Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby you're a rich man too  (Read 4545 times)
Monica80 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:34:31 AM

We just need to start spending our coins so that merchants see a value. Spreading the coins will stabilize the value or at least make it gain value in a healthier way.

Hording the coins with dreams that tomorrow it will reach $40k does not help.

I want to be able to buy express, vs, Macys, etc. But they wont take it seriously until we start acting more mature about this.

How many rich btc people do we have in this forum?

Gentlemen Bitcoin: 1GuwSfwVryEhB15vWMx4j52yMPg6EwSAat
Sexy Sexcoins: S66C4UMnpdwEWDgGPLFa94QRTsnvnwGk1b

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:47:04 AM

We just need to start spending our coins so that merchants see a value. Spreading the coins will stabilize the value or at least make it gain value in a healthier way.

I want to be able to buy express, vs, Macys, etc. But they wont take it seriously until we start acting more mature about this.

A lot of people are spending their coins. If you look at the daily transaction volumes, the ratio is much higher than the same for fiat.

The actual problem is that the number of merchants accepting Bitcoin payments are really low.
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:58:13 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 08:13:27 AM by mindfulmojo

Everyday I go on gyft.com and buy a $10 gift card for for CVS.

Then I go buy beer... The cashiers ask me why do I always have this weird paper copy gift card.

I tell them about bitcoin... Just doing my part..  Wink
titulng

Activity: 484

HubrisOne

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:04:37 AM

I'm poor.... Sad

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:15:10 AM

Everyday I go on gyft.com and buy a $10 gift card for for CVS.

Then I go buy beer... The cashiers ask me why do I always have this weird paper copy gift card.

I tell them about bitcoin... Just doing my part..  Wink

Why don't you import the gyft card to your smart phone?  The Gyft app for iPhone is really slick (and automatic!).

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:22:26 AM

Because I have a crappy metro(ghetto)pcs phone... I will be getting a verizon phone soon though.

If Santa thinks I'm good enough...  Huh But yeah that would be much cooler.

daviducsb

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:32:24 AM

I agree. Totally true but still not super easy to find everyday places where they are accepted. I have used gyft too though.

We need to show these merchants the power of bitcoin!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:48:35 AM

Find me a supermarket / convenience store that accepts bitcoins and I will pay with bitcoins. Chicken and egg at the moment.
chalkyuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:48:02 AM

untill people like myself can get hold of the coins, then it won't work..Here in the UK it's easier to buy rocking horse shit  than to get hold of btc..
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:57:53 AM

It's pretty hard for merchant to accept bitcoins with this price instability. Its moves are too big!

But I believe it will mature with time, which will enable more merchants to accept.
We still are at the very very beginning of cryptocurrencies. Don't forget that.

Besides, that fact that so many people are hoarding bitcoin shows that it is a very good store of value.
That's another role that our money needs to fulfill.

In all, "way to go bitcoin!" is what I have to say!  Smiley
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:58:43 AM

untill people like myself can get hold of the coins, then it won't work..Here in the UK it's easier to buy rocking horse shit  than to get hold of btc..

The UK looks a lot like China these days...  Embarrassed
kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:38:58 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 07:13:02 PM by kwoody

I recently bought a 2010 BMW with Bitcoin, and am currently looking for a real estate agency in Seattle or Denver who would deal strictly in Bitcoin, to the point where I can buy a condo outright with Bitcoin and not have any fiat mortgage to deal with. I intend to spend roughly half of what I've got.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 11:49:53 AM

I know of a few good merchants lists and btc maps, hold on:

http://coinmap.org/

https://www.spendbitcoins.com/places/

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

I am also a bitcoin merchant and many more are listed on reddit.com/r/bitcoin all the time.  It's always great to see more merchants bring in adoption.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:04:59 PM

Agreed. its what is holding adoption back. Unfortunately I don't recall anyone planning to put ATMs in the UK yet. Have to wait for regulation which could be ....... years away.
Monica80 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:15:43 PM

Being able to convert BTC to currency is great, but I was referring to being able to go to a store and pay with bitcoin.

I agree the price fluctuation would literally bankrupt most businesses. They won't be able to swallow a 50% lose in profit from one weekend to the next one. This is hurting BTC.

And another problem is that I would like to be able to buy stuff I really need or use directly! Like empowe mentioned. Go to target and buy stuff. That would be a dream.

This would spread them shinny cute coins around. And people would start using them widely and a value would be set.

And can't we help those in the UK mentioning that coins are super scarce? I am willing to sell one or two haut for helping Smiley but I have no intentions of becoming a trader.

Kwoody, did you transferred coins or did you exchange them to currency?

black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:31:47 PM

Buy BTC:
bittylious already sell bitcoin in UK and in January ZipZap will be available almost everywhere in the UK (They talk about 28k locations).
There is also bit121 which uses a processor connected to Barclays but I haven't use it so I can't tell.
And there is always localbitcoin

Buy with BTC:
Maybe a bear in shoreditch or hackney, what else?
Not much really
StevenS

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:33:44 PM

I've used localbitcoins.com to buy most of mine. Here's a bunch of people in London who will sell you BTC for GBP:
https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-with-cash/1166811144/london-uk/
lucaspm98

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:36:54 PM

They will come with time as they recognize the sales they may be missing out on.
I can help you out while we wait for Netflix to accept Bitcoin  Smiley
Monica80 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:28:12 PM

They will come with time as they recognize the sales they may be missing out on.
I can help you out while we wait for Netflix to accept Bitcoin  Smiley

Now that would be awesome. Perhaps I can get a second job part time that pays only in bitcoin. That way I won't need to exchange from dlls. Smiley

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 11:57:28 PM

untill people like myself can get hold of the coins, then it won't work..Here in the UK it's easier to buy rocking horse shit  than to get hold of btc..

wait until begin of 2014, things will be easyer as i know (in UK)  Wink .

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: