Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this dude is out of business  (Read 3734 times)
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 04:25:15 AM

Go do some actual research and then try again OP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zebigfoot

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:15:32 AM

OP clearly is trolling through his posts - HK and China have totally different legal frameworks and a legal order passed in China DOES NOT automatically apply in HK.
So ASICMiner`s datacenter in HK is safe.... for now Cheesy

However, OP does raise a valid point in general : what about the mining rigs which are setup in the mainland, now that Yuan deposits are forbidden and only withdrawals are allowed ?
Will this cause any sale of second hand Chinese rig hardware due to negative outlook for BTC in China?
What impact will this have on the medium to small scale rigs (not everyone is as large as ASICMiner right?)

Would appreciate comments from everyone, especially experienced forum members and of course,
members from China and HK.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:09:19 PM

However, OP does raise a valid point in general : what about the mining rigs which are setup in the mainland, now that Yuan deposits are forbidden and only withdrawals are allowed ?

The largest (and largest number of) meetups the BTC universe will ever see. 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
zebigfoot

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:38:51 PM

basically, F2F and local exchanges are the way to go in China ?
Ramhound

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:25:13 PM

Again, China didn't ban bitcoin, it made impossible for people to buy it and for institutions to invest, people can still go down in the street and trade bitcoin or any other cryptos. To be honest I think China will come back on bitcoin and it will make possible to buy and invest with very strict rules

As already said, HK is not China, have a look...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

The price of BTC fell back as news came from China that government banks had begun blocking BTC transactions. This has put the currency’s Chinese future in danger in what had become its largest market.
It’s important to put this move in a regulatory context. Many banks in the US and other countries are leery of BTC transactions. Critics charge that this is because the financial industry believes BTC could replace it.
The difference between what’s happening in China and the way this has played out to date in the West is that US regulators haven’t banned Bitcoin altogether or levied special disclosure rules or other decisions against the currency. The SEC ordered Mt. Gox to follow the rules for a money service business (MSB).
China, on the other hand, has banned new third-party deposits altogether. It hasn’t banned the currency as such, but absent any new supply of coins from third-party systems, there’s no way for anyone to bring new BTC into the system. Customers are still able to purchase BTC with exchange-deposited funds, and can withdraw cash from exchanges to transfer back to their original bank accounts.

And my intention wasn't to start a flame China vs HK ! Don't Wikipedia on me, I don't like politics !  Smiley
I was just wondering about that mining installation, how useless it is now.  Grin

So your original post stated and I quote "China banned the Bitcoin" and you then indicate that people with the ability to mine do have the ability to sell their BTC.

So how exactly is the hardware in HK worthless?

Face it.  Your post isn't accurate.
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:31:06 PM

op made me lol Tongue
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:34:39 PM

After China banned the Bitcoin, this miner can find his huge coin-sucker useless:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/2/5165428/bitcoin-mine-in-hong-kong-uses-jelly-to-keep-cool

Do you fell any sorrow for him ?

He is not a miner, he is a journalist and it is not his mining farm.

the china rulings will not effect HK based businesses

I know he is a journalist  Cheesy
I asked about the owner of that mining installation. I have serious doubts that a common person can invest so much money or have so much technical expertise !
And like it or not, Hong Kong is part of China, so I expect that the Chinese ban of Bitcoin to be applied here too.

That bolded part is the top lulz of the thread Cheesy  That was the barb that really set the hook  Grin Kudos to the OP, made me smile.   Smiley

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:53:05 PM

how useless it is now.  Grin

Wrong on so many levels.  What's to stop them from hoping on a flight from Hong Kong to LA and selling the BTC for 5% less than market value to a whale investor?

No kidding Doc, it says in the article "The mine is the size of a shipping container," With that kind of density, what's to stop them from building a mine like that inside a shipping container? You could just pick up shop and go wherever you want. I'm sure it would be much lighter once it's drained of fluid for shipping.

Hell, here's a way for the military to fund itself, just place hundreds of these on an aircraft carrier (nuclear powered of course, you gonna need some serious juice Smiley and just float around in international waters... surrounded by the usual fleet of support vessels of course.

Hmm, a setup like that, if government decides to forcibly shut down and attack other farms and pools, and the gov't keeps mining on the bitcoin boat, that would likely be enough to perform the 51% attack.

Still, a mine in a seacan is a freakin' awesome idea, where do I pre-order?

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
crocko (OP)

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:58:36 PM

op... you are funny dude.  Cheesy

Wink

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Zeal0t

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

To the moon?

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:14:09 PM

Why would ASICMiner's facility be out of business? Even if Hong Kong had to oblige to China's laws they'd still be generating a ton of coin that can be turned into local currency somehow at the end of the month.

I vow never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling, spam, or to beg for handouts.
Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 04:40:55 AM

lol  Cheesy

GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:41:30 AM