Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arbitrage Trading , who does it? Is it effective?  (Read 196 times)
godfredmanu (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:25:18 PM

Is there any forum member here that can share his strategy in arbitrage trading. That is buying low and selling high on an exchange or buying low from one exchange and selling high on another exchange.Is it effective and profitable?

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:46:53 PM

A few months ago it was a very profitable occupation. But now it began to do through automated bots and manually doing this is not profitable as it was before.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:32:56 PM

Is there any forum member here that can share his strategy in arbitrage trading. That is buying low and selling high on an exchange or buying low from one exchange and selling high on another exchange.Is it effective and profitable?
Yes, this kind of trading is really profitable but would really depend on how precisely you would able to sell out on an exact time and considering the factors of fee when it comes into different exchangers. Same as being mentioned above where automation or bots do make it non profitable already. Not only that where theres a sudden pump into an other exchange neither they would disable deposits into that site which do really sucks.

Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:35:19 PM

about 1 or more year ago there were so many people that make good profits by arbitrage. but nowadays there are so many arbitrage bots that normal people can not make it before them so it is not as profitable as it was before.
hodl_news

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:45:33 PM

Use the bot to arbitrate on various cryptocurrency exchanges. Only in this way can this occupation be profitable, since the market is very sluggish now.
Prodigye

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:50:48 PM

Arbitrage trading is rarely profitable, most the times the fees eat you up or the exchange has blocked withdrawals.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

It's really not advisable to do it on some certain exchange,  I could remember a friend of mine whose coin was trapped on another exchange when trying to do an abittrage, watch the exchange you wish to do it carefully
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 04:28:18 AM

Arbitrage trading sounds good in theory, you can earn profits without the risk of losing but there are many hurdles you need to overcome, you need big capital and I mean a really big capital, you need accounts in many different exchanges and you need to have enough money on each account, you also need to have an account in a bank that is willing to put with you activities and while I'm not an expert on the subject that is really difficult to find.
itscomplicated

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:06:08 AM

I'm intermediate in terms in trading, but I'd say buying on one exchange and selling it to another is a loss, why? because exchanges have insanely high withdrawal fees.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:10:40 AM

Right now it will be hard since we are in a bear market. It will be risky as coins prices suddenly drops within a few minutes.

I already have read some tips on how to be an effective Arbitrage trader in this forum just do a search.

Again be careful current trend of the market is not in favor on this type of strategy.
jitenrajput
Copper Member

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 05:41:09 AM

Arbitrage is buying low from one exchange and selling high on another exchange. Usually done through trading bots. The market is bearish right now so not very effective or profitable.

ENCRYBIT  -  Future of CryptoExchange▐  Private Sale is Live!
● Buy ENCX Tokens ● Get up to 40% Discount
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:50:52 AM

I ever try it, it is profitable if you can find the hole, but there are things to consider before you try the arbitrage, and arbitrage is absolutely not for beginner, you need to consider the transaction volume and the speed transaction, last time I try arbitrage my coin get stucked, luckily I still can break even
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:34:20 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 11:56:17 PM by cryptolidus

There are 1620 coins and lot of arbitrage opportunities. Arbitrage profit is free money but there are many risks and difficulties with it.
Some of the difficulties are  market liquidity - low volume, trading fees, withdrawal time and fees.
To make arbitrage trading risk free You have to execute 2 trades in the same time in 2 different exchanges and only experienced traders are supposed doing it.  

richshopgh

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:42:30 PM

Arbitrage trading is possible with a high speed bolts that can make transactions simultaneously in just miliseconds. But if you want to do it manually there must be a slippage in the prices and it might end you up in loses.
MaRu26

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:07:09 AM

it is not that easy as seems )
some transactions go way to slow and you get the price slipping away.
during pump some exchanges shut deposit/withdraw to prevent from that)

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:21:50 AM

Doing arbitrage with bitcoin is pretty much easier than other cryptos and we have lot of options to buy and sell the bitcoins.No one will reveal their success strategy here,so you need to find it in your own.Coinbase is one of the best place to buy bitcoins and you can sell it on other exchanges to have more profits you can compare the prices on CMC to get clear idea.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:30:38 AM

Well its like:

binance account:
1 mil $
bitcoins worth 1 mil $

bittrex account:
1 mil $
bitcoins worth 1 mil $

binance bitcoin price is higher than bittrex you sell on binance and immediatly buy on bittrex as much as you can (your arbitrage will affect price and decrise price difference)

binance account:
500 000 $
bitcoins worth 1,5 mil $

bittrex account:
1,5 mil $
bitcoins worth 500 mil $

binance bitcoin price is lower than bittrex you buy on binance and immediatly sell on bittrex as much as you can (your arbitrage will affect price and decrise price difference)

binance account:
1 mil $
bitcoins worth 1 mil $

bittrex account:
1 mil $
bitcoins worth 1 mil $

And you are back where you were with profit. In this strategy you miss transfer cost and transfer time. I dont see a chance to do it with low capital, without bot and without special conditions from exchanges (huge players has low fees what makes them profitable in moment when you will still be unprfitable)

Manual arbitrage is still profitable in some circumstances. For example when price is skyrocking you can search through low volume exchanges (mostly decentralized) and buy coins there, where price was not pumped yet and transfer to big exchanges - with risk of price drop during transfers (i do it with price difference over 30%). Those exchanges are mortly not arbitraged by huge players.

Arbitrage can be done on 1 exchange too. Buy alt for btc sell to eth sell to $ buy btc and circle is complited. But it is impossible to do it without special conditions from exchange and fast trading bots.

Sometimes manual arbitrage can be profitable on small volume new exchanges in simples possible way (buy alt for btc sell to eth sell to $ buy btc and circle is complited) but its just for fun or timekilling stuff rather than big money earning. 50$ daily is great achivement that way
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:36:07 AM

A few months ago it was a very profitable occupation. But now it began to do through automated bots and manually doing this is not profitable as it was before.
That is the same way I have seeing arbitrage trading too.  Some years back we do see a wide gap between two exchange platforms of some altcoins and bitcoin price but now thing has changed and we are not going to have those opportunities again. Many bots are out there helping arbitrage traders makes little profits.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:39:09 AM

I have done it and it works but there are some problems with arbitrage trading that makes it sometimes impossible and sometimes extremely hard to make profit from it so my conclusion was to stick to normal traditional trading instead of wasting time on arbitrage.

I have done it manually and with my bot. the problems I am talking about is the fact that others are doing it also so there is a risk involved specially if you are doing it with an altcoin that can get dumped or pumped at any time and you lose a lot of money that way. another problem is that most of the times the reason for the price difference (which you use for arbitrage) is that there is a problem with that coin or with that exchange that has the different price so you can get stuck and lose money. and finally another important problem is that the profit most of the times does not justify the risks. meaning you take a huge risk but earn a tiny profit.

Only Bitcoin
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:52:53 AM

I never try it and i think this is not effective because we should also calculate the fee of withdrawal and how long the transaction will confirmed. And this strategy can be fail if the transaction comfirmed take a few hours and the the price changed.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: