Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:12:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blade Erupter questions  (Read 648 times)
bode (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:38:16 AM

Hi,
  I, of course, am new to mining.  I have one ASICMiner Blade and I have been successful at mining for a whopping 2.5 days!  Yay!  Here are my questions, sorry if they are repeats but its hard to search when you have a lot of questions and keep getting stopped due to frequent searches.

When I first powered up my blade the efficiency went up over 160%.  I have a 10GH/s blade and it reported it was running at 16GH/s.  After a 2-3 hours it slowly decreased on its own and seemed to settle around 10GH/s.  I was mining using the GHash.io pool and the chart shows that I mined for a period of about 8 hours without any issues, no stales, no rejects and I kept watching the blade config page and my efficiency was always between 102-105%.  After about 8 hours I started to get stales, my efficiency dropped to an average of 95% and I am getting rejects.  I have rebooted the blade, I think it is getting adequate cooling and I tried another pool with similar averages.  I have read that some stales and rejects are normal, which is fine it doesnt seem like a high %, but I wonder why I had none for the first 8 hours of mining and now all of a sudden they are fairly frequent.  Is this normal?  What's a normal efficiency? 

Thanks in advance

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:39:53 AM

its pretty normal. the reasons for them can vary and it all comes down to luck. ghash.io isnt the best pool around as it can go up and down alot. there more focused on there own gear running than other miners. 98% is very common with blades and most settle very very close to it

bode (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:23:54 PM

Thanks... What I have done is ran Ghash.io for 24 hours, then btcguild, and I have 3 more picked out that I am going to run each for 24 hours to see the return.  so far I am on the 3rd pool and ghash.io has yeilded the highest return but shows the highest number of stales and rejects.

I read through the pool threads but my head is spinning... do you have a recommendation on what pools are decent?
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:17:14 PM

bitminter.com (Stable good layouts and probably the best pool out there currently)
mining.bitcoin.cz (AKA Slushes Pool)

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:34:28 PM

ozco.in - Excellent IRC community, reliable ops. Got hurt by a (in my opinion likely malicious) string of bad luck but rebounding. Active stratum and getwork nodes on three continents.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:02:21 PM

Thanks... What I have done is ran Ghash.io for 24 hours, then btcguild, and I have 3 more picked out that I am going to run each for 24 hours to see the return.  so far I am on the 3rd pool and ghash.io has yeilded the highest return but shows the highest number of stales and rejects.

I read through the pool threads but my head is spinning... do you have a recommendation on what pools are decent?

24 hours isn't really a good sample. Luck can have too much of an impact. The pools all run pretty much the same over all. Find one where you like the interface and is easiest for you to understand. Personally, I use Slush & BTCguild.
bode (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:12:33 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback... I will keep shifting around a bit more to see how things pan out.  (pun intended) Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: