Bitcoin Forum
August 04, 2024, 12:21:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Centerus to Accept Orders for Condo Mining Units Through KickStarter  (Read 1398 times)
flyonwall (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:26:47 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 12:05:05 PM by flyonwall

Soon we will be ready to accept orders for condo mining units through KickStarter.com. Here are some preliminary details:

1.The mining units will be based on Avalon Gen2 chips, rated at 1.5 GH per chip. This chip is readily available from Avalon at this time.

2. We will be placing an order for the chips even before the KickStarter sale ends, to ensure timely delivery.

3.The KickStarter campaign will last only ten (10) days.

4.Each mining unit will have 10 Gen2 chips, rated at 15 GH/s.

5.This is condo-style ownership only. We will not ship the units to buyers. Buyers will be able to setup their own units remotely, or if you are a newbie we can set it up for you.

6.You can mine Bitcoins or Peercoins with these condo units. You have complete control.

EDIT:
Correction - Each chip is capable of 1.5 GHs (not 1.0 GHs). So each card has a capacity of 15 GHs.

flyonwall (OP)

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:27:05 PM

Reserved.

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:35:34 PM

I'm sure we'll know pricing once the Kickstarter is up but any preliminary pricing details?
Also, what boards are you guys using?
flyonwall (OP)

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 10:54:58 PM

Yes, we have not as yet determined the pricing, but it will be less than $200 for each condo unit. We are setup to manufacture our own 10-chip design, but we may decide to include Drillbits' 16-chip design also.

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:06:32 AM

Ugh... Why would anyone buy 10gh? Your roi would be .04 of a coin if lucky..
flyonwall (OP)

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:14:14 PM

Compared to price per GH at cex.io, this is very reasonable. We will always price in dollars, not Bitcoin. (And by the way, it's not 1.0 GHs; that's wrong. It's 1.5 GHs per chip so the condo unit is rated at 15 GHs.)

Because the price is in dollars, a good strategy for beginners is as follows:
1. Buy one condo unit;
2. After a month or less, if earnings are good enough and Bitcoin price has gone up such that your earning IN DOLLARS are enough to buy another unit, then buy another unit. You have just doubled your capacity.
3. Repeat step 2 but do the calculations for doubling your current capacity. The objective is to double your capacity every month.

In 3 months you would have 8, on the fourth month 16, then 32, etc. Note that you do not add to your initial investment.

Ramhound

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:28:13 PM

Compared to price per GH at cex.io, this is very reasonable. We will always price in dollars, not Bitcoin. (And by the way, it's not 1.0 GHs; that's wrong. It's 1.5 GHs per chip so the condo unit is rated at 15 GHs.)

Because the price is in dollars, a good strategy for beginners is as follows:
1. Buy one condo unit;
2. After a month or less, if earnings are good enough and Bitcoin price has gone up such that your earning IN DOLLARS are enough to buy another unit, then buy another unit. You have just doubled your capacity.
3. Repeat step 2 but do the calculations for doubling your current capacity. The objective is to double your capacity every month.

In 3 months you would have 8, on the fourth month 16, then 32, etc. Note that you do not add to your initial investment.

So you suggest people put more money in their capacity despite the fact their intial capacity cannot and would not break even?
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:36:23 PM

Your preaching to the wrong crowd, develope these and put them on EBAY.

If you could have this in my hands tomorrow,
I could in a month generate $165.76
Let's ignore the fact that that will double shortly and I'll make half that if I'm lucky.
Than the new Asic generation hit's the market and I make $3 a month..

This is if I get the unit tomorrow..
Kickstarter, so at best maybe two months from now? So my ROI will be $10..

No one make's such small miner's any more. For that matter the chip's your speaking about are not even worth running at the current difficulty and power consumption.

If I could get these in hand tomorrow I'd MAYBE.. that's a big maybe, break even...

Just so everyone is aware of what they are pre-ordering

As for doubling my capacity?
The Rate of difficulty is est. to double.
SO I would spent $300 this month to generate $150. and than next month spend $300 to generate $150, and the month after I spend another $1200 to generate $450...
flyonwall (OP)

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 12:36:35 AM

Kickstarter has declined this project, so we have put up the order page on our own website: https://www.centerus.com/product/condo-mining-unit/

We spent a lot of time and money putting up a page in Kickstarter, only to be declined by Kickstarter management. But no problem! We can do a similar arrangement here: if we can’t sell 2,500 units of this product, this project will be cancelled, and you won’t be charged. It’s just not worth doing this if we don’t sell at least 2,500 units. If we reach 2,500 units, then just like in Kickstarter your payment will be processed, and the project proceeds. We’ve got all the PCB manufacturing, PCB assembly, and everything else lined up ready to go for this.

Without Kickstarter’s considerable fee, the price per unit is now $150 instead of $199. With this new low price, we have attained a price point that is almost competitive against KnCMiner’s shipped Neptune product. At only $10 per GHs, this product blows the share mining competition away (cex.io and others).

Pentel

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:30:06 PM

Hi, I would like to pay using PPC, but I don't understand this:
Step 1. From you Bitcoin/Peercoin wallet, copy the address from which you will be paying. (Make sure it is the address that will be used for payment.)

How do I find out the payment address I'll be using?
And:

Step 2. On this Cart page, paste the source address onto the Notes field of your order. (Look for the Order Notes field above, it is just above the “Your Order” summary.)

What would be the source address?

cross/\'kros/ n: a thing they nail people to. Vircurex - Exchnage
PGP Key
BM-NC5DsQck3UyTHFv3fKCMBprw7BNVHUwH
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: