Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:30:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this dude is out of business  (Read 3734 times)
crocko (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:52:04 PM

After China banned the Bitcoin, this miner can find his huge coin-sucker useless:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/2/5165428/bitcoin-mine-in-hong-kong-uses-jelly-to-keep-cool

Do you fell any sorrow for him ?

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ceyre

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:35:16 AM

Let's not forget that the U.S.A. had their moments of Bitcoin rejection.  So do most countries.

The Chinese will be back, more innovative in their investment strategies then before...
cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:37:34 AM

That's why hong kong people are cool!

I dont think china will lift the ban.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:15:46 AM

After China banned the Bitcoin, this miner can find his huge coin-sucker useless:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/2/5165428/bitcoin-mine-in-hong-kong-uses-jelly-to-keep-cool

Hong Kong isn't really China. They have autonomous government, elections and laws. Bitcoin hasn't been banned in HK.

And by the way, it's ASICMINER's datacenter :-)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:17:33 AM

OP is fail

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:18:16 AM

He is not a miner, he is a journalist and it is not his mining farm.

the china rulings will not effect HK based businesses
crocko (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:33:08 AM

I know he is a journalist  Cheesy
I asked about the owner of that mining installation. I have serious doubts that a common person can invest so much money or have so much technical expertise !
And like it or not, Hong Kong is part of China, so I expect that the Chinese ban of Bitcoin to be applied here too.

BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:35:31 AM

they have not "banned" bitcoin, you are spreading FUD

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:36:36 AM

I know he is a journalist  Cheesy
I asked about the owner of that mining installation. I have serious doubts that a common person can invest so much money or have so much technical expertise !
And like it or not, Hong Kong is part of China, so I expect that the Chinese ban of Bitcoin to be applied here too.

The constitutional framework for the legal system is provided by the Hong Kong Basic Law. Under the principle of ‘one country, two systems’, the legal framework of Hong Kong is based on the English common law, supplemented by local legislation. The statute law is collected in a compilation called the Laws of Hong Kong. As a Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China, the Hong Kong legal system is significantly different from that of the People's Republic of China (PRC).
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:30:55 AM

Hong Kong is still more British than it is Chinese.  But, hey, don't let facts get in the way of a forum thread.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:01:21 PM

Do you even know how bitcoin works?

crocko (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

they have not "banned" bitcoin, you are spreading FUD

Bitcoin remains legal to use in China, and the People Central Bank Of China is standing by an announcement that individuals are free to trade it at their own risk. But without banned 3rd party payment providers, new purchases of the currency are virtually impossible.
I was just wondering what the owner of this giant mining installation will do in to the future in these conditions.

crocko (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:06:17 PM

enlightens us  Smiley

nastybit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:13:02 PM

Again, China didn't ban bitcoin, it made impossible for people to buy it and for institutions to invest, people can still go down in the street and trade bitcoin or any other cryptos. To be honest I think China will come back on bitcoin and it will make possible to buy and invest with very strict rules

As already said, HK is not China, have a look...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:26:22 PM

enlightens us  Smiley

To keep it simple.
Bitcoin is like a virus.
Once it got traction, it can't be stopped.
Almost everyone new to this virus will panic and sell when a pricedrop occurs and buy it later back at a higher price.
Untill you get to know this virus better, you will probably loose.
They will still mine in China and sell the coins over here like they always did before BTC China become the biggest exchange in the world by not accepting tradings fee.
Really smart marketings move from BTC China.

crocko (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:49:50 PM

Again, China didn't ban bitcoin, it made impossible for people to buy it and for institutions to invest, people can still go down in the street and trade bitcoin or any other cryptos. To be honest I think China will come back on bitcoin and it will make possible to buy and invest with very strict rules

The price of BTC fell back as news came from China that government banks had begun blocking BTC transactions. This has put the currency’s Chinese future in danger in what had become its largest market.
It’s important to put this move in a regulatory context. Many banks in the US and other countries are leery of BTC transactions. Critics charge that this is because the financial industry believes BTC could replace it.
The difference between what’s happening in China and the way this has played out to date in the West is that US regulators haven’t banned Bitcoin altogether or levied special disclosure rules or other decisions against the currency. The SEC ordered Mt. Gox to follow the rules for a money service business (MSB).
China, on the other hand, has banned new third-party deposits altogether. It hasn’t banned the currency as such, but absent any new supply of coins from third-party systems, there’s no way for anyone to bring new BTC into the system. Customers are still able to purchase BTC with exchange-deposited funds, and can withdraw cash from exchanges to transfer back to their original bank accounts.

And my intention wasn't to start a flame China vs HK ! Don't Wikipedia on me, I don't like politics !  Smiley
I was just wondering about that mining installation, how useless it is now.  Grin

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:15:36 PM

The price of BTC fell back as news came from China that government banks had begun blocking BTC transactions. This has put the currency’s Chinese future in danger in what had become its largest market.
It’s important to put this move in a regulatory context. Many banks in the US and other countries are leery of BTC transactions. Critics charge that this is because the financial industry believes BTC could replace it.
The difference between what’s happening in China and the way this has played out to date in the West is that US regulators haven’t banned Bitcoin altogether or levied special disclosure rules or other decisions against the currency. The SEC ordered Mt. Gox to follow the rules for a money service business (MSB).
China, on the other hand, has banned new third-party deposits altogether. It hasn’t banned the currency as such, but absent any new supply of coins from third-party systems, there’s no way for anyone to bring new BTC into the system. Customers are still able to purchase BTC with exchange-deposited funds, and can withdraw cash from exchanges to transfer back to their original bank accounts.

And my intention wasn't to start a flame China vs HK ! Don't Wikipedia on me, I don't like politics !  Smiley
I was just wondering about that mining installation, how useless it is now.  Grin

Wrong on so many levels.  What's to stop them from hoping on a flight from Hong Kong to LA and selling the BTC for 5% less than market value to a whale investor?
elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:26:53 PM

Basically it is not useless now, as stated several times in this thread HK is not China.
China have made no ruling on mining bitcoin or producing hardware, they can mine and when they need to sell, do so another exchange...
sorry to say but your post was pointless and some simple research and rational thinking based on the current information available you could have figured it out.....
wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:53:16 PM

How is he out of business, this is ASICMINER (Friedcats farm) that was paid for with investor and consumer money who have been buying his asic products since March. The guy is rolling in the coins, you have no clue.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:27:58 PM

op is going on my ignore list

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: