hour candles and some 6 week candles pick your poison.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
skovbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:56:48 PM

Everything anyone knows about technical analysis is useless when it comes to Bitcoin.

What I know about trading and technical indicators is that you aggregate based on your trading strategy. Some do 6 hour candles and some 6 week candles pick your poison.

I was really suggesting aggregating across brokers/exchanges for each candle/tick, the upside for people being that maybe their technical analyses would be assisted somehow, the downside that the effective spreads would be much widened. It's more of an idea I'm putting out there for people, which may be useless or not I guess. As I say, I don't use technical analysis myself and I likely never will.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: