Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:35:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL while you can  (Read 401 times)
coingainer01

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:46:44 PM

I agree with you. I just have problem with number 5.

5. Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time. Then hodl again.

I generally expect more higher value from my coins. So i watch then while decreasing again.

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:57:52 PM

Although, whatever has advantage, also has disadvantage. Ever since i have been into crypto, i noticed that holding coins is more beneficial than immediate trading away of the coin you have.
These are some of the ways in which you can hold successfully:
1. Research the coin you plan to hold. For instance, some traded away their coins. earlier, not knowing the great benefit(s) behind the technology. Research would have helped out in this.
2. Diversify your holdings. Do not hold just one coin.
3. Monitor your holdings on exchanges on daily basis. If possible, on hourly basis, because you cannot but tell when it will moon well.
4. Look for updates on your holdings through social media.
5. Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time. Then hodl again.

When you keep up with the cycle, you will definitely be happy to be a holder.

Do not mind my grammatical errors please.

Yes there are advantages when holding an altcoin, but holding an alt has a time limit and you must understand when you will release your holdings. In some cases you must have patience in the coin your holding because maybe it will drop down too low beyond your expectation but if you are confident that the coin your holding will give you profit hold it while you can and control your emotions to avoid loss. On the other and if your holdings is uptrending just be conscious not to be late for the trip or you will end up holding forever.

I Agree with you. Holding coins like bitcoin or ethereum for long term investment is likely to gain you more profit. BUT for other altcoins it is ok to hold but not for long term.I.mean you should know of it is worth holding for or sell it right away when it pumps a bit .
y3v63n

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:16:25 PM

Hodling is good but it is also necessary to remember that you have to cash in from time to time. No coin is 100% guaranteed not to drop to zero so it secure some profits when you think is the right time to do so.
Egenen

Activity: 268

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:20:50 PM

Hodling is good but it is also necessary to remember that you have to cash in from time to time. No coin is 100% guaranteed not to drop to zero so it secure some profits when you think is the right time to do so.
I think of Bitcoin and Altcoins as a Hype scheme, they will eventually have no value and most people have to act really fast in order to make money from it. Bitcoin is not something that you should play with if you don't know how the Economy works.

Skroojee

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:21:33 PM

I agree with you and these tips are good. But still, I think that trading on the exchange is more profitable, but if you get a coin that will multiply in price many times, then you can earn more.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:36:24 PM

if you see BTC is up, hodl altcoins and invest to the ICO, if you can
if you see BTC is down, go to fiat and hodl only fiat
it is very simple I think
Bitcoin go up is not mean that atlcoins will go up, but if bitcoin go down I am sure that altcoins will go down. Every thing will be simple if you know what  altcoins need to buy and hold, you need to be patient in how long, not much persons can do it.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:05:58 PM

I cannot deny the fact that it is good to hodl. I have sold some coins too fast. How i wish i still have them. Some of the coins i sold before the right tikme were Telcoin, TheKey and ENU. Could you imagine sold all my ENU holdings not too long and now it has mooned. I just read about the enormous benefits holders will later get. It is good to. hodl.
The thing with investments is that if the coin is any good there is not such a thing as holding for too long, that coin will keep going up so you should only sell under two circumstances, one is that you need the money to invest in something else or because an emergency has happened and you need the money, if you do that you will hold long enough to see your coins skyrocketing.
CuDoCuDau

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 08:17:58 AM

Thanks for your experiences but some things are difficult to perform
the cycle is a cycle on ideal. If everyone could make it perfect, then the market will no longer balance
for example: Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time, It is difficult to make. We fear that when selling coins don't have a chance to buy

I think if you can check market of BTC, you can see increase and decrease of coin, but you don't sell and buy at the right time, Currently, BTC unstable and hard to guess. You also need to have good luck factor.
Dirk2017

Activity: 336

“Crypto Depository Receipts”

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:21:36 AM

Thanks for your experiences but some things are difficult to perform
the cycle is a cycle on ideal. If everyone could make it perfect, then the market will no longer balance
for example: Sell high at the right time and buy low at the right time, It is difficult to make. We fear that when selling coins don't have a chance to buy

I think if you can check market of BTC, you can see increase and decrease of coin, but you don't sell and buy at the right time, Currently, BTC unstable and hard to guess. You also need to have good luck factor.

Hold while you can and hold while theres time, dont rush things because its dangerous, just do it smoothly and wisely, if you want to earn more profit then you shouod have patience, all you need to do is wait and wait till such time will come, it will rise again.

jomvill

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:46:49 AM

the Hodl is a slang term and Internet meme that is used in the Bitcoin community when referring to holding the cryptocurrency rather ... In 2017 , Quartz listed it as one of the essential ...
lihongjing

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:20:12 AM

Long-term holding of cryptocurrency is indeed a way to maximize profits, but in the long-term decline of the market, long-term holding will suffer huge losses! I think its profits and risks are interdependent!
abztabz

Activity: 135

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:46:21 AM

yes i believe in holding because we dont know what happen if we sell our token immediately there's a chance that we regret later if the price become some high

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: