Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:19:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING Cryptsy exchange is a Scam site  (Read 4774 times)
Coinler (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:23:16 AM

if you trade there you will face the nightmare of having your coins sent into negative, traded at higher than order cost. trades sold/bought multiple times, the support does not tend to tickets.. they just close them when you open them. there is no support, you get no answers.. and when your coins go missing they tell you to buy it back.

if you dont believe me, then go and deposit your btc there and try to trade.. but remember you were warned. it wont take more than a few hrs for u to start experiencing mild problems and as u trade more the problems will increase. your deposits will stay frozen in every event until the value of a good trade item goes down. and finally, you will have many problems withdrawing if you fall into theire 'negative balance' trap.

the system as mentioned before will push an order through multiple times and send your btc account into negative, u will then be banned from withdrawing your coins until u rectify the negative. even if it means selling back the stock at half price. which is just about when the order will go thru after not showing in your open orders all day.

I believe the site should be investigated because the level of incompetence is far above amazing.. if u want.. go and see for yourself at their support channel on irc.freenode.net.

I advise all to proceed with extreme caution. but even that can result in your deposits being stolen and never being credited to your account even though they are shown deposited on the blockchain.

believe me when i tell you.. im not exaggerating in the slightest.. and that site needs to be looked at by someone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:34:01 AM

What is the difference between a buggy site that isn't being run as well as it could be ...

... and a site run by a sinister Dr Evil who is out to harm everyone?

The difference is paranoia on the part of the observer.   And a tinfoil hat.

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:36:00 AM

if you trade there you will face the nightmare of having your coins sent into negative, traded at higher than order cost. trades sold/bought multiple times, the support does not tend to tickets.. they just close them when you open them. there is no support, you get no answers.. and when your coins go missing they tell you to buy it back.

if you dont believe me, then go and deposit your btc there and try to trade.. but remember you were warned. it wont take more than a few hrs for u to start experiencing mild problems and as u trade more the problems will increase. your deposits will stay frozen in every event until the value of a good trade item goes down. and finally, you will have many problems withdrawing if you fall into theire 'negative balance' trap.

the system as mentioned before will push an order through multiple times and send your btc account into negative, u will then be banned from withdrawing your coins until u rectify the negative. even if it means selling back the stock at half price. which is just about when the order will go thru after not showing in your open orders all day.

I believe the site should be investigated because the level of incompetence is far above amazing.. if u want.. go and see for yourself at their support channel on irc.freenode.net.

I advise all to proceed with extreme caution. but even that can result in your deposits being stolen and never being credited to your account even though they are shown deposited on the blockchain.

believe me when i tell you.. im not exaggerating in the slightest.. and that site needs to be looked at by someone.

Call the Bitcoin Police quick! lol

tsumeone

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:44:57 AM

IDK why this isn't in altcoin forum.

OP needs to understand that the govt considers this to be monopoly money unless US dollars are changing hands.  No one in the US govt cares.  No one in FL govt cares.  If Cryptsy is not working for you, go somewhere else.  It sucks but that's life.
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:02:50 AM

Hmm, ive had a few problems and so have people I know in the forum.. Undecided
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:19:34 AM

You wouldn't have this problem if you were HODLING!!!!!

Coinler (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:24:07 AM

it's obviously nowhere to trade for anyone who is serious about trading. might be run by highschool kids because they really cant get anything right for months.
Thorgrim

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 05:09:33 AM

They should have taken steps to stop new sign ups weeks ago when they started to have these problems until they got there system ungraded properly. Instead they decided to keep increasing volume to make more money. It's not criminal but it is stupid.

Just don't do business with them until they sort their shit out.

I haven't used them in weeks.

solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:41:32 AM

Sounds like you messed up by setting multiple asks even before your balances were rectified.

They do have a slow turn around time when cancelling orders, and as to your claim to their incompetence, I believe you should turn the mirror on yourself before casting the first stone.

Coinler (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:23:20 AM

Sounds like you messed up by setting multiple asks even before your balances were rectified.

They do have a slow turn around time when cancelling orders, and as to your claim to their incompetence, I believe you should turn the mirror on yourself before casting the first stone.

you want to go there, then fine. actually it isnt me that had the issue so much but the multiple users complaining about it. they sent some guys into negative btc which they were unable to pay their way out of. they totally ruin the trading experience for beginners, throwing them in the red, taking their small change and kicking them off the system basically since they can no longer withdraw disheartened.

question.. why does cryptsy even allow users to go into negative balance. seems very much like a ploy, if the system doesnt allow loans, then why is it even possible.

next incompetence is abound in the lack of support. just ask my diamonds which i sent to cryptsy 3 days ago. ive been begging for support and launched multiple tickets until my patience ran out. every day i went to support and asked for help every couple hrs and either noone was there or whoever was there couldnt do anything and every single new day they pretend they never heard about 'disappearing diamonds' issue and its the first time im speaking to them about it. and the diamonds are sitting right there in the block chain showing deposited at cryptsy address.. in 3 days they couldnt rectify this and the price of DMD has since dropped in half.

my diamonds are still awol even though support assured me it would be sorted out as soon as the sync was finished. i suppose a sync takes more than 12 hrs. but really they have no intention of giving me my diamonds back as far as im concerned. 3-4 days for a diamonds deposit is not incompetence.. u may be right. it's something else.

Hoffman

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:38:14 PM

They audited my account for .05 BTC, no explanation when asked.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:48:08 PM

Hmm, ive had a few problems and so have people I know in the forum.. Undecided

I would be willing to bet that none of you have taken the time to contact support and just gotten ignored.

If you have, and can prove it, then I stand corrected.

But I sent a whiney, irritating email to them when their site was being slow.  It didn't even deserve a response.

They replied anyways, 4 days later, profusely apologizing.  I was already over it.  But here they were, taking the time to reply anyways.

He said they had over 8,500 inbox requests to go through still ...

If you have proof that you've been "scammed" then you should all post your email chain and prove that nothing has been done, and your coins were stolen.

Just posting that its a scam with nothing backing it ..... the devil is in the details.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
ballot

Activity: 969
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:45:12 PM

i see people call cryptsy is scammer also btc-e and ofc mt.gox too
some of say if they dont refund me i may be a homeless

u people really scare me i never use my own wallets  Roll Eyes
Bitcoin Scammer

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 07:15:30 AM

Damn, tough thread to read about all or nothing people. Don't play the bitcoin game if you can't afford it

DON'T GET SCAMMED, CHECK FIRST = Bitcoinscammers.com
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:49:23 PM

i see people call cryptsy is scammer also btc-e and ofc mt.gox too
some of say if they dont refund me i may be a homeless

u people really scare me i never use my own wallets  Roll Eyes

LOL if you put all your money in bitcoin YOLO style you'll die poor and homeless since you lack basic financial skills.

I've been on Cryptsy and yes they are buggy but all my tickets have been resolved.
Sometimes you go negative because you've sold your coins twice and they correct it during audits.

BTC-e on the othehand stole 2BTC from my coworker. No withdrawl mail, no nothing and his money got traded to LTC and transferred to an account with 50000 LTC. Since he had multiple passwords (different for mail and BTC-e it is unlikely that a hacker had both passwords).

Anyhow the basic rule applies. Only put money into an exchange that you are willing to lose (incl. stolen). I put >80% of my coins in cold storage aka paperwallet.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:03:35 PM

I put >80% of my coins in cold storage aka paperwallet.

me too, but only with btc. And since i like to play with crypto-crapcoins but unwilling to install a cryptocrapclient for each one, my solution is to spread the risk and the crapcoins among a number of exchanges, which are hopefully unlikely to fail/scam all at the same time.
dingoKoin

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:43:03 PM

I join OP in his warning. I have experienced first hand exactly what he has described.

- half of the trade carried out (BTC for LTC)
- the other half carried out the next day way above my limit (when I had already transferred my funds out)
- BTC account in negative as result of the trade
- unknowingly, i transferred some new alt coins to my account but afterwards couldn't withdraw them because my BTC account was in the negative
- ticket opened three days ago, no reply

Moral of the story: I end up owing Cryptsy BTC and my altcoins are held hostage as long as I'm in negative.

I'd seriously advise anybody *NOT* to trade at Cryptsy's. It will ruin your time and cause you many worries. And when you think your troubles are over it, you will discover new ones. 

Lots of people seem to excuse Cryptsy because of technical issues. If this were the case they'd be so incompetent to deserve to be out of business. I, like OP, believe on the other hand that Cryptsy is a scamming site, stealing people out of their coins. You have been warned.

solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:26:59 PM

you want to go there, then fine. actually it isnt me that had the issue so much but the multiple users complaining about it. they sent some guys into negative btc which they were unable to pay their way out of. they totally ruin the trading experience for beginners, throwing them in the red, taking their small change and kicking them off the system basically since they can no longer withdraw disheartened.

question.. why does cryptsy even allow users to go into negative balance. seems very much like a ploy, if the system doesnt allow loans, then why is it even possible.

next incompetence is abound in the lack of support. just ask my diamonds which i sent to cryptsy 3 days ago. ive been begging for support and launched multiple tickets until my patience ran out. every day i went to support and asked for help every couple hrs and either noone was there or whoever was there couldnt do anything and every single new day they pretend they never heard about 'disappearing diamonds' issue and its the first time im speaking to them about it. and the diamonds are sitting right there in the block chain showing deposited at cryptsy address.. in 3 days they couldnt rectify this and the price of DMD has since dropped in half.

my diamonds are still awol even though support assured me it would be sorted out as soon as the sync was finished. i suppose a sync takes more than 12 hrs. but really they have no intention of giving me my diamonds back as far as im concerned. 3-4 days for a diamonds deposit is not incompetence.. u may be right. it's something else.

Please format, and then I might read your wall of incoherent drivel.
meade16

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:17:09 AM

The site is slow and buggy, I had litecoins disappear then magically reappear.
#R#a#u#t#e#

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:11:58 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 02:24:41 PM by #R#a#u#t#e#

I realy dont underestand why so many people still using the site..

They collect fees from customers and dont offer anything in return! (eg. a working site or customer support)
Instead of dealing with their problems and bugs (they obviously have a lot), they are adding a new coin almost dayly. This clearly shows what they care about, profit!

This is pretty mutch the definition of SCAM...

In my Opinion they badly damaging the crypto community. I vote for scammer tag!

Also the poor excuses: lag, server overload, victom of own success... 
Please take a look at the cost for computing power, if you buy decent server hardware for lets say a month of cryptsys income.... you would handle that hand full of users without noticeable load!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: