Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold vs. Market Timing : Which is Better?  (Read 445 times)
mia khalifa

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:31:20 AM

I prefer to take advantage of the right timing timing at the exchange rather than just holding back the capital you have in just 1 coin it's better to apply daily trading in order to give you huge profits.
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:41:06 AM

I prefer to pay attention to market time because I only have limited capital while I want to be able to result in a short time if I buy continue to hold and wait in a long time I was less patient because of btc I also need to meet my financial needs in term short, but if later I've got a lot of capital I'll try that way to buy and hold it I'm just preparing for my old days later
hongtham

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:49:13 AM

It depends on the property.
For example, bitcoin (BTC) and ETH hold better than time
Other types can be on time for sale, to make a profit

GOLD Stablecoin https://gold.storage/
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:55:08 AM

if in my opinion a better bitcoin Bali then hold it. than we have to sell it directly. because investing in bitcoin has nothing to lose. even bitcoin is the right choice for long term investment .
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:09:26 AM

To my mind. the best strategy is combining the retention of purchased coins or tokens, and their periodic sale and purchase on the market. Pure hold on the crypto currency is not always effective, sometimes coins and tokens return to the same price positions after a certain time, where they were earlier. Therefore, it is best to use combined tactics: with explicit price rises, sell at least half of these coins, and when they drop significantly in price - buy them again. So you can greatly increase your profits. Such tactics do not require significant effort and time, but are very effective.
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:12:56 AM

Buy and hold.has been much better for me. I consider good entry point backed up with good FA, then hold firm to get a massive profit at he top.

Buy and hold strategies are often recommended for long-term investors who have time to ride out the ups and downs in the markets over a period of years. They are also typically appropriate for novice or uneducated investors who do not understand the markets but still need long-term growth or income.

Market timing strategies may work in any time frame as long as the market is timed correctly. This, of course, does not always happen, and no timing strategy has ever shown itself to be foolproof.

Which investment strategy do you prefer?

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:26:38 AM

If need to buy and hold. Time is important for this process. People will be gather information from market place. It good future investment. So before buy check the market price. Then get some ideas for time to buy and hold the coin. If hold the coin follow the market coin price. Market price list help to gather more information. So it time to acct and time to complete the process. People. Market place is help to get more information for the all coin price. So it easy to choose for buy and hold the coins. If price will be buy on time. Then hold and wait for the price increase then sell it.
Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:08:19 AM

Just like stocks, frequent trading can be more expensive, correct?   
greenpath

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:22:04 AM

Even the expert sometimes failed in their particular expertise. Buy and hold is not a problem even the time is wrong or right to move. The issue that I think we should focus is what the situation that the person can have more advantages and not more in disadvantages. Melt of income is possible if we stick in just one strategy. Anyway we should also have bright mind to deal in not expected thing because change happens. We should learn to be flexible in holding, buying and timing.
dirham99

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:08:34 AM

Buy and hold strategies are often recommended for long-term investors who have time to ride out the ups and downs in the markets over a period of years. They are also typically appropriate for novice or uneducated investors who do not understand the markets but still need long-term growth or income.

Market timing strategies may work in any time frame as long as the market is timed correctly. This, of course, does not always happen, and no timing strategy has ever shown itself to be foolproof.

I personally prefer buy on the right time then hold it. If you profesional you can use market timing or daily trading. because I am newbie, I prefer buy and hold.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:13:06 AM

Maybe I will hold 50% of my bitcoin and then the other 50% for trading. Trading is always good as long as you are wise to do it in the market. I mean it is better to trade in order to gain more profit but it needs a very good timing so we need to be updated as always when do tradings in order to know when to buy and when to sell our coins.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:17:53 AM

Both are important if you want to make more profits,I will say long term hold is the best investment that can give you more benefits but when you are investing is also a matter,you need to buy bitcoin when it is in red to get more benefits.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:26:07 AM

Its hard to timing the market because this market is open everyday and the price can easily change for every news you will heard. Better to buy good coins and hold on it by that strategy you don't need to stressed yourself from reading the market.

hold and fyi there's no such thing as timing in crypto market, just get it as you're gutted!

Well, those who can timing the market is not normal for sure, but we can actually wait for some dump but still its not guaranteed.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:30:37 AM

I always prepared for a second choice and for me Buy and Hold and Market timing is good both choice strategy. The buy and hold strategy is very applicable for the long time period of investment and through this, your money is sleeping for a long time and you need an alternative option to earn money continuously. To do earn continuously you need an alternative investment and Market timing is the good strategy. The market timing is riding to the market cap price movement through close monitoring in short-term of investment.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:37:54 AM

For safety and minimal risk, I prefer to buy and hold. For me, market timing is actually not based on facts, it is like one stumbling on an opportunity and making use of it at the very moment. Market timing may be good timing or bad timing and if embarked upon, one has to take caution.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:48:21 AM

Buy and hold is for thus who don't have enough experience in trading and this is the best option but for traders they will go for market timing or they can do a day to day trading.
Cryptolover8

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:58:41 AM

I Think Hold.Hold is best.Maximum Crypto Lover Like Hold.Some Crypto Love Like Trade.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:19:41 AM

i will choose to split half for buy and hold (long-term investment) and the rest of my capital ill use for the market timing (short-term investment). in this case my buy and hold invesment should be coin or token that have a good prospect in the future. of course i really need a serious analysis about the project and market situation, and keep watching on the issue that blow up out there. meanwhile, the short-term investment is really risky, so ill use a capital that is ready to lose from my wallet.
Dingdongjl

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:20:50 AM

It is more profitable to do trading but it is also more risky than holding and aside from that if you do trading you need to spend so much time. It is hard to manage trading mostly to other people who has other jobs or schooling.

Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:23:23 AM

I personally think a combination of strategies is the best option.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: