Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 12:14:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shall this mining strategy work?  (Read 816 times)
Triton (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:09:36 AM

I'm thinking of mining alternative cryptos and trading them in for BTC and LTC. The alt crypto have lower difficulty and higher profitability.

But I really don't know whether it's worth it. I'll use a GPU miner to mine for Scrypt based currencies then trade them for LTC/BTC.

i shall use 3 Sapphire  r9 280x Dual-x to mine. But I don't know how many e.g., Emerald coins, Cryptogenic Bullion, Mincoin, etc coins shall i be able to mine a day with this strategy. I'll shift between coins depending on profitability.

I am considering this strategy other than mining for LTC directly. I'm wondering if this strategy is better than mining for LTC directly.
hhs99

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:16:20 AM

Use multipool.us it switches for you based on profitability. Its working well for me and my R5 240's
Triton (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:40:08 AM

Use multipool.us it switches for you based on profitability. Its working well for me and my R5 240's

Is using multipool.us then exchanging the coins for BTC/LTC better than directly mining LTC? with 3 sapphire's I'd be able to mine .7 LTC a day.
arkintunde

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:34:02 AM

The exact purpose of multipool is what you are stating. Multipool wouldn't exist if it wasn't because you could do exactly what you are saying. In short, yes, it should be more profitable theoretically. Go to the site, there's a profitability indicator right at the homepage.
hhs99

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:06:56 AM

it has its good days and its bad days but overall its a little better in my opinion.
Triton (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:27:43 AM

The exact purpose of multipool is what you are stating. Multipool wouldn't exist if it wasn't because you could do exactly what you are saying. In short, yes, it should be more profitable theoretically. Go to the site, there's a profitability indicator right at the homepage.

I went to multipool.us...It says it's currently mining Dogecoins for scrypt and the profitability is 76.46...but that is that 76.46 within a day or what? i may need a lot more than that to trade for 1 btc.

Also, after mining the profitable coin, do you immediately go to cryptsy/bter to trade for ltc/btc? or is it automated ? or can be
hhs99

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:41:00 AM

the 76.76 is a "percentage" of sorts. at 80khash im getting around 14ish Dogecoins a block. You set the payout to the wallet address of your choice. you can automate cryptsy if you wish. there are videos on this.
arkintunde

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:43:00 AM

there's a help section you can read to learn what the profitability is and what to do with your newly mined coins. Not sure if you need to sign up first, but it should answer your questions.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:45:51 AM

just mine in solo

you get more profit trust me

3 x 280x are enough to mine in solo even coins that are above 100 difficulty, easily
Triton (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:55:01 AM

just mine in solo

you get more profit trust me

3 x 280x are enough to mine in solo even coins that are above 100 difficulty, easily
Do you mean mine ltc directly?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

no, i mean mine in solo coins, with low difficulty

such paycoin, diamond, globalcoin and all the new coin

but for now doge seems the most profitable

but you need patience, you can expect to make one block per day, with coins at 50 difficulty
Triton (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:31:06 PM

no, i mean mine in solo coins, with low difficulty

such paycoin, diamond, globalcoin and all the new coin

but for now doge seems the most profitable

but you need patience, you can expect to make one block per day, with coins at 50 difficulty

ok so we're back to multipool.us mining.

My main concern was if it makes more ltc/btc than mining them directly. Apparently on average it does, which is great news.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: