Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 10:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The first Bitcoin Solar mining device coming soon - SolarMiner USB2 machine  (Read 9870 times)
solarminer.com (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:42:53 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 03:32:27 PM by solarminer.com

SolarMiner USB2

Green Mining! Green economy!
No more expensive electricity cost, Let's use the Sunlight!

Outdoor Bitcoin/Litecoin mining package:

• SolarMiner box with 16 USB 2.0 ports connected to Raspberry Pi B, 4GB SSD
  • Three Monocrystalline Solar Panels, Batteries of 60,000mAh in total.
  • Ethernet cable and in-box WiFi dongle.

https://i.imgur.com/HuPJI86.jpg

Compatible ASIC Devices:

• Block Erupter USB 334MH/s
  • Bi•Fury 5+ GH/s
  • RedFury 2.7GH/s
  • BlueFury 2.7GH/s
  • NanoFury 2.5GH/s
  • TerraHash 4.5 GH/s Modular
  • If you have a device that can be powered by USB 2.0 standard, we are glad to list your device in here

https://i.imgur.com/miZCaxS.jpg

Compatible FPGA Devices:

• Xilinx Spartan-6
  • ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15x
  • Icarus
  • If you have a device that can be powered by USB 2.0 standard, we are glad to list your device in here

Machine Specs:

• Mainboard: Raspberry Pi B with 4GB SD card
  • USB Ports: 16 USB 2.0 Ports connected to Pi.
  • Connections: Ethernet socket, in-box WiFi dongle
  • Batteries: Total of 60,000mAh
  • Solar Panels: 3 Monocrystalline Solar Panels, 5 Amp (peak)

https://i.imgur.com/TewybXj.jpg

What is the fastest mining speed this can power?

It depends on the mining device you plugged in. There are total of 16 USB 2.0 ports, 14 of them with power of 5V 500mA by default (max current can draw is 0.75A each, and that will limit the currents in other USB ports), and 2 of them to power cooling devices in 5V 300mA each.

With 14 of the BlueFury/RedFury 2.7GH/s USB miners, you are getting around 37GH/s. When sunlight is not available at night, you could continue mining by changing the power supply to wall sockets, giving you a 24 hours continuous mining every day.

Who are we?

Located in Ottawa, Canada is the leader of solar-crypto-currencies power manufacturer. SolarMiner is the only manufacturer in PV manufacturing and power managements dedicated to Bitcoin/Litecoin minings as well as other potential crypto-currencies.

Our mission is to turn crypto-currency mining into an affordable and sustainable green economy for everyone to be able to contribute, and benefit from mining! We are also building a stronger community not only to serve our customers but also for people to exchange ideas and solutions.

Let us be your most trusted partner and let us change the world together!

So, what's the price?

Price is initially set to $899.95 USD + tax, payable by Paypal and credit cards and will be ready for order soon in January 2014. For early bird buyers, there will be an $100 USD discount, so $799.95 USD + tax.

If you are interested, let me know, we are setting up official website with details in January, and you will be able to purchase the device direct from our website, by phone or from one of our resellers.

K.A.T

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:23:54 AM

I'm interested and watching.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:39:07 PM

watching. just wondering how long your batteries last before needing new ones. thanks.

solarminer.com (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:35:02 PM

watching. just wondering how long your batteries last before needing new ones. thanks.

Each battery can last for about 1~2 year before it really needs to be replaced.

Batteries are lithium iron phosphate (LFP) ones. In case of no sunlight is available, batteries can last for about 6 hours. Solar panels are designed to make sure the charging current is higher than LOAD consumption.  Each solar panel generates 5A (peak), and there are three of those solar panels generating a maximum of 15A.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

When sunlight is not available at night, you could continue mining by changing the power supply to wall sockets

Is there an automatic mains failover implemented, or will you have to plug it in every night? A simple low-light/low-batt detector that kicks on a wall charger input to maintain power shouldn't be too hard to include - couple Schmitt triggers and a relay or something.

Is the solar input bus proprietary, or can it be expanded readily by the user with different and/or additional panels?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:15:32 PM

This is a really nice idea,how about another set of solar panels to charge the battery untill it runs out

This device is only worthwhile if you live in a hot country

Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:18:51 PM

wow that so cool and inovative + cuts down your electricity bill, interested to watch this run.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:36:34 PM

• Solar Panels: 3 Monocrystalline Solar Panels, 5 Amp (peak)

Is that at 12 volts, so 180 watts peak output?

Buy & Hold
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:38:36 PM

This is a really nice idea,how about another set of solar panels to charge the battery untill it runs out

Not so if you live in cloudy northern Europe like I do. Now if there was a wind-powered miner, maybe that would be worth considering.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:10:44 PM

Not so if you live in cloudy northern Europe like I do. Now if there was a wind-powered miner, maybe that would be worth considering.

Or a drizzle powered one

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:31:01 PM

So an overpriced solar panel with overpriced li-phos batteries that will only last two years and a nifty looking USB hub? Really people if you want a solar powered USB hub you can slap one together with ease. You can buy solar panels with charge controllers for less than $1 per watt now, get some car batteries and a power inverter and use any gear you want. What's the situation where someone needs this and it save them any money over a power bill? Stuffed full of the most power hungry USB asics, it will barely operate, the batteries wouldn't last through the evening so it needs to be plugged in...
repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:27:54 AM

So, I can buy this for 800 and save a maximum of 25 a year on electricity, then have to replace the battery after 2 years, while I am still -750. There is no way that this could ever be economical.
repairguy

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:33:04 AM

And also, I loose 10-12 hrs per day of mining(no sunlight)  Does this product make sense to anyone??
Anddos

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:47:41 AM

And also, I loose 10-12 hrs per day of mining(no sunlight)  Does this product make sense to anyone??

Thats why you have multiple solar panels charging batteries,so you can cover the 24/7 cycle. but this will not work in the winter season for sure,i have 3x 7 volt solar panels and i can barely charge my mobile phone right now.

solarminer.com (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:11:43 AM

You won't lose your mining hours. Batteries are large enough to power the FULL mining continuously even without solar panels, before batteries are running out, before you rest in midnight, plug it into the wall for the rest of midnight hours.

Please bear in mind that this device is not for replacing your normal power supply completely, it's been designed to reduce your electricity cost to the minimum so that you are more likely to make a profit from mining.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:32:50 AM

Thats why you have multiple solar panels charging batteries,so you can cover the 24/7 cycle. but this will not work in the winter season for sure,i have 3x 7 volt solar panels and i can barely charge my mobile phone right now.

They already said the batteries won't last through the night anyways, and they have a two year lifespan. If you want to do something beneficial, spend the $1000 improving the efficiency of your home, buy more energy efficient appliances, insulation.... hell, you could make a significant start on a real solar system for that kind of money with the price of solar equipment these days. 

Here, I'll help. You can get everything you need for a great solar installation at this website. They have pretty much the best prices online. They have a nice little selection of windmills if that is your tilt...

http://www.solarblvd.com/
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:35:24 AM

You won't lose your mining hours. Batteries are large enough to power the FULL mining continuously even without solar panels, before batteries are running out, before you rest in midnight, plug it into the wall for the rest of midnight hours.

Please bear in mind that this device is not for replacing your normal power supply completely, it's been designed to reduce your electricity cost to the minimum so that you are more likely to make a profit from mining.

So, do some math for us, I don't want to waste my time on it. How much do you think this will save anyone in a year of constant use. Account for daylight hours, panel efficiency, battery life, base your consumption numbers on real products. Don't worry about geolocation, but don't lie about how much power will still need to be used on grid. Give us the real numbers.
repairguy

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:37:16 AM

So.....Every day I have to unplug it when the battery goes dead and plug it into the wall..convenient.

also at maximum production this will only make $25 per year in electricity, with an 900 dollar price tag and two year battery life how is that going to save me money? Even if the battery lasted forever it would take 36 years to break even, and the lifespan of most solar panels is only 25years
repairguy

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:40:14 AM

They already said the batteries won't last through the night anyways, and they have a two year lifespan. If you want to do something beneficial, spend the $1000 improving the efficiency of your home, buy more energy efficient appliances, insulation.... hell, you could make a significant start on a real solar system for that kind of money with the price of solar equipment these days. 

Here, I'll help. You can get everything you need for a great solar installation at this website. They have pretty much the best prices online. They have a nice little selection of windmills if that is your tilt...

Absolutely, upgrade your windows, furnace or a/c.  Blow some more insulation up in your attic.  All of these items will save wayy more energy.
solarminer.com (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:19:24 AM

Absolutely, upgrade your windows, furnace or a/c.  Blow some more insulation up in your attic.  All of these items will save wayy more energy.

I encourage you to do it, replace your roof with those big panels and paying huge moneys just to fix it later on. change your windows that far more than what the machine cost you.

For what? you really want to turn over your house, risking your HOME to leaking, damaging with huge investment just for Bitcoin mining?

No offense, but we are here to offer people a great product, we are here to contribute with our hard works and heart.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: