Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:01:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization is now being bastardized  (Read 149 times)
Magneto151 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

It's an ocean of meaning and a wide jungle

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:15:23 PM

Over the years studying crypto and the concept of a decentralized world and transactions, I have realized that many organizations now flood into the crypto environment claiming to embrace blockchain and promoting the concept of decentralization. This is just mumbo jumbo as what they truly offer out there is nothing but another centralized concept cloned and disguised with blockchain  cover. What do you guys think about this trend?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:18:13 PM

many people claim they want decentralization but as soon as they realise it's more expensive, more slow, more aggravating and more demanding they usually flip and start trying to chip away at the idea while claiming they still love it.

look at all the endless attempts to centralize bitcoin, some of which is succeeding such as mining.

what we need is an event that proves the necessity of maintaining it. i dunno what that event would consist of but it would need to be a scary one.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:29:45 PM

It seems to me that in the world decentralization now exists(w/o blockchain). Blokchain can become the keeper of all clear, reliable information about everyone and everything. It will be an instrument of open control. There will be some kind of reverse effect. And now everyone is attracted to anonymity, transparency  Grin

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
jasonhart

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:29:26 AM

Yes, it occurs in some cases. Many organizations make their step towards this block chain system and promote it. But maybe somewhere inside , they plan on making it more of a centralized system.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
reflectcrypto

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:22:46 AM

Yes you are right. Nowadays many shows interest on blockchain and when they come to know that it is a bit expensive and slow as well they part their ways out but don't acknowledge that. Many companies wanted to adopt blockchain technology but ended up doing something centralized in the name of blockchainRoll Eyes Roll Eyes
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:26:23 AM

Yes, I am also concerned about this issue.
At present, more and more decentralized blockchain technology is only a centralized token.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:26:57 AM

I think and take blockchain positively. I believe, blockchain will be able to hold the accelerator of economic development and it will make life easier and transparent.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 05:55:00 AM

My opinion is that where money is, people are using every possible word that will possibly attract investors. Whether having good intention or not, I think that all these words are meaningless when the majority of the ICO today demands KYC.
LemonF3

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:19:04 AM

Over the years studying crypto and the concept of a decentralized world and transactions, I have realized that many organizations now flood into the crypto environment claiming to embrace blockchain and promoting the concept of decentralization. This is just mumbo jumbo as what they truly offer out there is nothing but another centralized concept cloned and disguised with blockchain  cover. What do you guys think about this trend?
In my opinion, the purpose of the decentralization system, the blockchain is good. Maybe it is just the other people who have another agenda whose making its reputation not good. While there are some who are riding on the system to attract customers for their investments.
Jaslinbor28

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:28:30 PM

maybe you are right sir, but not all of them are doing this way. now a days peoples are coming into blockchain tecnology and organizations are supporting decentralized world too, but the problem is number of them is too little.
jasydoggye

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:50:51 PM

It is not true indeed. The coming of different investors’ especially intuitional investors will not make the decentralized systems into the centralized one. From the starting till now bit coin has already passed almost 10 years in this crypto currencies market. The main advantage of this block chain technology is the decentralized network. So there is no possibility of this system to be changed. But since the investors and transactions are increasing, there can be a modification or update in the system for the betterment of the investors.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:53:24 PM

My opinion is that where money is, people are using every possible word that will possibly attract investors. Whether having good intention or not, I think that all these words are meaningless when the majority of the ICO today demands KYC.
Yeah, that is true.
But also, where is money, there are laws, but I do not think that it is bad, we need regulations and rules!

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:00:38 PM

Greedy corporates investing in crypto world when the cryptocurrency boomed this past years and now they're trying to take control like what they did in real world. Those greedy bankers  Angry
cryptovally01

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:31:58 PM

I don’t think they are do so. People who invest in bitcoin they really do like decentralization and blockchain technology. Though it is expensive but people are loving it and they are using it. And the people who invest in bitcoin and blockchain technology they do believe in decentralization process.
glerant

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:52:01 PM

many people claim they want decentralization but as soon as they realise it's more expensive, more slow, more aggravating and more demanding they usually flip and start trying to chip away at the idea while claiming they still love it.

look at all the endless attempts to centralize bitcoin, some of which is succeeding such as mining.

what we need is an event that proves the necessity of maintaining it. i dunno what that event would consist of but it would need to be a scary one.

It's true. There are a lot of noob investors that only look at CoinMarketCap and don't consider fundamentals like centralisation, closed source and vapour claims.

Once you unpick them from the equation there are not that many contenders worthy for investment;
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Waves, Monero, Stellar (if real not hype).
rackam

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 12:55:48 PM

We live in centralized countries with centralized government and centralized banks. So what do you think? It is not that easy to be decentralized.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: