Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:10:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase?  (Read 1593 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:28:10 AM

Can anyone vouch for them? Am I able to setup an account and transfer my multibit wallet there?  Thanks

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:58:03 AM

i personally like coinbase. very easy to use
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:00:55 AM

i personally like coinbase. very easy to use

Can I transfer my multibit wallet to coinbase? Thanks

djbrooks111

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:36:42 AM

You can very easily transfer in and out of Coinbase.  In your Account Settings page within you Coinbase dashboard, you can find your wallet address, which you can create more of if needed.  Their send/receive features are very easy to use.  Coinbase is the first and only place that I bought BTCs from.
grandfinale

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:43:28 AM

coinbase rocks for us users
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:46:33 AM

You can very easily transfer in and out of Coinbase.  In your Account Settings page within you Coinbase dashboard, you can find your wallet address, which you can create more of if needed.  Their send/receive features are very easy to use.  Coinbase is the first and only place that I bought BTCs from.

So I would have a coinbase wallet and my multibit and I can send to and from each other? Also to sell BTC for USD do I need to setup a merchant account or can I do it with a basic, thank you so much!

Michael Robinson

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:53:45 AM

Use Coinbase at your own risk.  I was able to make a very large purchase when Bitcoins were over $1,000, but since then they have rejected all three of my buy orders at a lower price, despite coming from the same bank account I verified and made my first purchase from.  I also see numerous complaints on Reddit and Youtube anytime they are mentioned.  For some people they have been fine, for others they have had major problems. 

Also, if you log in and click "Support" at this time, you are taken to a 403 Error page. 

Just be careful.
sheldonkennedy

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 04:19:01 AM

Another coinbase user here. I absolutely love them! They also just got another $25M in investment if I recall. Great company.
ScripterRon

Activity: 136
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:21:24 AM

So I would have a coinbase wallet and my multibit and I can send to and from each other? Also to sell BTC for USD do I need to setup a merchant account or can I do it with a basic, thank you so much!
You don't need a merchant account to  buy and sell bitcoins.  You can send coins from Coinbase to your MultiBit wallet and vice versa.  I think it is a good idea to send the coins you purchase on Coinbase immediately to your wallet (Coinbase pays the miner fee for you).  That way, you have them safe and secure in case anything happens (hackers, bankruptcy, whatever).
DT3

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:24:33 AM

coinbase is great if your in the US
happigirl

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:44:37 AM

I started with Coinbase, as it was easy to get an account set up. I have no complaints about them as a service, except their strict limitations on buying and selling and fees. As a newbie you can only buy up to 10 BitCoins per day and only sell 50. It takes at least 30 days to be able to buy up to 50 or to buy at instant speeds instead of waiting 4 days. For buying and holding this is fine, but for daytraders they are impossible hurdles. Also, they have 1.0% transaction fees on both buying and selling.

If you are willing to do the paperwork and wait a couple of days for approval and for your funds to be wired, you can trade without limitation and even with leverage on a margin and short coins on Bitfinex. Neither site ran off with my money or coins, so far Wink.
Perspicacity

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:48:12 AM

I can tell you my experience with Coinbase, and it is lousy. 

On Dec. 10th I placed an order with them for .30btc, after following all their procedures to the letter and linking my bank account.  The order became "pending" on Dec. 12th, and on Dec. 16th the order was cancelled.  The reason given was that the transaction was cancelled because it was "high risk", meaning, according to their definitions, a reversable transaction because the funds came from a bank withdrawal.  Now, according to that definition, since any bank-withdrawal-based transaction is by their thinking "reversable", that would mean all bank-linked transactions would be "high-risk" and therefore Coinbase shouldn't even allow that option.

Of course, it doesn't end there.  ALL attempts at communication, through their site and through e-mail support are ignored.  You can open a case on their site, but of course the case is also ignored.  So I spent $291, Coinbase took it, cancelled the transaction, has my money and will not respond to any attempt at contact.

This is not some angry rant.  This is a factual account of my interaction with Coinbase.  I will give them a bit more time to refund my money, and then I will contact the California State Attorney General's office to try to initiate proceedings against them. 

However this turns out, Coinbase's conduct in this matter, and their cavalier lack of conduct, is at best thoroughly unprofessional and at worst actionable.
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:03:34 AM

Thanks everyone!!

happigirl

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:27:53 AM

On Dec. 10th I placed an order with them for .30btc, after following all their procedures to the letter and linking my bank account.  The order became "pending" on Dec. 12th, and on Dec. 16th the order was cancelled.  The reason given was that the transaction was cancelled because it was "high risk", meaning, according to their definitions, a reversable transaction because the funds came from a bank withdrawal.  Now, according to that definition, since any bank-withdrawal-based transaction is by their thinking "reversable", that would mean all bank-linked transactions would be "high-risk" and therefore Coinbase shouldn't even allow that option.

Of course, it doesn't end there.  ALL attempts at communication, through their site and through e-mail support are ignored.  You can open a case on their site, but of course the case is also ignored.  So I spent $291, Coinbase took it, cancelled the transaction, has my money and will not respond to any attempt at contact.

This is not some angry rant.  This is a factual account of my interaction with Coinbase.  I will give them a bit more time to refund my money, and then I will contact the California State Attorney General's office to try to initiate proceedings against them. 

However this turns out, Coinbase's conduct in this matter, and their cavalier lack of conduct, is at best thoroughly unprofessional and at worst actionable.

Out of curiosity, what bank where you using? I've heard that some US banks are stopping people's transfers to Bitcoin exchanges. I think I heard Chase was one of them. I used Bank of America and my transfer went through fine. I did still have to wait 4 business days to get my coins though, even after the money cleared my account Sad.
amidvidy

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:30:13 AM

Coinbase is probably the most reputable company that deals with BitCoin. Right now they are going through massive user growth, so they may be slow to help you in the case that their software acts erroneously. However, to the best of my knowledge, many people who have vocally complained loudly about some issue with them have gotten their issues resolved, albeit a bit slower than they would have liked.
Perspicacity

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:39:56 AM

Out of curiosity, what bank where you using? I've heard that some US banks are stopping people's transfers to Bitcoin exchanges. I think I heard Chase was one of them. I used Bank of America and my transfer went through fine. I did still have to wait 4 business days to get my coins though, even after the money cleared my account Sad.

Charter One, and the transfer went through just fine, the money was debited from my account, and Coinbase still has it.
Perspicacity

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:46:21 AM

Coinbase is probably the most reputable company that deals with BitCoin. Right now they are going through massive user growth, so they may be slow to help you in the case that their software acts erroneously. However, to the best of my knowledge, many people who have vocally complained loudly about some issue with them have gotten their issues resolved, albeit a bit slower than they would have liked.

"Coinbase is probably the most reputable company that deals with Bitcoin"...according to who?  Perhaps some would want us to believe that Coinbase is the only alternative out there, and perhaps there are employees of Coinbase who post here, but as I stated, these are facts.  Sorry, but the fact is, Coinbase sucks.

And, Coinbase supporter, would you care to explain to me why all attempts at communication over the past three g*d* days are ignored?  Yeah, that's so reputable...
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:52:57 AM

"Coinbase is probably the most reputable company that deals with Bitcoin"...according to who?  Perhaps some would want us to believe that Coinbase is the only alternative out there, and perhaps there are employees of Coinbase who post here, but as I stated, these are facts.  Sorry, but the fact is, Coinbase sucks.

And, Coinbase supporter, would you care to explain to me why all attempts at communication over the past three g*d* days are ignored?  Yeah, that's so reputable...

Probably because they are dealing with the market frenzy which is going on right now. It sucks but you might want to contact your bank and let them know whats going on...

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:55:58 AM

Thanks for everyone's reply I will sign up tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:58:02 AM

havent had an issue so far but i wouldnt keep too much money in any one place
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: