Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:47:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spreading the word: "Do you take Bitcoin?"  (Read 1261 times)
SmoothieClau (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:33:29 PM

Hello,

I write to share a new tool for advocating Bitcoin.
It's a simple thing, but if everyone asks, "Do You Take Bitcoin?" everywhere they go, we can spread Good Money that much faster!

I hope the community finds this useful, we are looking for feedback so any comment or ideas about how to improve the card's design or format, or anything, will be very welcome!

Thanks and enjoy!
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 06:59:14 PM

yep, iam doing this at every internet purchase. of course you can also do it in real life Smiley

SmoothieClau (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:18:47 PM

That's great LiteCoinGuy, I think it would be really nice to have the option of paying with Bitcoin in every single purchase that we make, either it is online or in the stores that we visit everyday (bakery, café, bar, etc)  Smiley

luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:04:44 PM

Why are you wasting your time or insisting others to promote bitcoin SmoothieClau like I am sick with people who keep on asking “Do you accept Bitcoin”. I am a sale man and really say them why shall I accept it. I don’t have enough time to waste going with bitcoins and searching for bitcoins acceptor
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:16:42 PM

yup , the bitcoin has such a strong and passionate community. anyone who supports bitcoin ideally should try to help out and talk to local (or non local) merchants about accepting bitcoin as a payment option. heck you could go a couple steps further and ask your employer if you can receive part of your salary in bitcoin.

also i would suggest if/when you do see places near you that accept bitcoin. consider shopping there and using bitcoin to make purchases. i know i'll be buying some things at overstock.com once they start accepting bitcoin which they just announced they will be.  i wouldnt normally shop there but now i will every now and then just to support the community.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:39:18 PM

Why are you wasting your time or insisting others to promote bitcoin SmoothieClau like I am sick with people who keep on asking “Do you accept Bitcoin”. I am a sale man and really say them why shall I accept it. I don’t have enough time to waste going with bitcoins and searching for bitcoins acceptor

Haha why do you hate Bitcoin so much? All you post is to slag it off.
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:46:15 PM

Hello,

I write to share a new tool for advocating Bitcoin.
It's a simple thing, but if everyone asks, "Do You Take Bitcoin?" everywhere they go, we can spread Good Money that much faster!

I hope the community finds this useful, we are looking for feedback so any comment or ideas about how to improve the card's design or format, or anything, will be very welcome!

Thanks and enjoy!

I do it often.  Last time I was with a bitcoin friend and they agree it would make a funny video to record the various expressions people had when asked that question.  Anyway, it is a good idea to inquire just so people become more aware.
SmoothieClau (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:35:35 PM

I do it often.  Last time I was with a bitcoin friend and they agree it would make a funny video to record the various expressions people had when asked that question. Anyway, it is a good idea to inquire just so people become more aware.

The video idea sounds funny. Common phrase after the question is: "I'm sorry, bitcoin what?" haha.

It's not about forcing the stores to take Bitcoin, it's just to let more people know what Bitcoin is and later they can decide if they want to get into it or not.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:39:08 PM

So I take it you enjoy being charged upwards of 5% by Visa and Mastercard on every purchase?

And if the card happens to be a (1) rewards card from (2) outside the USA, you end up with 7-12% fees from Visa and Mastercard.

As it turns out, rewards cards aren't being nice to their clients.   We as merchants are buying people their airline miles.  Literally.

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:48:50 PM

Wikipedia just sent me another email pleading for money. I did donate $5 last year...

I told them nothing from me ever again until they take bitcoin donations...lol

If you wish to do the same....

donate@wikimedia.org
Pillow

Activity: 25

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:13:01 PM

Thanks OP for this thread.  It's very simple, but I think will really help push the BTC economy forward.  Also, when I sell stuff on craigslist now, I always mention that I accept Bitcoin.  I recommend doing the same.
chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:15:51 PM

Number One reply: No I am not taking your digital monopoly play money. Show me some cash or GTFO!!!
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:11:51 PM

just have to make sure that if you're going to ask, that you're willing to actually pay with them. 
kuverty

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:37:29 PM

I ask this sometimes when I'm buying stuff but I don't want to bother the people in the local kitchen utensil store or something. But if I'm online shopping for something that is related on any level to the stuff the average bitcoiner is, I often ask. I've had success too and got at least a few people into Bitcoin.
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:57:30 PM

Asked my protein supplier here in the uk the other day -

Hello Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch about payment options.

I am sorry that this option is not available.

Myprotein are always trying to improve their services and value you your feedback. This could be something for Myprotein to consider in the future.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

------

Myprotein.com Customer Service Team

Bitrated user: Mick.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:19:01 PM

Asked my protein supplier here in the uk the other day -

Hello Michael,

Thank you for getting in touch about payment options.

I am sorry that this option is not available.

Myprotein are always trying to improve their services and value you your feedback. This could be something for Myprotein to consider in the future.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

------

Myprotein.com Customer Service Team
Looks like another copy/paste response from the support department. Means they ain't accepting it any time soon.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:23:19 PM

What does that mean "slag it off"? Slag?

Topazan

Activity: 354

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 10:04:40 PM

"Slag it off" = "criticize it". 

Save the last bitcoin for me!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:48:44 PM

"Slag it off" = "criticize it". 

Thanks

doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:23:34 AM

This is how i am spreading the word https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380741.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: