Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:39:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new newbie  (Read 452 times)
Oakd009 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:55:03 AM

Hey Guys,

I've been researching bit coins for the past few days and can't believe how much things change on a daily basis. I'm considering to start mining, but yet so many people say that it's almost impossible. I've seen a bunch of units that are capable of doing 550 gh/s but are selling for 10k plus. With bit coin values dropping, I'm assuming my roi would be at least a couple weeks if bitcoin values stayed the same. In the past I've invested in stocks and sometimes have done well. Bitcoins is definitely enticing, I'm just trying to get in the right way. It looks like knc will be coming out with neptunes in a few months but their preorders sold out? 3th/s sounds pretty good, but diff level always increasing won't it be the same efficiency as the 550gh/s are today?
thelectronicnub

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:02:21 AM

You'll never make a ROI on the most expensive ASIC at the current exchange, if you want to make money off of BTC, buy it when its low, sell when it's high. You said you used to trade stocks, so you should be experienced.  Tongue
malumeze86

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:22:16 AM

You'll never make a ROI on the most expensive ASIC at the current exchange, if you want to make money off of BTC, buy it when its low, sell when it's high. You said you used to trade stocks, so you should be experienced.  Tongue

I agree.  There's not much to be made mininig at the current difficulty.  Personally, I've given up mining for myself.

I sell short term mining contracts on eBay and make four times what I would if I kept the BTC for myself. 

Sorry to be a bummer, it just doesn't seem like a good time to get into mining.   Undecided

1EaEzvenWz2nXNQxEyQmkHhfSKxpXeRsyD
Oakd009 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:44:29 PM

I just remember how much I hated volatility. One day I would be doing great and then bam. I eventually got into options and that pretty much whiped me out. I trusted a friend that supposedly knew what he was doing lol. That's one lesson I learned for the rest of my life. Do you guys think that I were able to get my hands on a unit that does 3th/s like in the next month or two would that make any sense? I know many gave up hope on mining and it makes sense why, but I guess I'm just hopefully that I might find a miner with greater capacity soon, hopefully without getting scammed lol.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:52:46 PM

Pretty much no.  The Neptune isn't even available until Q1 or Q2 of next year, and they are only taking orders from past customers atm, so the chances you will get a machine in January, that might not even ship until May/June is pretty much impossible.  And since you're not a past customer, I would expect you would be lucky to see one before Summer/Fall.  That is unless your willing to pay about 3-4X the going price and buy them off some lucky person who got one early and are selling it on ebay.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: