Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:25:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi everyone, I am new and I bring a exclusively CPU mining algorithm.  (Read 533 times)
ATuttle (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:19:42 PM

Hi!

I am that debian, vim, python kind of guy and I've been interested in cryptocurrencies for a long time but I only came here as a leech, so I didn't register.

I would like to thank everyone in here for the incredible job done developing bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Me and some pals of the economic Spanish forum http://burbuja.info, where I post as Tuttle (without A), started a new coin project and we where discussing about the chance of doing a CPU only mining algorithm.

I have an idea for one and I would love if someone would tell me where is the best place to discuss it in altcoins or in technical discussion.

tyler27

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:30:42 PM

Hi!

I am that debian, vim, python kind of guy and I've been interested in cryptocurrencies for a long time but I only came here as a leech, so I didn't register.

I would like to thank everyone in here for the incredible job done developing bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Me and some pals of the economic Spanish forum http://burbuja.info, where I post as Tuttle (without A), started a new coin project and we where discussing about the chance of doing a CPU only mining algorithm.

I have an idea for one and I would love if someone would tell me where is the best place to discuss it in altcoins or in technical discussion.

Welcome Wink

For sure in the technical forum. Altcoin section is full of noobs and spammers.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 05:37:31 PM

No, that section is for discussion of the bitcoin protocol.

@OP, alt currencies.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:53:24 PM

Well, I'm interested in this. I don't see how to make it CPU only except by making it really complex so it would be cumbersome to make FPGA/ASIC device. Are you going to tell anything about it here, or in the altcoin section? And yes, that is the correct place. There is still room for reasonable discussion although this DOGE craze and everyone making their own coins has turned it into a mess.

I think that the board should be split and new coin announcements and giveaways go a section of their own.
Stake

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

Good to see more developers coming to the forum.

Welcome.
bollocks37

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:56:21 PM

No, that section is for discussion of the bitcoin protocol.

@OP, alt currencies.

Except that as a newbie you can't seem to post anywhere but here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: