Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: boost version for building 0.3.20?  (Read 2101 times)
nounderscores (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 12:52:55 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to apply the getblock patch

http://yyz.us/bitcoin/patch.bitcoin-getblock

to the source of Bitcoin 0.3.20, and I've successfully merged the changes to rpc.cpp in.

I'm running fedora core 12, with kernel 2.6.30, openssl 1.0.0 (installed by hand), and boost version 1.45.

unfortunately I had to change some of the static linked libraries to dynamic linked libraries for boost and db_cxx (I seem to be lacking .a files, I've only got .so files so I had to change the linker flags in the Makefile)

now I'm running into problems with building bitcoind
eg:
/usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:214: undefined reference to `boost::system::generic_category()'

please help!

Cheers,
nos

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LZ
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1072

P2P Cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 02:33:29 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2011, 02:47:25 PM by lzsaver

I absolutely do not understand boost's code and its terrible subversion repository.
But I think that Bitcoin is just not compatible with your new boost version yet. Tongue

In the build-unix.txt file you can read that it is required the old boost version 1.37.

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_45_0/libs/system/src/error_code.cpp
Code:
namespace boost
{
  namespace system
  {
[...]
    BOOST_SYSTEM_DECL const error_category & generic_category()
    {
      static const generic_error_category generic_category_const;
      return generic_category_const;
    }
[...]
  } // namespace system
} // namespace boost

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/tags/release/Boost_1_37_0/libs/system/src/error_code.cpp
Code:
namespace boost
{
  namespace system
  {
[...]
    BOOST_SYSTEM_DECL const error_category & get_generic_category()
    {
      static const generic_error_category generic_category_const;
      return generic_category_const;
    }
[...]
  } // namespace system
} // namespace boost

get_generic_category() ↔ generic_category()

My OpenPGP fingerprint: 5099EB8C0F2E68C63B4ECBB9A9D0993E04143362
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 03:16:42 PM

I'm running fedora core 12, with kernel 2.6.30, openssl 1.0.0 (installed by hand), and boost version 1.45.

unfortunately I had to change some of the static linked libraries to dynamic linked libraries for boost and db_cxx (I seem to be lacking .a files, I've only got .so files so I had to change the linker flags in the Makefile)

You need to stick with the static libs, else you're on your own. You can install them from package boost-static.

I'm now using Fedora 14, but when I was using Fedora 12 I was able to compile bitcoin using boost-static-1.39.0 as described here:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1334.msg22412#msg22412
nounderscores (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 04:06:51 PM

Thanks!

downgrading to boost-static-devel has made most of the errors go away, now it's only complaining about boost's context_service.hpp

g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -D__WXGTK__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -I"/usr/local/include/wx-2.9" -I"/usr/local/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-debug-static-2.9" -I"/usr/local/ssl/include/" -o obj/nogui/rpc.o rpc.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/context_service.hpp:31,
                 from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:23,
                 from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:20,
                 from rpc.cpp:13:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp: In member function âvoid boost::asio::ssl::detail::openssl_context_service::create(SSL_CTX*&, boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)â:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:74: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:77: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:80: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:83: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:86: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:89: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:92: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:95: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:98: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:101: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:104: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp:107: error: invalid conversion from âconst SSL_METHOD*â to âSSL_METHOD*â
make: *** [obj/nogui/rpc.o] Error 1
nounderscores (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Thanks again,

I downgraded from openssl 1.0 to 9.x and now the whole project builds perfectly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: