Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:59:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates to Bitcoin  (Read 409 times)
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:17:16 PM

The only people who would get affected by this are probably the newcomers since most of them only join because they just heard "earn money easy thru bitcoin" but involving in bitcoin is not that shallow. Knowing nothing while investing will only lead you to loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phlaser

Activity: 257
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:24:13 PM

He's only been diplomatic. Guess what! Most of those condemning Bitcoin now just want to float their own digital notes. Their true intention will be thrown open soon.

Bill Gates: I’d Short ‘Crazier, Speculative’ Bitcoin If I Could

Microsoft founder Bill Gates issued critical comments about Bitcoin May 7, telling CNBC it was a “greater fool” investment and he “would short it if he could.”

In comments during the network’s Squawk Box segment, Gates, who in February claimed cryptocurrencies had “caused deaths in a fairly direct way,” nonetheless did not discount the idea of engaging with it himself.

“As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment,” he said.

read more, https://cointelegraph.com/news/bill-gates-id-short-crazier-speculative-bitcoin-if-i-could
croptodic

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:26:44 PM

Actually I am not fully agreed with Mr. Bill. Some points are logical but all. Once we have seen his positive views over bitcoin. But I believe he will again understand the value of bitcoin as well as crypto market.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Maybe he was already short. And maybe he was just bashing it because he wanted another low entry price to buy even more.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. So he made a Jamie Dimon.  Cheesy

And if he really is against Bitcoin, well I'm fine with that too. He is not of any importance anymore. He made his fortune a long time ago and is mostly relaxing on an island, slurping some cocktails and so on.
Meanwhile Microsoft is making a presentation at Consensus of of it's decentralized identities system for which it is speculated they are using the Bitcoin Blockchain and layer 2 protocols like the Lightning Network.

https://twitter.com/csuwildcat/status/995796810827517952

DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:09:41 PM

This is my own opinion about Bitcoin, I think differently from the comments made. Bitcoin is not an asset, it's like a form of investment and Bitcoin is like a stock, it's just a stock worth, and it helps you make a profit from buying and selling shares.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:14:43 PM

Microsoft founder Bill Gates issued critical comments about Bitcoin May 7, telling CNBC it was a “greater fool” investment and he “would short it if he could.”

In comments during the network’s Squawk Box segment, Gates, who in February claimed cryptocurrencies had “caused deaths in a fairly direct way,” nonetheless did not discount the idea of engaging with it himself.

“As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment,” he said.

read more, https://cointelegraph.com/news/bill-gates-id-short-crazier-speculative-bitcoin-if-i-could

Bill gates is an awesome personality but that doesn't mean what he thinks will be true everytime. I remember, his old friend Mr. Buffet was also present in that show who is a known hater of bitcoin. So I believe it's just peer pressure.  Tongue

But seriously, market has learnt to ignore such comments from conventional old timers. They have lived their life and now it's our time to live ours. Why bother listening to them? Even the crypto market doesn't show any impact to such comments anymore. Simply ignore!
I agree with you completely. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are easily two of the smartest people that I have observed, but that does not imply that they are perfect in any manner whatsoever. They hate the cryptocurrency market and issue negative comments about Bitcoin which is completely their opinion and I respect it since we cannot force anyone to say good stuff about Bitcoin. If the world governments cannot stop Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market, I doubt 2 old guys can do something in this aspect. No need to bad mouth them for expressing their opinions people.

People don't seem to understand that these 3 guys empires depend on the US dollar hegemony, if the US dollar loses the current status it has, their portfolios would feel it negatively, and Bitcoin will dethrone the US dollar hegemony. Therefore they can either:

1) Fight this fact via FUD
2) Hold Bitcoin on their portfolios

Im sure they will eventually start going towards 2) (if they are smart) but they want to shake all the idiots out of the market first so they can buy cheaper. At least Bill Gates should understand this, the other 2 guys are simply too old and irrelevant in the new world, they will be dead soon anyway.
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:51:44 PM

I agree with the guys! he does not understand what he is talking about, of course now very serious competitors are beginning to appear, who will be able to put his business in a dozen years! moreover, we should not forget that this company is almost under the control of special services!))) Soros, too, in the early year spoke, that this is a big bubble! and now he has created a separate Fund for investing in the crypto world! I am sure that every day there are fewer and fewer people who do not believe in the great future of the crypto world!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:59:38 PM

I understand that Bill Gates represents the ičim for many people and he has achieved a lot but that still doesn’t mean that he is the expert for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Many are very disappointed with his attitude towards bitcoin but don’t take it so seriously. We can respect that opinion but don’t have to embrace it.
And no matter how influences he is that doesn’t need to harm bitcoin.

malaj
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 06:11:07 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency and it can go up and down but I think Bill Gates shouldn’t comment like this. And I think people who are investing in bitcoin are wise enough to understand what they are doing and where they are investing.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 01:02:21 PM

Bill Gates always talks against bitcoin and he feels that investing on bitcoin is risky but i dont think so. Because now people are investing in bitcoin and earn lots of profit. Why this happened i dont know.
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 11:55:40 AM

Bill Gates talks always that he is against in bitcoin, I don't think why Bill Gates are against in bitcoin. My friend told me that Bill Gates is investing in bitcoin but he think that it is risky. Many bitcoin users or people are investing now here in bitcoin, Many people earn a lot of profit.  My opinion is when Bill Gates supports bitcoin, I think the whole world become prosperous.
Olivia S

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:14:29 AM

Everyone wants to get rich and investing blindly. A lot of people do not understand the operation or business plan of the crypto or tokens they invest in. All in all it can leave you with zero.
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 02:25:30 PM

He is just keeping us safe from being blinded. Many are very disappointed with his attitude towards bitcoin but don’t take it so seriously.
ExhibitGap25

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:08:54 PM

This is good indeed. I want him stay out of it.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:24:48 PM

As much as I know Bill Gates was crypto friendly earlier and also even looking forward to invest into crypto. I think the recent pricefall bitcoin faced recently has mabe him negative about bitcoin. I think there is nothing to worry on this statement and hopefully this will not have much effect on bitcoin. Besides, I may sound funny but I can see a positive side of this too. I think any publicity is a good publicity. Atleast from his statement more people are cominh to know about bitcoin. So please be positive everyone.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

He is the one i adore that i was encouraged to join Bitcoin investment as he said before that no one can stop Bitcoin during an interview because it is good as an alternative investments for him. Now i wonder why he is now against Bitcoin after he support it before? Maybe he lose big during last ultimate corrections in which from $19,800 it falls to $9,000 and that is why he dislike it now.  Grin
papashark

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

Dont believe this scumbag crypto basher. All of them including Warren Buffets and Jaime Dimon are market influencers. Dont believe in their lies as they have a huge money to buy the crypto at the bottom. Expect BTC to crash in $3k, then these guys will simply buy their shares.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:35:57 PM

I think he is right about Bitcoin. We are investing blindly, we do not understand the operation or business plan of the altcoin we invest. The current value of bitcoin is considered to be a virtual value, and it can return zero at any time without reason. So investing in the Crypto market is a very risky investment.
You are a noob too if you're investing blindly and without understanding,yeah bitcoin is volatile and fluctuating but this doesnt meant we know nothing about investing.

And besides this problem only applies to those who wanted to gain quilckly those people that has been told by friend that bitcoin is a money flows,that if you invest here you will gain instantly
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: