Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 05:06:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maximiseing Use of GUIMiner  (Read 633 times)
Gandog (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:22:44 PM

Hello to all,
I am new to Bitcoins and would like to maximize the use of my system using the GUIminer program. I run an AMD 6970 and an Quad Core I7 950 @ 3.07. In GUIminer I have two options to use both Cayman (I presume my GPU) and Intel(R) Core(TM) I7 CPU. Using just Caymen does 365 MHash/s, Using Just the CPU does 5 MHash/s and using both drops both to around 5 MHash/s.

This is sorta a duel question. Is 365 Mhash/s decent for my system, and/or is there a way to maximize both the GPU and CPU to up my MHash rate?

Any Info or pointers will be much appreciated, If you need more info just ask!

Thank you,
Gandog
Gandog (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:19:54 AM

Huh Huh Huh
wickedseraphim

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:52:38 AM

Hello to all,
I am new to Bitcoins and would like to maximize the use of my system using the GUIminer program. I run an AMD 6970 and an Quad Core I7 950 @ 3.07. In GUIminer I have two options to use both Cayman (I presume my GPU) and Intel(R) Core(TM) I7 CPU. Using just Caymen does 365 MHash/s, Using Just the CPU does 5 MHash/s and using both drops both to around 5 MHash/s.

This is sorta a duel question. Is 365 Mhash/s decent for my system, and/or is there a way to maximize both the GPU and CPU to up my MHash rate?

Any Info or pointers will be much appreciated, If you need more info just ask!

Thank you,
Gandog
What? are you trying to mine bitcoin on a regular cpu? That's really a waste of resources. Best coin to mine at the moment is DOGE coin. using Caymen, is your video card, mine says Turks, I've seen Tahiti too, idk why the strange names.  thats the only one you want to mine with., using CPU and GPU will kill your hasrate to only that of the lesser.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: